Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have done this too🤩

Now THAT would have worked great while we were staying in the cabin in the mountains recently, especially being that there is no microwave. So it was a case of...try to eat the take-out food while it's at least still warm. Oh well, half the time in restaurants food is not served as hot as I'd like anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

World Cruise reminded me of Bob Brown. I was following Bob Brown's posts on his world cruise couple years ago. He suffered a heart attack, was moved to a hospital somewhere, met the love of his life (Betsy) on that cruise, got married on that cruise. I loved reading his blog/posts. He had a huge following! I haven't seen him post much lately, but I haven't looked/searched.

We met Bob on a couple of NCL and Royal cruises and played trivia. We really enjoyed his company. We wish them the best!

See if this is the @bob brown you speak of.  He just posted a few minutes ago here 

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

Uber or a shuttle for going from point to point but not on a road trip or a vacation where a car is a must. That would be a weird trip using Uber. 😁

We could not have used Uber while we were in Maine for 4 months this last summer.  😉 

Actually pretty good deal with Budget for long term rental.  Nice mid size Honda SUV, which had just 30 miles on it.  Felt spoiled to get one that new...and best thing...did not smell like an old ashtray!!  🤗

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Still my favorite mode of travel - either all driving or else, depending on distance and time required, we fly/drive. Our most recent - before covid - was a fly/drive that started and ended in Grand Junction, CO - did all 5 National Parks in Utah plus Mesa Verde and a few other stops - absolutely amazing. A highlight was having a tour of Monument Valley, AZ with a Navajo guide. Way up there on the list of my all-time favorite trips. Another was driving down through FL, across the Keys and then flying home out of Key West. Driving the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway is another great trip - especially in fall. Cruises and organized land tours (like through Collette or Tauck) are my next favorite types of travel, as long as any of these modes aren't much more than 3 weeks - that's about my limit as to being ready to return home, so obviously even a segment of the recently discussed WC is not even under consideration. 

We have been to several national parks but not all.

Among our favorite all driving vacations were:

Driving to Toronto and visiting as many cities as possible there over a 2 week period.

Driving to Toronto and seeing some of what we did not get to on the previous trip and then driving to Quebec,PEI,New Brunswick and Nova Scotia using up my allotted 5 weeks vacation time.

Driving to Ct ,touring the state and then to MA to tour the state.

Driving to VT and touring the state.

Driving to PA and touring the state

Touring the state of NY

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

OK, guys. I’ll be back after the surgery and have my brain and eyes coordinated. 
I did my 3 phase  shower, and then the wipes, which have made me itch all over. I’m scared but hopeful, and appreciate all of the kind words you havesent me. 
Love you all, Mimi

Awww...Mimi. 🥺

My heart goes out to you...and all the best wishes for a quick and perfect surgery, with an easy recovery with full remission.  🤗

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wishing you all the best Mimi.

I feel annoyed that they made you go through all the prep and "forgot" to tell you the most important step. No it doesn't make you look dumb at all......they are dumb ones to have forgotten!

You know you are going to beat this! I look forward to hearing form you as soon as you can post.

+1 👍

@jagsfan

Mimi, can you believe that I was looking at the clock just an hour ago (local time here, ~5PM, should be 10AM "there"), and thinking "by now you've started the surgery" 🤞

And I see a post from you, and skipped a beat.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, George C said:

We have never done a road trip 😁, we fly just about everywhere.

We do now...hence the Land Yacht going up for sale.   

But when we get to our destination...need something besides feet to get around...and a way to carry my "way too much stuff I packed".  😉 

Comes in handy doing the winery tours right now as well.  😄 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I use our heated seats in FL every time we do take out. I heat up the passenger seat to keep dinner warm on the drive home.

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have done this too🤩

I have never thought of that!   Great idea.  If I remember right, the back seats are heated too so when we are both out, we can use the back.  😂. I have been using it more as a heating pad.  Feels good on the back.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think I just got my answer.  I saw the the above breakdown and started to share with Sharon so she paused the tv.  I read to her where each quarter sail was going and how long it would be.  Then I asked her which one sound the best.  She smiled at me then unpaused the tv.   😂 I don’t think she is ready to be away from grandkids that long.  Maybe 3 weeks but 3 months is a no go.  
This is going to be a great cruise.  I hope you choose to share it with us!  

We really want to do the first leg, and was trying to book it when the announcement came out...then found out can't do so until December.   Though I really don't think anything will be left to book by then.  

Drats.  😕

Not interested in the 2nd leg (pretty much doing identical thing on Radiance early 2023)...and not interested in legs 3 and 4.   

But no worries...there are plenty of other cruise lines out there, doing close to that first leg itinerary.  Always fun to research.  🙂 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Royal Up😉

But seriously, the OV is the old Family OV.

It should work nicely as a place to hang out on sea days. Besides, we really don't use balcony that much. Big window will suffice

FYI, overnight in Ashdod😁

May 23/24, 2024

If I was physically healthy I would be very tempted to do that cruise.My youngest daughters and her husband have traveled all over the world .

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Working an offer right now. should hear something tomorrow

Good luck John!   Still a sellers market going on yet?   

Have not been following home/condo sales in Florida for awhile.  Have given up on 2nd home in Maine until the feeding frenzy lets up.  😮 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, if I lived in Florida I would probably only use the heat sometimes, too. But up here the heat gets a workout.😊

Our A/C in the house gets a good solid workout most of the year.  😉  $$$$$$$$$

And it's almost always on in the vehicles...  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Well, surgery postponed till tomorrow!

I was given a choice, stay at the hospital since I was already prepped, or go back tomorrow morning. I opted to come home, so I could be comfortable. 
Liquid diet today, and start over tomorrow. 
The reason? This makes me look dumb, but no one mentioned bowel cleansing, and I never thought of it. 
It was the failure of my surgeon’s office staff. Big apologies and he’s going to operate on his normal office day. 

Mimi, I hate that for you.  Hope you can relax and enjoy the day.  Thankful you didn’t have to spend the night.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Mike has one on order and it was supposed to come in at the end of October and was then changed to the end of November. I'm wondering if it won't be delayed again.

When did Mike put the order in?   We are assuming it will be months before Bucky sees one, once he finally commits to getting one.  

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We did 2 overnight cruises to Bermuda, one cruise had overnight in Cozumel to bypass a hurricane near Grand Cayman.  Staying overnight was wonderful.  No rushing back to the ship. 

Where does the ship depart from?

We did several cruises that had overnights.Three Bermuda cruises that had as many as 4 overnights.

Our cruise to NE/Canada had an overnight in Quebec City.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

We fly also. When arriving at out destination air port we need a car to get around.😁Cruising is our only trips we don't get a rental car.

Hey...Taxi please!!  😉  

Those are the best trips!  😄  No driving at all.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

We really want to do the first leg, and was trying to book it when the announcement came out...then found out can't do so until December.   Though I really don't think anything will be left to book by then.  

Drats.  😕

Not interested in the 2nd leg (pretty much doing identical thing on Radiance early 2023)...and not interested in legs 3 and 4.   

But no worries...there are plenty of other cruise lines out there, doing close to that first leg itinerary.  Always fun to research.  🙂 

We have been wanting  to try a TA.  I am hoping the hoops you have to jump through to travel overseas are gone soon.  We thought doing a TA on the way back would be a great way to adjust back to the time differences.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wow! That's pretty cool. My plan for that trip is to fly in and out of Calgary and do the rest myself. I'm figuring about 11-12 days (I don't think I need a full 2 weeks), probably early September being that I read many of the park amenities (including lodging) starts to close up later in the month. It won't happen next year or the year after though since I already have trips booked that would interfere with that general timeframe. What's driving me crazy is the uncertainty of whatever Viking is going to allegedly still offer those who were on the (nearly) ill-fated Northern Lights cruise back in March of '19. It was a really nice complimentary inaugural sailing on the Venus - scheduled for January of '21 - but then it never happened. 

The highlight of that trip for me was walking on a glacier.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Reading all this about the world cruise, I have to tell this story.

A couple at our church have been on three world cruises.  World cruises tend to skew to the older age groups who can afford the extended time away from home.  They told us about a couple at their dining table doing their bucket list world crui

I never really thought about people passing away on a cruise, other than the occasional jumpers.  But I understand every ship has a morgue that typically holds 3 to 6.

We all have to go sometimes...that would be the perfect way for me.  Doing what we love.  

• Like 3