Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today is really nice, mostly sunny with current temp of 67.

Pretty much the same forecast here.    Chance of rain Sunday morning then most cloudy with winds up to 20 mph and temps in low 50's.      

Tradition has always been our son Chris goes to the garden center with me to buy my annuals and then helps me plant the flowers in various planters then BBQ dinner.   Not sure that will happen this year but will wait until Sunday and see what the actual weather is.   Hoping the weatherman is wrong!

We usually celebrate Mother’s Day at the house of my daughter who lives nearby but the past two years we celebrated Mother’s Day,Fathers Day and my birthday on my deck.
I was outside an hour ago to take the second Covid booster.It was 70 degrees.It felt so good to be in warm weather.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, clochette said:

5 day Adventure out of Cape Liberty to Canada, should be an interesting cruise, stops in Bar Harbor and Halifax.

We went to Bar Harbor and Halifax by car in 1976 and by ship in 2013,two of my favorite places.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I might be in the minority,  but I love jury duty.  I relish the chance to throw bad guys in jail & dismiss frivolous law suits. 😁

I done both but haven't served in over 30 years. I get excited when I get the notice in the mail but I always get dismissed when I call in the night before to see if I'm needed that week. 🤨

I served on jury duty in the old days when there was no such thing as calling to see if you had to report.I loved being on juries but I was also a workaholic and that was always a conflict.I met a lot of interesting people who were jurors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Usually, if you answer the questionnaire that way, you will get excused. 

Was only ever called once, and was excused because I knew the arresting officer and the prosecuting attorney. 

I never got excused even though many of my friends were police officers and 2 were judges.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I used to get mad when I saw gas with a price that started with a 3.   Now I get excited. 

9783271C-2157-401C-8325-044E7321C18E.thumb.jpeg.1a05cb64b8cd4ff96512c3bb00a30fb9.jpeg

Thank you Ohio!

That price of $3.95 would be high here.  Prices has gone up to $3.82 in our county which is higher than most places in Arkansas.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was picked once for a case and after the opening speeches by each lawyer were made we broke for lunch and when we returned we were told the case had settled and we were dismissed.    I ended up being in the elevator with the defendant and his attorney and they were very happy with the settlement.      I was bummed as I was really interested in the case and the process. 

I posted this before.I was a juror on a trial.We found the defendant guilty.It was a criminal trial.The next day I returned to work and was coming up subway stairs when a guy was walking down.It was the guy we convicted.

He should not have been on bail ,in my opinion.As soon as I arrived at my office I called the court and found out that the guy was able to be on bail because his mother was a Judge’s secretary.

• Like 3

5 day Adventure out of Cape Liberty to Canada, should be an interesting cruise, stops in Bar Harbor and Halifax.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We'll be on Adventure Sept. 29th out of Cape Liberty for NE/Canada cruise!

Have a great time on your cruise!

we are on the May 26 cruise, 3 more weeks.  looking forward to it.  We were booked on the Empress in August 2020, which of course did not happen.

Doing a B2B on Caribbean Princess starting May 28 with stops in St. Thomas & St. Kitts on the 1st leg then San Juan, Turks & Caicos and the Dominican Republic for the 2nd leg.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Happy Cinco de mayo birthday to Owen,

He seems to be having a good day at school. He has soccer practice after school and baseball practice after dinner and gifts at home. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So lookie what I found today. 
And I’m supposed to be there when we are on The Allure. 
Darn-it. 
Shhhhhhh. Do not tell the DH. 
It is definitely not junk mail. 
Time to get deferred. 
Or

I Wonder if they would arrest me in the Caribbean. Not taking any chances. 

1017DFF4-0096-4643-9AB2-E8FBC6525E9A.jpeg

I did that once! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My thinking is that this jury will not award the best player but rather a person who ,well you can figure out what my point is.

I hope that is not the case...

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy birthday to your twins

Thanks Lenny!

I hope you don't get a reaction from your booster today.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

$4.48 here in NY, $4.58 if you pay by credit card. 

One of my cars is a Saab with a turbo engine. It runs fine on regular gas but premium is recommended for maximum performance (power).  With the price of premium hitting $5.38 a gallon, I'll put regular in. While there is a noticeable difference in power, both me and the Saab are too old for drag racing.🙃

It went up to $4.49 here in NJ today.  Up 17 cents overnight.  Enough already!!😩

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

I hope that is not the case...

Thanks Lenny!

I hope you don't get a reaction from your booster today.

It went up to $4.49 here in NJ today.  Up 17 cents overnight.  Enough already!!😩

So far no negative reaction .It’s been 4 hours.Re twins :I have 2 sets of twin great nephews.All four are graduating high school next month and heading off to different colleges

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My Blue Margarita or Margarita Azul!3162C794-5ED4-4D4F-9EE5-433E9C3D8214.thumb.jpeg.9dcf3d87004f564009ec2b640a48b825.jpeg

When I was able to drink I loved Margaritas .One night after work on a May 5th.I went with co-workers to a restaurant.We started off at the bar drinking this festive drink.I was told that I never made it to the meal and crawled out the restaurant.Ode to be young again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

He seems to be having a good day at school. He has soccer practice after school and baseball practice after dinner and gifts at home. 

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN!!!!!!!🎂🎈🎁

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO LISA, ALSO!🌹🌹🌹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sounds like a great birthday. Tell him Sea Dog wishes him a very happy birthday! And happy birthday to Lisa as well. May is good month for birthdays. My brother is a week before mine (9th) and then mine on the 16th.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was so sad when they stopped the Cuban sailings.    Hopefully someday I can cruise there. 

We were booked for an Empress sailing out of Baltimore or NJ for spring 2020.   I cannot remember if it was a Canada or Bermuda sailing but we had booked one of those large ocean view cabins - I think she had 6 or 8 of those cabins.   

We were lucky we decided to do a Cuba cruise in good time. We went with Holland America for the 14 Night Cuba and Western Caribbean cruise. I loved it! The food, the people, the music! We decided we would go again. But that never happened.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Happy birthday Lisa

Happy birthday Owen

Screenshot_20211028_164408.thumb.jpg.422401dacd8e15d4d80b3b0f6452d3b7.jpgbirthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

Edited by grapau27

27 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We were lucky we decided to do a Cuba cruise in good time. We went with Holland America for the 14 Night Cuba and Western Caribbean cruise. I loved it! The food, the people, the music! We decided we would go again. But that never happened.

We love to cruise to Cuba .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN!!!!!!!🎂🎈🎁

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO LISA, ALSO!🌹🌹🌹

+1    Happy Birthday to Everyone.    I hope they are all having a great day!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Eric and I were doing a b2b on Serenade for 22 or 23 nights out of FL in Jan/Feb 2019 and I said let's jump onto Empress and go to Cuba when we get off this ship.     Unfortunately, he didn't jump on my idea and several months later it was shutdown.   😪

I wonder if it will ever open back up.   I sure hope so.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric and I were doing a b2b on Serenade for 22 or 23 nights out of FL in Jan/Feb 2019 and I said let's jump onto Empress and go to Cuba when we get off this ship.     Unfortunately, he didn't jump on my idea and several months later it was shutdown.   😪

I wonder if it will ever open back up.   I sure hope so.

I hope so too. I would love to go again.

Our cruise started and ended in Boston. We drove and parked at the port. Our TA of that cruise was giving OBC, two shore excursions and port parking as perk. We picked them off Cruise Compete.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I hope so too. I would love to go again.

Our cruise started and ended in Boston. We drove and parked at the port. Our TA of that cruise was giving OBC, two shore excursions and port parking as perk. We picked them off Cruise Compete.

Wow that sounds like a terrific deal!    Have you used them for other cruises?

Edited by Sunshine3601