Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

What is Playmakers? Can anyone eat at 150 or is that for suites?  

Playmakers is ala carte, just walk up. I think they are known for their onion ring tower. It's too much to eat for one person but I love good onion rings, if real onion, not minced. They have poke nachos and wings and sliders and truffle fries. That kind of fare. I can get enough for $20. If you have unlimited I think they allow $20 per person so it's better  maybe for a couple or share one sitting and then share a 2nd sitting depending how much you can eat at once. It doesnt take much to fill me up. 

Anyone can eat at 150. I too had the lobster thermidor.  I liked it the dessert I was so so about. Seems like something marshmallow type idk. But it wasnt memorial but I liked everything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My home has turned into a liquor store with my collection of Bourbon, Whiskey, Rum and craft cocktail ingredients. I’m really not an alcoholic just a chemist. 😉

IMG_4351.thumb.jpeg.865f1286c1403543bc8220b1775164f3.jpeg

IMG_4350.thumb.jpeg.9b800ebadbf8e6ce68290344c010f544.jpeg

IMG_4352.thumb.jpeg.ab2beec5dd0ecca1b1ee14f95a53fbe0.jpeg

IMG_4353.thumb.jpeg.a7e2a3e65264c7c77fb7759f0e02aa4b.jpeg

IMG_4354.thumb.jpeg.829706386a09737e649f1919d8b4b0c7.jpeg

I like the “chemist” spin you put on it.  Might have to steal that.  🤔

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Anyone who is paying for it or has dining pkg.

150 is very "upscale" specialty restaurant. Check out their menu online. Nice ambience.
Playmakers is their "sports bar". On the Wonder it has semi indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoor seating is on the boardwalk and you can people watch.

I also agree 150 the ambience is more upscale than say chops or Giovanni. A little more fancy and dressy feeling. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I hate to break it to you Greg, but Skrewball is the official whiskey of the Buffalo Bills.  It's tradition to do a shot when the Bills score a TD.  Every true member of the Bills Mafia has a bottle in their house.  Have you accidentally become a member of the Bills Mafia? 🤣

I love Josh Allen. I root for the Bills anytime they are not playing KC! If I did a shot every time the Bills score a TD I would be an alcoholic.😁

Tried to comment below but it won’t let me. I have cut back from the hunt. It was fun for a while but too much work. I have gotten into finished bourbons like Rabbit Hole’s Derringer which is finished in a sherry cask.

34 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

While i have some “everyday drinkers”, I too like to try different Bourbons.  (note .. i do NOT drink whisky everyday for the record!  🤪)

It has led to a decent collection of bottles.  I believe I’m around 40 bottles at the moment.  I enjoy trying them and hunting for ones I want to try.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

My home has turned into a liquor store with my collection of Bourbon, Whiskey, Rum and craft cocktail ingredients. I’m really not an alcoholic just a chemist. 😉

Sweet!  I'll definitely have to post a couple pics when I get my bar area up and running when we're back in the house.

Thinking of getting this one right now (but I'm sure I'll change my mind 10x before I decide anything), not sure about the bookcase/shelf as it won't have enough room, I may just grab the bar and barstools and get a different shelf for behind.

Andi is like the devil on my shoulder saying "Just get it..." H8245-100-BAR-SET_3.thumb.jpg.ccfaf24d3ee16656f2d783cde6cc6af5.jpg

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Tried to comment below but it won’t let me. I have cut back from the hunt. It was fun for a while but too much work. I have gotten into finished bourbons like Rabbit Hole’s Derringer which is finished in a sherry cask.

The hunt for certain allocated bottles is exhausting and frustrating especially in PA.  State run liquor monopoly.  Certain people have become privy to the delivery schedules and somehow get wind of rare bottle deliveries.  Very common for 50 people to be lined up outside fine wine & good spirits stores 2 hours before they open on those delivery days.  Often times there’s only a case or 2 which means half of them stood in line for nothing.  

I haven’t tried that Rabbit Hole Sherry finish.  Adding to list 😳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Anyone who is paying for it or has dining pkg.

150 is very "upscale" specialty restaurant. Check out their menu online. Nice ambience.
Playmakers is their "sports bar". On the Wonder it has semi indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoor seating is on the boardwalk and you can people watch.

How upscale is 150?  I bring cocktail type dresses, mid-calf not formal and my husband brings slacks with a dress shirt.  Not sure he would want to dress up more then that and I really don't want to have to find a formal.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

The hunt for certain allocated bottles is exhausting and frustrating especially in PA.  State run liquor monopoly.  Certain people have become privy to the delivery schedules and somehow get wind of rare bottle deliveries.  Very common for 50 people to be lined up outside fine wine & good spirits stores 2 hours before they open on those delivery days.  Often times there’s only a case or 2 which means half of them stood in line for nothing.  

I don't really "hunt" anymore either.  I'm in a Washington Bourbon group on another site and they do store picks (it's run through one of the better whiskey bar/restaurants in the Seattle area) every other month or so.  I usually just sign up for those and if I'm lucky enough to grab one (just got a Stagg Jr store pick a couple days ago that I'll pick up in a couple weeks), that satisfies my "hunting" FOMO.  I have no desire to spend my Saturdays driving from store to store looking for an elusive unicorn.

• Like 2

Just now, Husky1987 said:

I have no desire to spend my Saturdays driving from store to store looking for an elusive unicorn.

Totally agree Larry. I got tired of driving everywhere just to find nothing. I really enjoy a lot of bourbons you can find everyday. I am amazed at how many people still pursue the hunt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I don't really "hunt" anymore either.  I'm in a Washington Bourbon group on another site and they do store picks (it's run through one of the better whiskey bar/restaurants in the Seattle area) every other month or so.  I usually just sign up for those and if I'm lucky enough to grab one (just got a Stagg Jr store pick a couple days ago that I'll pick up in a couple weeks), that satisfies my "hunting" FOMO.  I have no desire to spend my Saturdays driving from store to store looking for an elusive unicorn.

I’m heading in the same direction myself.  Running out of room to store everything.  PA does run a lottery that’s easy enough to sign up for.  Maybe i’ll get lucky in one of those with minimal effort.

• Like 2

Impressive he has a lot of good ones especially EH Taylor and Eagle Rare. I would recommend also getting Wild Turkey Rare Breed and the Henry McKenna 10 year bottled in bond. 

It is not as easy to find good bourbons here in the UK, he likes to go to the liquor stores when we visit the US to find things we can’t get here.

• Like 3

Wow! That’s impressive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I haven’t tried that Rabbit Hole Sherry finish.  Adding to list 😳

The last store pick of Russell's 10 year had a line all around the building. By the time I got to the front they were sold out. Luckily I know the owner really well and he asked me if I wanted a bottle. I said yes and he went to the back room and came back with a bottle in a brown paper bag and told the cashier how much to ring it up for. Pays to know someone .

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

While i have some “everyday drinkers”, I too like to try different Bourbons.  (note .. i do NOT drink whisky everyday for the record!  🤪)

It has led to a decent collection of bottles.  I believe I’m around 40 bottles at the moment.  I enjoy trying them and hunting for ones I want to try.  

My DH is trying to find some Weller, but so far it’s impossible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

On Wonder of the Seas - if you could pick 3 specialty restaurants which ones would you pick?

Has anyone taken a Viking cruise?  There is a Great Lakes Cruise I am thinking of but just not sure yet.  It goes a lot of places we would like to see and would take many separate trips and many miles to see if we did it with road trips or flights.  It is pricey but I think they include a lot of things that we normally have to pay for.

Just a little something to get you in the mood.  Here is the Viking ship departing Duluth under the lift bridge. YouTube is a great place to lose time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

How upscale is 150?  I bring cocktail type dresses, mid-calf not formal and my husband brings slacks with a dress shirt.  Not sure he would want to dress up more then that and I really don't want to have to find a formal.  

You will be fine, it is a very nice restaurant but certainly not formal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MancGirl21 said:

My DH is trying to find some Weller, but so far it’s impossible.

It’s almost impossible to find it here where it’s made let alone in the UK.  Even though it’s a great bourbon do not pay more than MSRP for it. Third party resellers gouge the consumer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yeah that’s rarely seen in PA however my buddy got 3 bottles of Weller in Ohio last week.

That’s a great find, there are some auction sites selling here at stupid prices.

Well , Greg, where did you get your degree in chemistry ?  I got mine at a university in the northeast and my husband’s doctorate in chemistry from a university in the Midwest.  Better living through chemistry. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It’s almost impossible to find it here where it’s made let alone in the UK.  Even though it’s a great bourbon do not pay more than MSRP for it. Third party resellers gouge the consumer.

Maybe he’ll find some one day! We had a great time going round Total Wine last time we were over, there’s nothing like that here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This is a great point.  I see online prices double and triple what msrp should be.  For example I got a bottle of Blantons for $62 (out of pure luck) a couple weeks ago.  I regularly see it for $160 online.  Not worth that to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NHProud said:

Well , Greg, where did you get your degree in chemistry ?  I got mine at a university in the northeast and my husband’s doctorate in chemistry from a university in the Midwest.  Better living through chemistry. 

I was joking. I was horrible at chemistry in school. I remember trying to balance equations and was horrible at it. You have my ultimate respect.  

Just now, MancGirl21 said:

Maybe he’ll find some one day! We had a great time going round Total Wine last time we were over, there’s nothing like that here.

Keep the faith!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was joking. I was horrible at chemistry in school. I remember trying to balance equations and was horrible at it. You have my ultimate respect.  

Keep the faith!

I know ! You are a multi-talented individual.  I guess mixology is chemistry . 

• Like 2