Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My most commented on T-shirt is from Sloppy Joe's in Key West. I pretty much wear it once a week

I bought my son-in-law a Pusser’s t-shirt several years ago mostly for a laugh. 
I didn’t expect him to wear it, but I’ve had to replace it because sun snd salt water did it in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Completely Understand. The closest I've come to documenting the music in my life was this 2014 entry into my blog, "The Ten Albums That Changed My Life."

https://gregslounge.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-ten-albums-that-changed-my-life.html

Very interesting. Tower of Power is a name that I have not heard about in many years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Attending my uncle-in-laws wake today, funeral tomorrow.  Due to the high covid, low vaccination rate there, we are asked to mask up.  Today marks my first day voluntarily going back to the mask, so not a huge deal.

Sorry for your loss

14 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I bought my son-in-law a Pusser’s t-shirt several years ago mostly for a laugh. 
I didn’t expect him to wear it, but I’ve had to replace it because sun snd salt water did it in. 

I too had a Pusser’s tee shirt but it went to the great beyond for tee shirts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Still going strong after 50 years. Never sounded better.

About 20 years ago a woman who has had more songs written about her than possibly any other had an internet message board.Singers and musicians posted and it was by invitation only.I had the opportunity to post on the board because I knew her and she knew about my appreciation for music.Unfortunately she became ill and had to close the board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

When we lived in Ohio, we had a constant problem with Canadian Geese slowly walking across a road and blocking traffic (build a net!).  I had this problem pulling out of my neighborhood yesterday:

IMG_7418.thumb.JPG.543a251bd830d6694e47475124d828b3.JPG

We have a peacock who lives in our neighborhood.  He struts around like he owns the place.  Not something that I would have expected. 

You don’t have Canada geese all over Amelia Island? They’re a pain here in Jax. 
And my son’s short street has about a dozen peacocks that live about four houses down and wander up and down the street. Never leave the neighborhood, though!

Everybody complains, but they also don’t want them to go away!

Having a dual birthday for Sharon and my SIL.  Gifts have been opened. Drinks poured. 

AC1DFDDA-2D57-45F3-9560-BD0100E84580.thumb.jpeg.666288eb0505f0d35c4e589a09e67a8e.jpeg

Lucy isn’t the least concerned. Kids are swimming. 

35C41090-3D7B-434D-9440-8D678BE07455.thumb.jpeg.0d11d1dd3ef1a9eb589b7b7e1839213e.jpeg

Not at all. 

DF9DA49F-EBD9-442D-BB05-7C0B4C8B2337.thumb.jpeg.1493e13ec773ac929a2fef8a7fb23d62.jpeg

My BIL brought a snack as well. Bacon wrapped Oreos. They were/are very tasty. 

757ABE7D-DADF-479B-B01B-B8421EDDFF80.thumb.jpeg.68131aeba5cc06cca9f11d5137baf6cd.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not even an option in my present car. My CD collection is on one USB stick that I just plug into the car's port.

I'll have to ask my 14 yo grandson for info and help on that!  I miss the CD player in our suv

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It was 106F today, as we travelled to have lunch at my DS2's house....

We're repairing the concrete pylons supporting our balcony (corrosion), and all our house is full of dust. It is the 1st time my DIL is preparing a meal for us, and it was, surprisingly, quite tasty.

We're having a heavy heat wave, and I'm sorry for the workers outside. We're constantly providing them cold water, chunks of water melon and.... lots and lots of black coffee, since they're Palestinians.

It was the appointment made one month ago by the concrete "renewal" expert. He couldn't have expected such a bad weather.

20210804_172415.jpg

It is going to be gorgeous, dani!  On the two days we had our 8 trees taken down, it was extremely hot and humid.  We felt awful for them, and kept plenty of iced water bottle and wet towels for them to use.

22 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

"it felt good to be out of the rain..."  lol    Man, those were the days. The 60s and 70s were an incredible period for pop music. 

We were so unbelievably lucky to have had this music in our teens/young adulthood!

22 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got an email that one of us, didn’t say who, was selected for Volunteers of the Sea!  Didn’t say the sailing, hoping it is Oasis but since it is right here it probably isn’t 😳they said to expect an email soon.

Wow, Marietta!  Lucky you! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Having a dual birthday for Sharon and my SIL

Happiest of Birthday wished to your family. Looks like a great celebration. I have never even heard of bacon wrapped Oreos but now I must try it. Two of my favorite things.

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was born 6.21.66 and Eric was born 3.31.59

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just a few of the songs they have performed so far at tonight’s concert.  This group has a wide range.  

We are Family - Sister Sledge

Let’s get it on -Marvin Gaye

Under the Boardwalk - Drifters

At last - Etta James

In the still of the night - The Five Satins

Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton

September - Earth, Wind and Fire

Proud Mary - Tina Turner

These would all probably be considered oldies. 

At my Retirement party from the school I worked at for 10 years, my coworkers formed a circle around me and played "We are Family" while dancing around me...it was quite emotional.  

18 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our first dance was For Once in My Life. A year later we were in Vegas for our 1st Anniversary, saw Tony Bennett and that  song was his encore!

I had wanted that to be our Wedding Song, but the band did not know it.  I was so bummed....

18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

If you like Jefferson Airplane a friend of mine is in a Woodstock Tribute band called Retro69.The female singer in the band Melissa League sounds just like Grace Slick.The band played at the Woodstock 50th.reunion in 2019.They are on YouTube.

I turned 21 the weekend of the original Woodstock.  My friends and I were deciding whether to attend Woodstock, or head down to the Osprey Bar down the Shore.  The Osprey won out.  I had a great birthday weekend!!  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Having a dual birthday for Sharon and my SIL.  Gifts have been opened. Drinks poured. 

AC1DFDDA-2D57-45F3-9560-BD0100E84580.thumb.jpeg.666288eb0505f0d35c4e589a09e67a8e.jpeg

Lucy isn’t the least concerned. Kids are swimming. 

35C41090-3D7B-434D-9440-8D678BE07455.thumb.jpeg.0d11d1dd3ef1a9eb589b7b7e1839213e.jpeg

Not at all. 

DF9DA49F-EBD9-442D-BB05-7C0B4C8B2337.thumb.jpeg.1493e13ec773ac929a2fef8a7fb23d62.jpeg

My BIL brought a snack as well. Bacon wrapped Oreos. They were/are very tasty. 

757ABE7D-DADF-479B-B01B-B8421EDDFF80.thumb.jpeg.68131aeba5cc06cca9f11d5137baf6cd.jpeg

I like bacon and I like Oreos, but I don’t know about together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

🥰   You mentioned it sometime ago... and it's a nice date to remember -- 8/8 🌼

Birthday cake in the cards? 😁

@FromSea2ShiningSea   Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!!

Thank you, Dani, for letting us know about the ShiningSea's Birthday!

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

At my Retirement party from the school I worked at for 10 years, my coworkers formed a circle around me and played "We are Family" while dancing around me...it was quite emotional.  

I had wanted that to be our Wedding Song, but the band did not know it.  I was so bummed....

I turned 21 the weekend of the original Woodstock.  My friends and I were deciding whether to attend Woodstock, or head down to the Osprey Bar down the Shore.  The Osprey won out.  I had a great birthday weekend!!  

I did not go to Woodstock because Michael Lang one of the organizers of the concert hung out in a park in Bensonhurst when I did and he was so obnoxious that my feeling was anything he was associated with would not be good.I talked friends and relatives out of going there and they have not stopped yet telling me of my mistake.I did go to Hippiefest in 2008 .Every living singer/group from the 1969 concert was invited to attend and nearly all came.My wife was sitting behind Dee Snider from Twisted Sister and I told him why I did not go to the 1969;concert.He did not laugh but he smiled.We had  a great conversation.

Do I regret not going in 1969 ? Absolutely.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I like bacon and I like Oreos, but I don’t know about together.

Instructions, microwave bacon to be partially cooked and mailable. Then wrap Oreos with bacon and put in oven for 15 minutes at about 420. Supposedly there are many recipes on-line. 

A few years ago he made strawberries wrapped with bacon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Charlie would eat anything bacon related, so would our grandson RJ!  I told Charlie he should write a book about his diet because everybody would buy it.  I can’t pick on him much because he made it 18 years with his new heart and  his old diet!!!

• Like 4

Okay,  I'm finally caught up with the past 10 pages or so!

@A&L_Ont...enjoy today's family birthdays festivities!!

@John&LaLa..great picture of you and Bella!

@vacationlover_mn...so sorry for your loss of your Uncle-in-law...

@Sunshine...Debbie, I see that I quoted you without my answer to your date of birth...hmmm.  I graduated from High School just days before you were born.  Just sayin....😉

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Okay,  I'm finally caught up with the past 10 pages or so!

@A&L_Ont...enjoy today's family birthdays festivities!!

@John&LaLa..great picture of you and Bella!

@vacationlover_mn...so sorry for your loss of your Uncle-in-law...

@Sunshine...Debbie, I see that I quoted you without my answer to your date of birth...hmmm.  I graduated from High School just days before you were born.  Just sayin....😉

When I read about all these people born after I graduated high school (not you) I feel so old.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1