Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, George C said:

Flying first class , like cruising in suites is the only way to go ( depending on budget ) once you do it you don’t want to go back, I will sacrifice other things, I don’t care if my car is 12 years old, don’t need to buy new clothes often , but we splurge on vacations. 

My Dad has travelled extensively around the world.  I’ve mentioned previously that he flew solo in his 80s to Germany.  He decided that at 80, he deserved a bit of pampering.  He wouldn’t fork out for first class but he loved flying business class for the first time ever.

Suites & first class flying sounds bliss.  I like your style.

• Like 3

Today’s walk was Cremorne Point to Taronga Zoo.  Caught the ferry from Circular Quay and disembarked at Cremorne Point Wharf and walked all around the harbour’s edge, past the tranquil Sirius Cove and did a detour to Whiting Beach and finally arrived at Taronga Zoo Wharf.  Bit muddy underfoot in places as expected but such a nice walk. It’s part of the Bondi to Manly walk which DH plans to do at some point.

0D34D086-E2A8-40D0-85CE-89D1EBD393D9.jpeg

44235821-AA4D-4BC7-9952-E96F69597E7F.jpeg

874B5ECD-1970-4107-B867-E888E2E9193D.jpeg

350C5B8A-5BE4-42B0-81D6-AE257DF48C0D.jpeg

556F0E85-6623-4C50-8A1F-5DAD953B6054.jpeg

71A5FBE5-9B79-4BB4-BB44-7CB31C405497.jpeg

• Like 12

When we arrived at Taronga Zoo Wharf, we thought what the heck, we are here we might as well visit Taronga Zoo.  Haven’t been for ages but my fave things at the zoo
are usually the views of Sydney Harbour, the sky safari and the free flight bird show with its awesome views of Sydney Harbour.  Today I will add seeing the delight a little boy got in feeding carrots to the giraffes, seeing the Echidnas eating and the red-tailed black cockatoos and the lack of crowds.

D0F1480A-748C-4FBC-954C-0449C6996EEC.jpeg

1AABB4B1-7948-4BFA-9ECE-D04685261A8A.jpeg

C7000262-AAB5-423E-82E1-B4E5A8E8F70E.jpeg

0F00C565-015C-4651-A5DC-EEA2A2710D50.jpeg

B1D5AEBA-D6EE-40D4-B50D-37C9331E6F60.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

That looks lovely! We took the train and bus out to Featherdale Wildlife Park because I wanted to get close your unique animals. :classic_smile: A petting zoo with kangaroos, wallabies and koalas...it doesn't get much better than that for us! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

First one is view from Sky Safari, Second is view from Free Flight Bird Show site, remaining photos are from the bay next to Taronga Zoo Wharf.  Lots of pleasure craft on the water, no doubt celebrating Mardi Gras as were the large group of zoo staff heading to Taronga Zoo ferry with us, after we exited the zoo.  Sun was out on the ferry trip back  to Circular Quay. Sat upstairs outdoors and it was glorious. 

A861E798-DF9B-4720-B961-0EDC857125F8.jpeg

DB8CD22D-0112-48A8-A515-A70FA27CB0B0.jpeg

03C74F85-22F8-4106-9836-67DD70CE8979.jpeg

CCBA3A3D-D481-4ADC-9DA0-7F5B20F82DC2.jpeg

BE3E7165-C234-4EFA-A7A5-CF83A061B9BF.jpeg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

That looks lovely! We took the train and bus out to Featherdale Wildlife Park because I wanted to get close your unique animals. :classic_smile: A petting zoo with kangaroos, wallabies and koalas...it doesn't get much better than that for us! :classic_biggrin:

Great choice.  We’ve not been because it’s a trek to get to from the city but it’s great for getting up close & personal with Aussie animals as you enjoyed.  I’ve talked the “kids” into going in a couple weekends time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

First one is view from Sky Safari, Second is view from Free Flight Bird Show site, remaining photos are from the bay next to Taronga Zoo Wharf.  Lots of pleasure craft on the water, no doubt celebrating Mardi Gras as were the large group of zoo staff heading to Taronga Zoo ferry with us, after we exited the zoo.  Sun was out on the ferry trip back  to Circular Quay. Sat upstairs outdoors and it was glorious. 

A861E798-DF9B-4720-B961-0EDC857125F8.jpeg

DB8CD22D-0112-48A8-A515-A70FA27CB0B0.jpeg

03C74F85-22F8-4106-9836-67DD70CE8979.jpeg

CCBA3A3D-D481-4ADC-9DA0-7F5B20F82DC2.jpeg

BE3E7165-C234-4EFA-A7A5-CF83A061B9BF.jpeg

Thank you for all the lovely photos you have posted recently.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Great choice.  We’ve not been because it’s a trek to get to from the city but it’s great for getting up close & personal with Aussie animals as you enjoyed.  I’ve talked the “kids” into going in a couple weekends time.

We had so much fun at Featherdale. It was well worth the time. The animals are so unique and different in Australia. Our petting zoos just have goats. :classic_rolleyes: The last photo is of a Tasmanian Devil. And they really do run around in circles all day, when they are enclosed! I was totally amazed that there was a basis for the <very> old cartoons. :classic_biggrin:

Australia Cruise 089.JPG

Australia Cruise 098.JPG

Australia Cruise 100.JPG

Edited by Coralc
I don't know how to space them out either, when you do them on the computer
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We had so much fun at Featherdale. It was well worth the time. The animals are so unique and different in Australia. Our petting zoos just have goats. :classic_rolleyes:

Australia Cruise 089.JPG

Australia Cruise 098.JPG

Australia Cruise 100.JPG

Nice to see the Wallabies & Tassie Devil in your photos.  Glad you had fun.  It’s great when you can get up close with animals that are unique to you.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Pat,

If, after "choosing files", you "drag" them, you can create some "empty spaces" (aka "returns") before hand, and place them between the empty spaces, thus creating one "return" between them.

If you "choose", the process [at least "my way"] is lengthy .... you post all the pics, hit "submit", then, after posting, choose "edit", cut every pic, insert space, paste [again].

"Rinse and repeat".

I was "told" of another, easier way, but couldn't manage it.... 😢😢😢

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pat,

If, after "choosing files", you "drag" them, you can create some "empty spaces" (aka "returns") before hand, and place them between the empty spaces, thus creating one "return" between them.

If you "choose", the process [at least "my way"] is lengthy .... you post all the pics, hit "submit", then, after posting, choose "edit", cut every pic, insert space, paste [again].

"Rinse and repeat".

Sorry Dani, I still can’t do this.  I tried with the zoo post and ended up with the koala in the middle of the text which was even worse.  I post everything from my phone which probably  doesn’t help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

We (or at least me) find the pouch thing amazing. We only have one marsupial, our less attractive than yours Opossum. And the babies aren't nearly as cute, either. :classic_smile:

Last Sunday, DH discovered a baby possum at the very back of the awning over our front door, tucked under the eaves.  DH was concerned it was unwell and worried because it was separated from its mum. He couldn’t reach it.  Contacted our local wildlife rescue org.  After multiple phone calls on the Monday, it was decided the baby was seeking shelter from the relentless rain and would eventually move out of its own accord when it got hungry.  Thankfully that is what happened and we haven’t seen it since.  Hoping it’s safe & well somewhere.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pat,

Thanks Dani. I don't usually post multiple photos. But if I do again (they were all just so cute) I will try separating them manually before I hit submit. Probably the kitchen photos (if it ever gets done) will be like that. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

When we arrived at Taronga Zoo Wharf, we thought what the heck, we are here we might as well visit Taronga Zoo.  Haven’t been for ages but my fave things at the zoo
are usually the views of Sydney Harbour, the sky safari and the free flight bird show with its awesome views of Sydney Harbour.  Today I will add seeing the delight a little boy got in feeding carrots to the giraffes, seeing the Echidnas eating and the red-tailed black cockatoos and the lack of crowds.

D0F1480A-748C-4FBC-954C-0449C6996EEC.jpeg

1AABB4B1-7948-4BFA-9ECE-D04685261A8A.jpeg

C7000262-AAB5-423E-82E1-B4E5A8E8F70E.jpeg

0F00C565-015C-4651-A5DC-EEA2A2710D50.jpeg

B1D5AEBA-D6EE-40D4-B50D-37C9331E6F60.jpeg

When I got to hold a koala, I was amazed at how his fur felt like a plush stuffed animal. I can’t think of another animal that felt like that. 
I’m glad the rain held off. Maybe it has stopped and everything can dry out. 

• Like 1

Good morning from Florida and boarding day.  Since I had a couple requests for posting from Allure, I started a new thread.  I hope to see some of you there to check it out, when you get the glare of the shiny new toy (Wonder) out of your eyes.  Here is a link.

Have a great day.  I know I will.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

When I got to hold a koala, I was amazed at how his fur felt like a plush stuffed animal. I can’t think of another animal that felt like that. 
I’m glad the rain held off. Maybe it has stopped and everything can dry out. 

How lovely that you got to hold a koala.  Plans to dry washing & mow lawn tomorrow have just been out on the back burner….

E7A4CE44-6ECB-4849-BD91-08A87510E470.png

@DaniDanielle Dani, I saw a couple of your posts but don't know if I missed any. Playing catch up on this thread is not easy.

It is not unusual for pneumonia to cause arm pain especially if the upper lobe of the lung is involved. It can irritate the brachial nerve plexus causing arm pain. If you remember, I was somewhat questioning the talk about surgery when you mentioned that. Anyway, it is not for me to second guess what the doctors are seeing when I'm a long way from the bedside on a cell phone. I was just wondering how things are going and if Charlie is being discharged?

I hope you are holding up ok.

• Like 12

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My first name on the ticket was Mimi…my passport, drivers license, checking account, everything legal, is Mary-Elizabeth. 

I will always call you Mimi but Mary Elizabeth is a very beautiful name.

11 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I remember when I retired early so many people told me, I would get bored.

Nada

Wrong

When I retired a lot of people said the same thing. Oh you will get bored. After spending the last 3 weeks in bed and on the couch watching tv I can honestly say I’ve never been bored. I love my retirement.

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks, My actual birth time is at 11:57pm...............so hold that drink another 27 minutes 🙂  if you can, or grab another drink by then.

Happiest of Birthdays wished to you. I would toast to you with a drink but since I can’t due to being on pain meds I will take a Oxycodone in your honor. Cheers to you!

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Good morning from Florida and boarding day.  Since I had a couple requests for posting from Allure, I started a new thread.  I hope to see some of you there to check it out, when you get the glare of the shiny new toy (Wonder) out of your eyes.  Here is a link.

Have a great day.  I know I will.

I will follow! Have a great cruise. Drink one for me! Cheers Mark!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

@DaniDanielle Dani, I saw a couple of your posts but don't know if I missed any. Playing catch up on this thread is not easy.

It is not unusual for pneumonia to cause arm pain especially if the upper lobe of the lung is involved. It can irritate the brachial nerve plexus causing arm pain. If you remember, I was somewhat questioning the talk about surgery when you mentioned that. Anyway, it is not for me to second guess what the doctors are seeing when I'm a long way from the bedside on a cell phone. I was just wondering how things are going and if Charlie is being discharged?

I hope you are holding up ok.

I finally spoke to a doctor in the know yesterday.  She said there was no infection in the arm joint, no operation needed.  I think there were too many people reading all the different images and they finally got someone who knew what they were doing.  Hopefully, he will come home today on oral antibiotics.  The arm is so much better and he looks good.  I, on the other hand, don’t know how much more I can handle but we have gotten through worse things.  March 11th will be 19 years since his heart transplant!  Thank you so much for your input, it helps more than you know.

• Like 14

@Sea Dog I forgot to mention, but you may want to get use to traveling with a copy of your x- rays. 

After my parents had their metal parts inserted, the always set off the metal detectors at the airport.  They found it handy to have a copy. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Pat,

"Rinse and repeat".

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sorry Dani, I still can’t do this.  I tried with the zoo post and ended up with the koala in the middle of the text which was even worse.  I post everything from my phone which probably  doesn’t help.

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Benny Brun on the Live Inaugural Wonder was trying to figure it out also.  I tried to help him and he was successful at it.  So, I'll try to help here:

Let's say there are 4 pictures you want to post.  You click on "choose files" and select those 4 photos.  Now you have those 4 photos and ready to post.  You click the first photo.  It pops up in the post.  Before you click on the second photo, hit the "return" key two times.  This creates a space for you.  Now you click on the second photo and that photo pops up in the post.  Hit the return key twice again and click on the third photo and so on.  You just have to remember to hit the return key twice to create the space.  You can type in a text in between those pictures if you like.  Hope that helps. 

This is for iPhone or iMac.  @John&LaLa explained it for Android.  Remember, "Return" key (twice) is your friend.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3