Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

I have the album "Wildflowers" by Judy. Great stuff also.  "I've looked at love from both sides now..." and yet this was written by Joni Mitchell. 

Many of Judy's hits were written by someone else. Makes no difference as she had, and still has, a great voice. I can't believe she is now in her 80's.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Styx. Love the song. Often times it was played in an abridged version. I like the full version much better.

One of my first concerts. The very first was Seals and Croft.  Soft rock introduction to my later concerts which would probably get booed. 😀 Judas Priest/Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Rush,  can't remember the others, probably due to the severe fog inside the building.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am totally unaware of most of the music listed by some of you posters.  Just give me a little Carol King, Billy Joel, Elton John, Neil Diamond, Barbra, Josh Groban,  Phil Collins, Journey and I am a happy camper. Probably left out a bunch more.  I know most in here will puke if I mention the BeeGees and eeek Barry Manilow.  Don't judge.  Their music makes me Feel!

I once you tubed a Barry M  concert with him singing Weekend in New England, my favorite Manilow song.  Very very close up showed tears streaming down his face.  So for a long time I thought, wow this guy is singing his heart out.  Then I watched again and when I looked closely

those tears streaming down his face was sweat pouring down his forehead.  Could have been both?  Unavailable on you tube now.

Carole King ,aka Carole Klein I agree is very talented.I remember her when she lived in Brooklyn.I have several Billy Joel LP’s.Neil Diamond who I also remember from Brooklyn I agree has talent.I listen to and have Josh Groban CD’s.I like early Bee Gees .Phil Collins I liked till he made some remarks that were disgusting to me.You can Google that if you wish.

Barbra I have a relationship with and in my opinion is one of the all time great singers of all time.Journey I would not turn off if I heard them on the radio.Toby grew up in Williamsburg when Barry Manilow lived there .He lived on the same block as one of my relatives.However,I never cared for his singing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently 48°F and cloudy.

I was out this morning calling on a long time customer.

Pauline has booked her Covid19 booster for December 13th 6 months after her second vaccine jab.

I had my Pfizer booster on Saturday and felt groggy and had a headache all day Sunday.

I am at hospital tomorrow pm about my BCC.

I was a record sales rep for 3 years from 1980 with EMI records.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

I had the booster yesterday and my arm is sore.The previous shots had horrific side effects for me.

As I posted previously I reviewed records for Warner Brothers in the 1970’s and notarized music contracts from 1988 to 1994 .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Definitely a wow.  So full of energy!  I can still see them walking out on stage most with a bottle of wine.  Carlos Santana is one of the best guitarist.  I really became a fan after that concert.

Carlos Santana is great,I agree.There is nothing like a live Santana concert .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

What about our girl Janis????  OMG!  My daughters grew up listening to her, among so many others!

My Woodstock album brings me right back....

Oh, yes!!!

Janis was in a world of her own.Check our Melissa League on You Tube .She is a combination of Grace Slick and Janis Joplin.I have had the opportunity to see her many times as she is in a part with my friend Elliot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Never been a huge Billy Joel fan but really like the early Elton John...especially "Elton John"and "Tumbleweed Connection".  "Come down in time" especially.  He and Taupin...another magical combination of music and lyrics. 

OK...I guess this music reminiscence has run its course now!

I have never been a fan of Elton John.Many years ago before he came out he went on a date with my cousin Eileen.

• Like 1

My last music post.In 1957 on nearly every Brooklyn street corner there were guys and gals singing in the streets.I formed a group with 3 other guys.We went to a recording studio in Manhattan where each person paid $5 to have the opportunity to record a song.If there was a thought that the record might sell you could get as much as $25.00 a person and the possibility of a recording contract.Two of the guys in my group did not show up.As we were singing the song I blurted out when will they start recording and that appeared on our record which I now own.Only Toby and my children have ever heard the record.

In 1980 I took one of my daughters to her first concert to see the group 

Once Again,a no hit wonder .

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sheal said:

Full disclosure.  I was trying to save this video for later but when I attempted to respond to the below items it reappeared.  No option to cut so I'm leaving it. 

LOL.  Back in 2004 my sister and I were in Florida to help my mother move into her latest home.  The trip started off with us sitting in the Tampa airport garage sucking in exhaust fumes (she refused to get a cell phone) waiting an hour for her to pick us up.  Needless to say, we were exhausted just getting there.  The following morning she comes in and says "we need to go to Walmart, a hurricane is coming".  Good Grief!  The good news was that the house was built to battle cat 5 hurricane.  Perfect.  Well, the hurricane came (cat 4) during the night and being a light sleeper I spent the night listening to the winds which reminded me how tornadoes seem to crop up during these storms.  I ended up moving from the bed, to down sleeping on the to the floor between the twin beds.  My sister slept soundly up on her bed.  Eventually, that wasn't safe enough in my mind, I then dragged the twin mattress to the hallway.  Only place in the house with no windows except the bathroom but it wasn't big enough for me and my mattress.  DS found me in the hall the next morning wanting to know why I left her in the bedroom.  I didn't want to worry her was my answer. And to top it off, I was on the bed closest to the window.  I managed to drag the mattress off the bed, past her (tight corner between her bed and wall) and get said mattress into the hall.  How could I wake her from this incredible sleep?  It almost seemed selfish to inflict my paranoia on her. 

Guess I need to brush up on my tornado survival skills, I was sleeping on top, not under.

Indeed we rode out one really bad hurricane some years ago that came in the middle of the day...sitting in the hallway for same reason.  No windows.  Had light from skylight in hall bathroom, and played Monopoly for hours.  With drinks in hand of course.  😄 Lost power for almost 2 weeks on that one...but we and the house survived.  😉 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

🤞 🙏

@Luckynana

How was Jim's physical yesterday?

@jagsfan

Hopefully you're home and cruise critic doesn't let you post. Warmest wishes of full recovery 🌷

Jim and I both had our physical.  Thank you for asking!  We both did well.😊 Jim sees the knee surgeon this coming Friday;  he's doing well with his knee!  He's been driving all around town and has been going up and down the stairs fairly well.  He's still going to physical therapy 3 times a week.  

Hoping all is well with Mimi!!!!

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been to several Judy Collins concerts and many Joan Baez concerts.I believe she was born in Staten Island.

Lenny,  yes, Joan Baez was born on Staten Island.😉😉

57 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are so glad it is started.  It’s hard to get a contractor these days.  Everyone is so booked out.  The plan is to expand it.  We are going to add a screened in 12x12 deck to the left. To have it lined up we are extending the current deck 4 feet and leaving it open so we can still grill.  We will be so thankful for a screened in area.  The mosquitoes can get bad.  They are also going to add screen under the screened deck so mosquitoes can’t sneak in from below deck.

It sounds like your family will be spending lots of wonderful time outside.  Screened in decks make for a much more comfortable experience!

52 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@jagsfan  We miss you.  Hope all is well.  Looking forward to seeing you back soon. 💐 

Mimi, we really do miss you!  Praying you are getting stronger and stronger!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed we rode out one really bad hurricane some years ago that came in the middle of the day...sitting in the hallway for same reason.  No windows.  Had light from skylight in hall bathroom, and played Monopoly for hours.  With drinks in hand of course.  😄 Lost power for almost 2 weeks on that one...but we and the house survived.  😉 

Pat, was that about 17 years ago??  Our daughter Melanie and her husband lived in Indialantic when they got hit with two hurricanes.  Their living room faced the beach, and the big window broke, leaving shards of glass all over their furniture.  They were without electricity for 2 weeks;  luckily, they were able to drive to our Condo in Naples and stayed there until electric was restored.  Then, another hurricane hit.  I told her it was time to come back up North.  She'd left her job at the Radio station as the Morning Girl, came back to NY, and was hired at Fox News Radio in NYC.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Pat, was that about 17 years ago??  Our daughter Melanie and her husband lived in Indialantic when they got hit with two hurricanes.  Their living room faced the beach, and the big window broke, leaving shards of glass all over their furniture.  They were without electricity for 2 weeks;  luckily, they were able to drive to our Condo in Naples and stayed there until electric was restored.  Then, another hurricane hit.  I told her it was time to come back up North.  She'd left her job at the Radio station as the Morning Girl, came back to NY, and was hired at Fox News Radio in NYC.  

Yes, that was the year of the double hurricanes...I think only a week or so apart.   My sister had moved down to Florida just a few months before.  She lives near Vero Beach.  They were pretty much ground zero for both hurricanes!  😮  She evacuated to spend the time out with us on Merritt Island, just outside of Port Canaveral.  She had a lot of damage. 

Poor sister...welcome to Florida.  😞 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for the suggestion..  We found that We can fill out papers online and they will send the car license in the mail.  Thanks.  We will still need to go in to the county courthouse to assess and pay sales tax.

Last time we renewed our DL we were able to go with a 10 year option where we will renew after 10 years instead of every 4 years.  Not sure if it had to do with getting a travel license.

Ours is 10 years as well....like the passports.  😉 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Styx! I was an exchange student in Australia when  Come Sail Away was popular and my favorite. My mom would send me cassette tapes recording all of the news and gossip from home and would start each cassette with this song. Today would have been her 83 birthday. Thanks for the memory!

Hold onto those sweet memories!

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I have the album "Wildflowers" by Judy. Great stuff also.  "I've looked at love from both sides now..." and yet this was written by Joni Mitchell. 

I could listen to Judy Collins for hours.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Carole King ,aka Carole Klein I agree is very talented.I remember her when she lived in Brooklyn.I have several Billy Joel LP’s.Neil Diamond who I also remember from Brooklyn I agree has talent.I listen to and have Josh Groban CD’s.I like early Bee Gees .Phil Collins I liked till he made some remarks that were disgusting to me.You can Google that if you wish.

Barbra I have a relationship with and in my opinion is one of the all time great singers of all time.Journey I would not turn off if I heard them on the radio.Toby grew up in Williamsburg when Barry Manilow lived there .He lived on the same block as one of my relatives.However,I never cared for his singing.

We lived in Williamsburg, South 2nd St.,  until I was 2 when we moved to Manhattan or as my mother called it "New York".  It later became known as 'the city".

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Thanks. What is this...about the 4th or 5th round of music rehashing?

Dani is very tolerant. 

Apparently it's a very popular topic like sports, pets, grandkids, medical issues, food, when we were young, etc., etc. It's all good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just started thinking about our very popular long running thread...once again thank you Dani.  🙂 

But now realize the title probably does not apply much any longer.  

Most of us are not on lockdown any longer...which is a good thing...and happy to see that so many of us are out and about now.   Many of us either on a cruise or waiting to get on one.  Along with various other land trips.  

We are leaving again this weekend for a week near Orlando to spend with my sister and Bro in law for the Thanksgiving week.  Then have one day home to unpack and repack for our 2 week cruise on Harmony on the 28th.  As long as all goes well, we really ramp up the cruise time from then on.  

Not sure how often I will be able to check in with these trips we have planned, and seems if I miss a day or two...I am already behind on 10 pages or more! 😮

Will still try to pop in when I can though.  🙂  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hold onto those sweet memories!

I could listen to Judy Collins for hours.

We lived in Williamsburg, South 2nd St.,  until I was 2 when we moved to Manhattan or as my mother called it "New York".  It later became known as 'the city".

Toby lived on Lee and Rodney till she was 12 when her parents decided to move to Coney Island birthplace of Arlo Guthrie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I tried to get appointments in our neighborhood pharmacy and was unsuccessful.  I then tried to make an appointment for my Shingrix shot and couldn't even access that on the CVS site.  So frustrating!!!  I just might wait until I get to Florida for both shots.

Graham, best of luck for your procedure tomorrow.❤️

That's a really nice size deck.  You and Sharon must be thrilled that the job has begun..especially before nasty weather begins!😉

Thank you for your good wishes.

Graham.

• Like 1