Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My distant cousin's granddaughter Genevieve (baby Ginny) was born prematurely with a heart defect as well as another medical problem 6 months ago and has been living in CHOPs (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) since birth.  Recently, they found out that she has Noroblastoma, and has so far been given two rounds of Chemo.  Ginny is scheduled for her heart surgery tomorrow morning.  Prayers for her successful surgery are most welcome.🙏  

ps...CHOPs is where baby Kennedy was treated.  His mom posted a picture last month.  He is beautiful!

I will be thinking of Ginny and her family with positive hope for a full recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My distant cousin's granddaughter Genevieve (baby Ginny) was born prematurely with a heart defect as well as another medical problem 6 months ago and has been living in CHOPs (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) since birth.  Recently, they found out that she has Noroblastoma, and has so far been given two rounds of Chemo.  Ginny is scheduled for her heart surgery tomorrow morning.  Prayers for her successful surgery are most welcome.🙏  

ps...CHOPs is where baby Kennedy was treated.  His mom posted a picture last month.  He is beautiful!

Hi Maryann,   I hope and prayer for a successful surgery for Baby Ginny and sucess in treating Noroblastoma.      CHOPS is an excellent hospital and so Happy to hear that Baby Kennedy is doing well.     😍🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been reading this thread for awhile now and there has been a lot of things posted in all these pages.

Interesting to read about good things- people enjoying cruises, their gardens, their pets, their grandchildren, enjoying special dinners shard with friends and posting beautiful photos of the places they live and/or have visited.

My heart goes out to those dealing with illnesses ,their own or those of 

loved ones.Wishing those recuperating a good recovery.

My sincere sympathies to Marietta (Dani Danielle) and her family on the recent loss of her dear son-in-law. Hoping that love and faith help his family’s hearts  to heal.

Wishing all who post here a very good day.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

Keeping sweet baby Ginny in my thoughts and prayers for a successful outcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adding my hopes & prayers for a good outcome for this little one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, Jack and I didn't heed the warnings, and now as of today, both of our LG cell phones are not working except for ER calls.  We'll have to get new cell phones and not sure our apps can be transferred.  Jack is now, as we speak, at a 2nd Metro store to see what can be done.  We didn't like the clerk in the first Metro store we went to.  Didn't get good vibes from him.  He gave us absolutely no advice saying "I can't do anything".  I had stuff to do at home and am awaiting for Jack's return to see if he was successful in....getting something accomplished.  AND we just gave up our landline a few days ago since we never used it!!

I sent friends and family an email letting them know that email will be our only means of communication until we get new phones which hopefully will be no later than tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will be thinking of Ginny and her family with positive hope for a full recovery.

Thank you Greg

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Maryann,   I hope and prayer for a successful surgery for Baby Ginny and sucess in treating Noroblastoma.      CHOPS is an excellent hospital and so Happy to hear that Baby Kennedy is doing well.     😍🙏

Thank you so much, Debbie🌹 

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Keeping sweet baby Ginny in my thoughts and prayers for a successful outcome.

Thank you Bonnie. 🌹 Any update on Heela (sp?)

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Adding my hopes & prayers for a good outcome for this little one. 

Thank you, Deb🌹

• Like 1

Grocery shopping today, ugh! Talk about sticker shock.  It seems like the price of every item went up 1-2 dollars since I last shopped a week ago. I don’t know how families do it nowadays, especially after seeing how much my 3 grandsons consumed over the last 5 days and they’re young. I can’t imagine feeding 3 teenage boys. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So, Jack and I didn't heed the warnings, and now as of today, both of our LG cell phones are not working except for ER calls. 

AND we just gave up our landline a few days ago since we never used it!!

Oh no, Bonnie!  I sure hope Jack can get this resolved for both of you...there's got to be something the Metro store can do to help!  I'm sure you're not the first ones that this has happened to!🙄  Best of luck..I hope your apps can transfer painlessly when you do get your new phones.🤞

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Grocery shopping today, ugh! Talk about sticker shock.  It seems like the price of every item went up 1-2 dollars since I last shopped a week ago. I don’t know how families do it nowadays, especially after seeing how much my 3 grandsons consumed over the last 5 days and they’re young. I can’t imagine feeding 3 teenage boys. 

Gas, food, clothing...it's scary...especially for our kids!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm so sorry. Children should not be so sick. Prayers that everything will be as successful as baby Kennedy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So, Jack and I didn't heed the warnings, and now as of today, both of our LG cell phones are not working except for ER calls.  We'll have to get new cell phones and not sure our apps can be transferred.  Jack is now, as we speak, at a 2nd Metro store to see what can be done.  We didn't like the clerk in the first Metro store we went to.  Didn't get good vibes from him.  He gave us absolutely no advice saying "I can't do anything".  I had stuff to do at home and am awaiting for Jack's return to see if he was successful in....getting something accomplished.  AND we just gave up our landline a few days ago since we never used it!!

I sent friends and family an email letting them know that email will be our only means of communication until we get new phones which hopefully will be no later than tomorrow.

Were they 3g phones?     I am sure the Metro store will be able to transfer the bulk of your information/apps, emails, etc. to the new phone.      Hopefully they offer a nice deal for upgrading.   Good luck🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, singinalot said:

i told Nate I’m going to end up losing weight because I’m not going to buy nearly as much as I have been used to!

For sure, you won't be making as much "comfort" foods since you'll be living in a warmer climate year round now!😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

. I would love to gamble more but I can't stand the smell.

That was one of my comments in the post cruise survey. It was so strong, you could smell it as soon as you came out of the dining room. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I agree, it is crazy how much a trip to the food store costs.    I used to use coupons a lot but even they are hard to find.         

Here at LBI there is an Acme and a Murphy's market basically the only food stores for the island so prices are always higher than at home.   I spent a small fortune last Friday just to pick up some basics and stuff to grill for a couple of days.   Families renting homes during the summer will be in shock too!      

Oh I remember the days of constant trips to the food store when our boys were teenagers. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

so may book a Voyager sailing to Canada for October

We booked Voyager for October 16, 2022 when we were onboard.  We plan to drive to Boston, since it is only about 9 hours.   

• Like 4

Just now, h20skibum said:

We booked Voyager for October 16, 2022 when we were onboard.  We plan to drive to Boston, since it is only about 9 hours.   

Nice!     

Eric used to drive up to Boston for rowing competitions and says we are a little over 5 hrs to get there.     Being able to drive to a couple different ports in our area is a plus.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Prayers for baby Ginny.   It always breaks my heart to see children in the Children’s hospital.  They should be healthy and happy, and not have to deal with the things that they have to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Prayers for Ginny and for her parents. 
what hurts your child hurts you 1,000 times worse. 🙏🙏🙏

Also praying for Ginny and her parents. As mentioned above, children should not have to go through these types of ailments.🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Thanks 1

Well, I am absolutely exhausted after all the storm cleanup.  Five hours yesterday after we got home, plus ten hours today, but all the cleanup is done.  Of course, that includes doing some cleanup work at a 90 YO neighbor’s house when I saw her out working. 

Anyone want a custom fastback Lincoln?  One of the trees from the storm did the work on it

1CC471CB-B3E7-48C8-B53D-6FC1C7B7D1E3.thumb.jpeg.b71ee01a5133a4f98b333de34674eb94.jpeg

I knew we should have planned more time between trips.  We have breakfast with our granddaughter at the school tomorrow, then lunch with our grandson at the school.   Then we come home and pack.  Flight to California is Wednesday morning from Cleveland. Ready for summer of fun 2.0 as we bring our California grandson back to Pa. 

• Like 10

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Renee, we stayed at HI Old Sydney, now Rydges. The location was excellent, the hotel was clean and the staff very nice. Not luxurious. Location, location, location. I would stay there again.

Located in the historic Rocks district, Rydges Sydney Harbor (formerly Holiday Inn Old Sydney) features a rooftop swimming pool offering views of Sydney

I was also looking at that one. I really need to make some reservations for this cruise. I already made some for a TA which is over a year away. 😁

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

A cough will often linger after an infection has resolved. It happens because of residual inflammation and secretions that takes time to clear.

Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hoping for the best for little Genevieve.

• Thanks 1