Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We were out walking at a park today, and found the flowers still looked pretty nice.  

IMG_8781.thumb.jpeg.520ba7279df2051f430b1916e05f7c7c.jpeg

And in no a true, can you rush the season fashion, the crews were starting to string Christmas lights on the trees.  I bet they even beat @Sea Dog

Yes that would have me beat. When I have lights out on the house. I usually have them do it in October at a reduced rate.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 4:54 PM, mo&fran said:

When I wake up, I wonder if i will be able to swallow today.  I take my morning meds, I can swallow. Today is a success. I figure I am good for the day.

What a good feeling that must have been!

• Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 7:34 AM, MJSailors said:

On the flip side of the interest rates- when mortgage rates were at 16%- investment rates were high also.

People holding bank CDs and Treasury notes or bonds did well.

In the past few years, investment rates have been dismal-under 1% in some cases.

We just renewed a 12 month CD and are getting 5.50% APY.

All part of the financial equation.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

May I ask who is paying 5.5? The best I have found recently is 5.

Edited by Etta1213

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This however is the best aft facing cabin and balcony we have ever had.

Cabin #8181 on Celebrity Infinity, here is a video I found of  Celebrity Summit which has the exact same layout.

Check out this cabin and balcony.

That is an Awesome cabin and Balcony!!!

35 minutes ago, George C said:

We have summit royal suite 6140 in March for third year in a row , balcony is 195 sq Ft including a hot tub (which we never use)

I remember the photos, another very nice cabin and balcony.  We hardly spend time inside the cabin other than watching TV before I fall asleep.

• Like 4

Here are the specs on #8181 in Infinity..........Balcony is almost as large as the cabin.

Cabin 271 square ft.

Balcony 242 square ft

Also you have to walk through 2 doors to get into the cabin, internet sucked in the cabin until we learned something about half way through the cruise.  You had to leave the second door cracked open with a shoe to get the internet signal to come through to the cabin.. They had the ship's IT guy come to our cabin so we could show him what was going on.......I still can't believe how they didn't know what was going on in that cabin. Pretty sure everyone that stayed in that cabin prior to us had the same issues.

Got us a nice $200 FCC though after complaining. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We’ve had this one a few times.  Booking early helps.  The views and breeze while being completely covered are wonderful.  There’s a smaller one on deck 10 corner on these ships where the room is larger with the stripper pole at the end of the bed, balcony is still large and private. That’s our favorite.  At times we’ve been told we can’t book those without 3 but it’s varied. 

We haven’t had an aft for a while but snagged a center deck 10 on Jewel for next year.  The walk is long but so worth it.  

We had a slight center aft on deck 8 on the Jewel this March. I loved that balcony. It was completely covered by the balcony on top, so you could sit outside in any weather. I liked this one way better than the aft balconies on the X Beyond since those were not "weatherproof" like this one on the Jewel. The covering on the Beyond aft balcony (not talking about the aft corner suites, we had one their sunset veranda) was perhaps 3 or 4 ft and we could not sit out in the rain at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I remember the photos, another very nice cabin and balcony.  We hardly spend time inside the cabin other than watching TV before I fall asleep.

Hard to justify the cost of the suite considering how much time we spend there but we love staying there , we normally invite some people we meet to for cocktails and perks are fantastic including free specialty restaurants.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It sure makes me nervous when I try to go to my cruise planner and my upcoming October sailing is not there. I am going to chalk this up to Royal IT and not my reservation gone. Nut it is unnerving.

Now it popped up. Geesh!

The must be increasing the cruise planner prices to pretend they are having a Labor Day sale! Hence the temporary disappearance.

Nothing is on sale on our sailings, except for the Coco club all day pass from $322 to $287.🙄 No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Arzeena said:

The must be increasing the cruise planner prices to pretend they are having a Labor Day sale! Hence the temporary disappearance.

Nothing is on sale on our sailings, except for the Coco club all day pass from $322 to $287.🙄 No thanks.

I got an email that said up to 40% off I checked all my stuff like drink package, dining package, internet and coco day beach club and they all were higher than what we paid. So much for a sale.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I got an email that said up to 40% off I checked all my stuff like drink package, dining package, internet and coco day beach club and they all were higher than what we paid. So much for a sale.

Same situation with ours. I guess we will have to wait for the Black Friday sales if there are any this year. Last year or the year before, I remember seeing soda pkg for $6.99 and Jamie's lunch for $16. I don't remember what $ the Voom was.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We'll see what Black Friday holds but an actual sale/deal is becoming increasingly rare.  There just seems to be regular prices and higher than regular prices now.  

• Like 9

My sister and brother in law just got back from their 11 night Med. cruise on Beyond.  They were in a 2 bathroom suite that comes with butler service.  They were a bit overwhelmed but got into the butler life easy.  It was brutally hot and with only 2 sea days they decided to make one port stop a "sea day".  They loved everything about Beyond from the entertainment, decor, to the food in the suite dining room, but they usually are easy to please.  I'm looking forward to seeing their pictures.  They cruised with good friends of over 60 years. 

Ken, you did good!

• Like 9

Just now, Tree_skier said:

We'll see what Black Friday holds but an actual sale/deal is becoming increasingly rare.  There just seems to be regular prices and higher than regular prices now.  

I think you are exactly right. That’s why I’m cruising a lot now because I don’t think I will be able to afford it in a couple of years. 

• Like 4

Just now, Sea Dog said:

I think you are exactly right. That’s why I’m cruising a lot now because I don’t think I will be able to afford it in a couple of years. 

I've got two more weeks booked this year for a total for 2023 of 29 days at sea.  Next year I've got 24 days booked over 3 weeks.  2025 I've got Bella 2.0 and 11 day in March.  If something doesn't change with pricing I'm going to have to change the way I do things.  It'll either have to be inside cabins instead of what I'm doing now which is balconies with the odd suite thrown in or it'll be fewer nights at sea.  I'm simply not going to pay what I see people paying right now.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My sister and brother in law just got back from their 11 night Med. cruise on Beyond.  They were in a 2 bathroom suite that comes with butler service.  They were a bit overwhelmed but got into the butler life easy.  It was brutally hot and with only 2 sea days they decided to make one port stop a "sea day".  They loved everything about Beyond from the entertainment, decor, to the food in the suite dining room, but they usually are easy to please.  I'm looking forward to seeing their pictures.  They cruised with good friends of over 60 years. 

Ken, you did good!

Love celebrity suite perks 😁😁😁, but suites are getting very expensive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Same for our 11/9 jewel cruise.  We will just use our d+ discount for the drink package once onboard.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Same situation with ours. I guess we will have to wait for the Black Friday sales if there are any this year. Last year or the year before, I remember seeing soda pkg for $6.99 and Jamie's lunch for $16. I don't remember what $ the Voom was.

I think last November we got voom for $11.99 and Jamie's for $14 or $15.

• Like 2