Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I still have some old vinyl records, that are the size of a 45 but were actually 78's, and are different colors (mostly yellow).  They were children's records.  Don't know why I am still holding on to them.  Yes,  I am older than the majority of you, but you'd never know it! 😂

Not older than me,I am ancient 😀

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father had 78’s.I still have some ,the others broke.They are very old and are one sided with dates on them.One is an Enrico Caruso from 1908 but it has no value .One is an Italian opera from 1906.

I have my dad’s Al Jolson 78.  You would think Caruso would have some value🧐

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Attending my uncle-in-laws wake today, funeral tomorrow.  Due to the high covid, low vaccination rate there, we are asked to mask up.  Today marks my first day voluntarily going back to the mask, so not a huge deal.

Stay Safe

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

On the music cruises do the bands entertain at night or just mingle with the passengers during the day ?

They mingle many times at night when they aren’t scheduled to play , saw Todd Rundgren at the martini bar on our cruise last year , we see many of them in suite lounge and restaurant. In daytime there are normally great interviews on there life and then CD and album signing . Had a nice conversation with Rita Coolidge last year , funny run into many in the elevator like BJ Thomas and Steven Bishop. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

20 years ago we went to Brandi’s in Naples where the margarita pizza was first made in 1700’s it was bar far best pizza we ever had. It was featured in Tucci’s special on cnn.

My brother and Sil were there and said the same.  It's on my bucket list to do whenever I get to naples!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Completely Understand. The closest I've come to documenting the music in my life was this 2014 entry into my blog, "The Ten Albums That Changed My Life."

https://gregslounge.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-ten-albums-that-changed-my-life.html

I checked out your blog link. Nice site. I also very much like Enigma Return To Innocence. The sound coupled with the video always mesmerized me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I checked out your blog link. Nice site. I also very much like Enigma Return To Innocence. The sound coupled with the video always mesmerized me.

When Michael Cretu aka Enigma created this album, I too was memorized by the marriage of electronic music with ancient Gregorian chants. He later used elements of the great "O Fortuna" by Carl Orf. I just thought it was brilliant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Completely Understand. The closest I've come to documenting the music in my life was this 2014 entry into my blog, "The Ten Albums That Changed My Life."

https://gregslounge.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-ten-albums-that-changed-my-life.html

I had forgotten all about Paul Revere and the Raiders.  I enjoyed that band.  
The Yes Fragile album was one of my favorites.  I love keyboards and Rick Wakeman is one of the best keyboard players.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

When we lived in Ohio, we had a constant problem with Canadian Geese slowly walking across a road and blocking traffic (build a net!).  I had this problem pulling out of my neighborhood yesterday:

IMG_7418.thumb.JPG.543a251bd830d6694e47475124d828b3.JPG

We have a peacock who lives in our neighborhood.  He struts around like he owns the place.  Not something that I would have expected. 

Do you miss the geese ? We have so many where we live on the grounds of our condo.

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I remember when I learned that Eric Clapton’s songs “Wonderful Tonight” and “Layla” ( the original, not that travesty he later recorded) in addition to George Harrison’s “Something in the Way She Moves” we’re all about Patty Boyd I thought she must have been an amazing woman!  Then I read her autobiography.

That was my feeling about him till I read a biography about him.

22 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Looking for something new to do today, we went to a sailing regatta on Lake Arthur.  If you didn’t know anything about sailing, you could go out for some instructions.  Quite a few were waiting to go out. 

8D31DDC8-E3F0-44E8-B341-BCC7EF9559D0.thumb.jpeg.87b02890433bc3756f4a8cae5eb9a0d2.jpeg

1D4027C9-0844-4471-A84F-F16B2125A3EB.thumb.jpeg.6df64f9b806100c3a930d35d3c1bb3f1.jpeg

They had a life flight helicopter there on display, and grandson got an up close look at the inside.  

9FDBCDC6-097A-423F-9992-21DE63DF3965.thumb.jpeg.cc2b335f3d7c4e606d544c02da523e61.jpeg

09E2A3C6-6496-48F1-900F-9BDD1AA6398F.thumb.jpeg.953f09a2724991c93d64302e91f8fb31.jpeg

They had a little of everything, including some rescue birds that you could handle.  He wasn’t ready to put one of these on his hand. 

C2C9902B-679A-4554-A79A-E22025AAE20F.thumb.jpeg.39e8a0d19026b0e2e95fdfcf5365116b.jpeg

And, it was just a good day for a walk in the water. 

461F4B84-4AB5-4EF4-89E8-0E90A582C561.thumb.jpeg.f2df13b87965c18baadf1d380f52ee06.jpeg

Heading out for an R&B concert tonight. 

I keep thinking about what will happen when his teacher asks what he did this summer. It will be winter break before he finishes. A summer vacation that will affect the rest of his life!

• Like 5