Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Dan is going to the Green Bay Packer game Christmas Day.  He WAS a HUGE Packer's fan and a friend that is heading up there for the game has graciously offered to spread a bit of Dan at Lambeau Field.  How cool is that!!

Very cool!❤️

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes

Nice!❤️

How are you doing? 

• Like 1

In 2004 Fl had quite a few hurricanes and squirrel nests were knocked out of the trees. Our local squirrel rescue put an ad in the paper asking for volunteers because there were so many. When we went to her house she had aquariums and cages filled with orphaned squirrels along with other animals. I took 4 tiny pink, hairless, eyes still closed babies. They had to be fed every two hours with an eyedropper.  As they grew they became very fun and playful until they were tired of us! Three were released onto a 10 acre property while the 4th one was blind and would live his life in captivity. 

• Like 5

I have been busy cleaning and shopping since getting home from our cruise because all 3 kids are coming home. Maybe. Our daughter, a nurse in Chicago, spent the weekend with a friend that didn't know she was exposed to covid. The friend tested neg on Sat and then positive yesterday at the airport on her way home to Hawaii. My daughter tested neg yesterday but needs to test again before she can even consider flying to FL. No home tests or appointments where she is so my Publix has a shipment coming in at 3 and I will overnight it to her. It can't cost more than when I shipped toilet paper last year, right?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The drive to Carambola Beach Club is gorgeous as you go up "Timothy Hill." You can see the Atlantic ocean on one side and the Caribbean on the other side.

1030137516_ATLANTICANDCARIBBEAN.thumb.jpg.6e0c96afb26759a5b1780fb87c9fc4ad.jpg

The beach was really nice. Not rocky in the water either just sand.

1382344557_CARAMBOLABEACH2.thumb.jpg.383d633bcf79c4f35737b5236afca8de.jpg

1210468941_CARAMBOLABEACH3.thumb.jpg.f401a1c8a5b195bf71387af8dfe4b8a4.jpg

175132421_CARAMBOLABEACH4.thumb.jpg.625413ef5dea97b31026d82771fd9fee.jpg

Had the best drink there too. A "Dirty Banana." Rum, Coffee Liqueur, Creme de Banana and Fresh Bananas. Very tasty.

CARAMBOLA BEACH CLUB.jpg

TIMOTHY HILL ATLANTIC SIDE.jpg

Thank you for sharing your photos.     Exactly as I remember, Beautiful!     Love this area.    

There is also a nice area to the right of the beach club to snorkel with a cave too.   

I am not sure if they are allowing right now but is about a 10 or 15 minute walk to the Shipwreck.

bar.

Our last time there Jan 2020 we had a very nice woman taxi driver take us there.    She told us a lot of history of the island.   I always like getting the flavor from the locals.    Her Son is a police officer on the island and she told lots of funny stories too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Dan is going to the Green Bay Packer game Christmas Day.  He WAS a HUGE Packer's fan and a friend that is heading up there for the game has graciously offered to spread a bit of Dan at Lambeau Field.  How cool is that!!

What a loving friend to make that offer,

Dan is going to be smiling that day!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow!    That is really cool and very nice of your friend to do this.     Hopefully the Packers will Win that game too!

• Like 2

Yes

We did that for my friend’s sister. 
we waited till we were docked in Nassau and the ship was fairly empty. 
There were four or five of us and Nancy Sue’s ashes. 
We went all the way aft, looked around, nobody was watching, beautiful blue sky, perfect!

We said a couple of prayers and told Nancy Sue we loved her, and her sister leaned out and scattered the ashes. 
Unfortunately, a gust of wind came from nowhere, and blew the ashes straight back. 
Our faces, hair and arms were covered, and the deck. 
It was a solemn moment, and we wanted to be respectful, but we couldn’t help jumping around and brushing Nancy Sue off. 
I hope she was laughing her head off!

Scattering ashes requires some forethought, which we thought we did!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not sure if they are allowing right now but is about a 10 or 15 minute walk to the Shipwreck.

bar.

They were not allowing it when we were there in November which was too bad because I've always wanted to got there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We went all the way aft, looked around, nobody was watching, beautiful blue sky, perfect!

We said a couple of prayers and told Nancy Sue we loved her, and her sister leaned out and scattered the ashes. 
Unfortunately, a gust of wind came from nowhere, and blew the ashes straight back. 
It was a solemn moment, and we wanted to be respectful, but we couldn’t help jumping around and brushing Nancy Sue off. 

I'm only going to bring a small vial.  And I have heard and witnessed more stories like yours than successful ones

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I wouldn’t mind going that way, there is a funny scene in the movie the big Lebowski about that. A friend of ours past that loved beer and Hawaii they put his ashes in beer cans and took them to Hawaii.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

28 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm only going to bring a small vial.  And I have heard and witnessed more stories like yours than successful ones

I remember reading about spreading ashes in one of Trainman2 posts [his 1st wife, Carol].

He said something along the lines that "you have to ask about it at the bridge, and they will advise you about winds directions, and when it is 'safe' to do it, without risking the ashes blowing back on you".

@George C

Beyond looks like it will be an amazing ship.

Sue ( @sgmn) and I are also booked, but in Europe, and sure enough, also hoping to meet Captain Kate.... How do u know for sure she'll be on your sailing?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

I have been busy cleaning and shopping since getting home from our cruise because all 3 kids are coming home. Maybe. Our daughter, a nurse in Chicago, spent the weekend with a friend that didn't know she was exposed to covid. The friend tested neg on Sat and then positive yesterday at the airport on her way home to Hawaii. My daughter tested neg yesterday but needs to test again before she can even consider flying to FL. No home tests or appointments where she is so my Publix has a shipment coming in at 3 and I will overnight it to her. It can't cost more than when I shipped toilet paper last year, right?

Ugghh!     Hopefully she will be able to be with you for Christmas.   

Shame she isn't able to get a test done on her own since she is a Nurse.     

Testing is a serious problem right now for many parts of the country.     

Last Thursday we scheduled covid tests for this Thursday at Walgreens since we will be spending Christmas with an elderly woman that lives in an assisted living facility and we want to make sure we will be safe to be with her.    

Out of curiousity I checked Walgreens site today and the 0 appointments available for next 7 days and CVS first available opening near me is Jan 3rd.     

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I saw someone at the beach one day trying to scatter ashes by walking into the ocean and emptying the container.     They were covered in ash and stood there crying away.    I felt horrible for her and her family that stood back watching. 

This past summer we took Eric's Father that had passed away several years ago to a dock near Viking Village that was rather private during sunset that particular night and Eric gently took the package and opened up and dumped ashes into the bay.     All went well since there was no wind and bay water was very calm.   He's Father loved the fishing village and not far from Barnegat Lighthouse.    His Father had made this request to Eric before passing but his Mother wouldn't let go of the ashes for the last 10 years.     Eric decided it was time and did it without her knowing beforehand.     

• Like 6