Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Tomorrow is finally the day we leave for Alaska & board Radiance on Friday!  

woo hoo … Absolutely love Alaska 

I’ll check on in here periodically rather than going live more than likely.

Im 95% packed and still catching up on house chores, preparing dogs for kennel etc. before we leave tomorrow.

DW however just left work at 7:30 & still needs to pack .. oh my 😱😱🤢🤢

Already had a crisis averted this morning when I called our kennel/doggie daycare to touch base re: drop off time in the AM, they did NOT have our reservation.  What!!  Luckily they had room for the fur babies and all is good. Whew 😥 No idea how that happened but nothing to worry about.  

Cheers 🍻

Mark

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 21

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks he was incredible. I think the pressure and stress of Vegas wore him down. I think he felt like he was in a rut and could never get out.

This was his audition for a job at Excalibur with the Royal Court Singers.

He would play with other groups around town including Santa Fe and this group called Vocalese.

I miss him dearly. What a great talent.

I am so sorry about your dear friend Brad's passing.  Such a tragedy, and such a great loss.  May he Rest in Peace.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It's been bad here since around noon.  It's gotten much worse since around 4 o'clock..after 7:00 and it's very smoky here.  

Same here.    We were all clear this morning when I left for work at 7:30 then around noon someone leaving for lunch couldn't believe how smokey it was with a yellow / orangey haze.    We just grilled dinner and definitely did not want to eat on the patio with how smokey it is.     

I feel really bad for all the people that are directly impacted by these fires.   Hopefully they will get under control soon.   I am sure the firefighters are exhausted and ready for a break too.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

The haze from the wilderness fires is so thick & unhealthy that tonight's Yankee game has been canceled.  Fortunately,  I found out just as I was about to get on the Metro-North train to head down.

Snapped this picture of the TZ Bridge  from the Tarrytown train station.   Remember the post from a week ago, crystal clear blue skies, Rockland County 3 miles in the distance?  Picture doesn't capture the weird orange glow adequately  

Edit to add: On a normal, foggy day this wouldn't be unusual.  But this is the haze from the 400+ Canadian wilderness files over 700 miles away & it still smells like a campfire. 

20230607_172000.thumb.jpg.6657e1132e53bcae4ca49d262c9b1a0d.jpg

Have you ever encountered this before where you live? It is weird if it is new to you. We first experienced it in 1991, with the Oakland Hills Fire, which was very close. But in the last few years, it has happened with some regularity, from large fires that are quite a distance away. It just depends on the wind and the air pressure. 

Check out Purple Air to see if there are air quality monitoring stations near you. It is kind of alarming when the air is that bad. And it looks bad there. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Im 95% packed and still catching up on house chores, preparing dogs for kennel etc. before we leave tomorrow.

Already had a crisis averted this morning when I called our kennel/doggie daycare to

touch base re: drop off time in the AM, they did NOT have our reservation.  What!!  Luckily they had room for the fur babies and all is good. Whew 😥 No idea how that happened but nothing to worry about.  

Cheers 🍻

Mark

WOO WOO.     Time for the Happy Dance.

I look forward to hearing about your Alaskan cruise but Please don't feel like you have to keep us updated.   After all it is your vacation and we'll be here when you get back. 

Safe travel and hope you have an Awesome Cruise!

Enjoy😃

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter’s high school is doing remote learning tomorrow.

A couple employees were talking about how their children were not allowed outside for recess today and others are moving their graduations indoors.    

I find it ironic that during Covid we were told to masks while indoors now they recommend we wear them outside.  🙃

• Like 10

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you, Dani.   We enjoy every minute we get to spend with the grandkids.  They grow up too fast. 

They surely do!  ❤️

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sherlock was brought home today.  He is 4 months old.IMG_0847.thumb.jpeg.528b550a44aac516c1e54fca73f526b9.jpegFullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.e099bdb9fb020479ad50cf1102e541f4.jpeg

Sherlock is so cute!!  Enjoy!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter’s high school is doing remote learning tomorrow.

School is still open here tomorrow;  meanwhile, my grandson said all the State Offices here in NJ are closed tomorrow.  Go figure🙅‍♀️

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WOO WOO.     Time for the Happy Dance.

I look forward to hearing about your Alaskan cruise but Please don't feel like you have to keep us updated.   After all it is your vacation and we'll be here when you get back. 

Safe travel and hope you have an Awesome Cruise!

Enjoy😃

+1 @SteelCityCruiser10  Enjoy!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Have you ever encountered this before where you live? It is weird if it is new to you. We first experienced it in 1991, with the Oakland Hills Fire, which was very close. But in the last few years, it has happened with some regularity, from large fires that are quite a distance away. It just depends on the wind and the air pressure. 

Check out Purple Air to see if there are air quality monitoring stations near you. It is kind of alarming when the air is that bad. And it looks bad there. 

We left New York just in time, 

• Like 8

Finally caught up!

We've been busy around here...Friday morning with Ryan's Awards Ceremony, Friday night with Ava's Class of 2023 Awards Ceremony..she was awarded the National Honor Society Stoll and the Visual Arts Award for Drawing and Painting Medal, both to be worn over her Graduation Robe, and the Silver Medal for being ranked top 12% of Class.  We attended Ava's Graduation this past Monday evening.  I had a great seat in the Balcony for pictures;  just not a great phone for taking pictures🫤

While we were at Ava's Graduation,  Ryan and his Mom were at his Band Banquet, where he got an award and once he's a Freshman, will be presented with a Varsity Letter from the Marching Band.

Last night, our videographer grandson Jack, and his friend and classmate won "Best Film" for their production of "School Alone", beating out all of the Upper classmen (they are both Sophomores).  They also won "Special Effects" for a 3 minute film (which took 3 days to film and edit)..(.I'm sure Greg  @Sea Dog can appreciate this)

Saturday we'll be celebrating our 2 Connecticut Granddaughters combined Graduation party..Erin from College and her sister Meghan from High School.  Next week will be Meghan's Graduation, and Ryan's 8th Grade Graduation.   

• Like 19

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

I know nothing about music but surely the tryouts are not to see if you qualify but where you fit in . These singing groups for PD patients and caregivers are supposed to be therapeutic. 

Yes,they are therapeutic .There is also dancing for PD ,tai chi and boxing .I did the latter two.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

The haze from the wilderness fires is so thick & unhealthy that tonight's Yankee game has been canceled.  Fortunately,  I found out just as I was about to get on the Metro-North train to head down.

Snapped this picture of the TZ Bridge  from the Tarrytown train station.   Remember the post from a week ago, crystal clear blue skies, Rockland County 3 miles in the distance?  Picture doesn't capture the weird orange glow adequately  

Edit to add: On a normal, foggy day this wouldn't be unusual.  But this is the haze from the 400+ Canadian wilderness files over 700 miles away & it still smells like a campfire. 

It was similiar in Brooklyn where one of my daughters teaches.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Finally caught up!

We've been busy around here...Friday morning with Ryan's Awards Ceremony, Friday night with Ava's Class of 2023 Awards Ceremony..she was awarded the National Honor Society Stoll and the Visual Arts Award for Drawing and Painting Medal, both to be worn over her Graduation Robe, and the Silver Medal for being ranked top 12% of Class.  We attended Ava's Graduation this past Monday evening.  I had a great seat in the Balcony for pictures;  just not a great phone for taking pictures🫤

While we were at Ava's Graduation,  Ryan and his Mom were at his Band Banquet, where he got an award and once he's a Freshman, will be presented with a Varsity Letter from the Marching Band.

Last night, our videographer grandson Jack, and his friend and classmate won "Best Film" for their production of "School Alone", beating out all of the Upper classmen (they are both Sophomores).  They also won "Special Effects" for a 3 minute film (which took 3 days to film and edit)..(.I'm sure Greg  @Sea Dog can appreciate this)

Saturday we'll be celebrating our 2 Connecticut Granddaughters combined Graduation party..Erin from College and her sister Meghan from High School.  Next week will be Meghan's Graduation, and Ryan's 8th Grade Graduation.   

Is there anything better ?😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It's been bad here since around noon.  It's gotten much worse since around 4 o'clock..after 7:00 and it's very smoky here.  

My daughter who teaches in Brooklyn just called to say that the school she teaches in is closed for students but the teachers have to report to work..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

This brings back bad memories of the smoke haze we had in Sydney from the 2019 bushfires.

I am sorry to read of the wildfires in Canada.  Another contingent of Australian firefighters flew out to assist yesterday.

I hope the smoke haze clears soon for everyone impacted.  I know how eerie and unpleasant it is.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you.  We are already having some good times. 

We got to California without any glitches.  Flight left exactly on time, and we got into San Francisco a half hour early.  The bus we take from the airport to Marin County was running late, but worked out perfect, because we only had to wait 10 minutes after picking up our luggage.

Got to our son’s house, and spent a little time with them.  They are working from home today, so Susan and I surprised our grandson by picking him up from school. 

Getting ready for a nice birthday dinner out now.

Happy Birthday to Susan and enjoy your summer with your grandson.  I look forward to your photos of your activities.  Your grandson is fortunate to have such loving, active & involved grandparents.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Already had a crisis averted this morning when I called our kennel/doggie daycare to touch base re: drop off time in the AM, they did NOT have our reservation.  What!!  Luckily they had room for the fur babies and all is good. Whew 😥 No idea how that happened but nothing to worry about.  

Cheers 🍻

Mark

Gosh that kennel hitch could have been a major drama - glad they were able to take your fur babies.

Have a fab cruise.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Finally caught up!

Congratulations! That’s awesome and sounds like he will have a great future. Tell him from this Emmy winner to work harder than everyone else, follow your dreams and NEVER stop learning. The business and technology advances and changes so fast. Don’t ever become complacent.

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1