Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Not sure what is going on with the site today, but I kept getting this. 

722B0922-BC33-48F5-A0BB-E7F234DD9DF8.thumb.png.56278070c187b99bf4d93f5be2998c97.png

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I think the server was down for a bit.  That was weird.  It just had a message that said:

This community is not available

Please contact the community owner for assistance.

When these messages first popped up I was concerned CC shut down the great @dani negreanuthread.  Why shut down all the friendship this thread has developed.  Then I thought they wouldn’t do that, maybe it was the IPad software update.  Now that I see many experienced it I am thankful we are still here to enjoy the day together.

4th  try to post in the last hour.  About ready to wait a couple more hours!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Or maybe not enjoy the day together.  This site is having a lot of trouble.  I hope it doesn’t delete this thread.  It would take 1 or 2 months to build back up to  1,000 post!

Don't even want to think of that happening!

That's great you got a $500+ OBC for your October sailing.     Are you friends now going with you too?

I checked our future bookings but no savings, I try to check once a week but sometimes I forgot.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great you got a $500+ OBC for your October sailing.     Are you friends now going with you too?

I checked our future bookings but no savings, I try to check once a week but sometimes I forgot.

Yes and we are excited they will be with us. My wife got it set up for them and RC linked us together for dining etc.  We love cruising with others.  We have been on several cruises and many visits to Disney with this couple.  They got us doing Disney and we got them cruising.

I checked our Hawaiian cruise and it has gone up about $1,000. Crazy.  Good thing is they are already booked with us on the Hawaiian cruise.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Well, that sounds about as bad as saying something is “interesting” when trying not to hurt someone’s feelings. 🤔.   I’ll probably watch the newly released second season of “Outerbanks”, the first season wasn’t too bad LOL

I love Outerbanks.The lead actress has two movies coming out very soon.

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

About a month or so ago this couple was concerned the Disney cruise would not go and wanted to book this cruise in case Disney was a no go.  They thought if Disney would cruise they could cancel the Symphony cruise.  When we checked it out, there were no more balconies available. A week or two later several more rooms became available but they felt comfortable that Disney would cruise.  Crazy times.  Happy there were rooms available now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought I ended up in a game of Monopoly too but had no idea why. Also, when I tap on "Contents I Posted In" it is coming up empty. And that has to be an error cause I've been dancing in the minefield a long time.😐

I’m quite tempted to dance as well in some of the threads, but I learned to just talk to myself about what I really want to say, and then move on.  It’s a shame since I can come up with some real zingers for a reply, but I want to keep passing go and collecting my $200. 😃

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes and we are excited they will be with us. My wife got it set up for them and RC linked us together for dining etc.  We love cruising with others.  We have been on several cruises and many visits to Disney with this couple.  They got us doing Disney and we got them cruising.

I checked our Hawaiian cruise and it has gone up about $1,000. Crazy.  Good thing is they are already booked with us on the Hawaiian cruise.

Nice!   I hope this all works out for everyone as it sounds like a lot of fun will happen.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago I looked at cabin availability for our September sailing and today when I did my price check and peeked at available cabins, looks like a lot more have cancelled.       Still on the fence about this ourselves 

Hopefully are able to get a cabin near each other for your Oct sailing.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I’m quite tempted to dance as well in some of the threads, but I learned to just talk to myself about what I really want to say, and then move on.  It’s a shame since I can come up with some real zingers for a reply, but I want to keep passing go and collecting my $200. 😃

I hear ya....sometimes I type out a response and realize I better not send that.   sometimes it feels good to just type it then delete it (let's really living on the edge as it so easy to hit submit my mistake).   

• Like 2

Just now, LucasLikesToCruise said:

My mom is from Cape Breton Island, NS.  Most of the family still lives there.  Makes for a quick visit if There is a port stop in Sydney, NS.

I was there the first time in 1976 and several times afterward.The last time was on a cruise in 2013.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When these messages first popped up I was concerned CC shut down the great @dani negreanuthread.  Why shut down all the friendship this thread has developed.  Then I thought they wouldn’t do that, maybe it was the IPad software update.  Now that I see many experienced it I am thankful we are still here to enjoy the day together.

4th  try to post in the last hour.  About ready to wait a couple more hours!

They will not shut the thread down.  Historically, when a thread got too big, causing issues, the mods would split it and start a new part 2.  Large threads in the past have given CC access response issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hear ya....sometimes I type out a response and realize I better not send that.   sometimes it feels good to just type it then delete it (let's really living on the edge as it so easy to hit submit my mistake).   

I used to do that in the past, but too often in my haste to hit the delete button I would hit the submit button…… definitely learned my lesson a few times.  And this was several years ago when people still had a sense of humor, now people are too sensitive to understand witty sarcasm.  🤔

Edited by LucasLikesToCruise
Misspelled words
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

They will not shut the thread down.  Historically, when a thread got too big, causing issues, the mods would split it and start a new part 2.  Large threads in the past have given CC access response issues.

Also, I believe they allowed this thread to survive this long was because of the number of clicks the site got during the pandemic.  Even if not 100% cruise related, clicks are clicks when it comes to website traffic for the advertisers.  

• Like 6

Site has been bonkers today so I hope I’m able to complete this post. 
First, I forgot to post this photo of youngest GS yesterday. Can you guess what he’s doing? I mean it’s a long walk

into the house to the bathroom 🤣.

Our first adventure with grandsons was to Patriot Place.  Got a peek at the stadium, went thru the Hall of Fame, then pizza for lunch.  Also spotted this Disney character along the side of the road & stopped for a pic.  Just relaxing at home now, we’re all pretty tired after the party yesterday. 

9E9C76A7-7BB2-453B-9077-1501FC5A7955.jpeg

50056989-BBBF-410B-AD7B-A459A34EB59F.jpeg

55C2C2AD-C33E-4D2F-983E-258DAC26A0FB.jpeg

EAC2DB39-992F-459D-8078-904DEA0F915F.jpeg

F27FCF74-DEB5-44B4-AEE6-C0268183CF56.jpeg

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 12

On 8/15/2021 at 3:17 AM, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana

Happy Birthday, Maryann,💐

Wishing you an enjoyable celebration today 🥂 🎂

Thank you so much, Dani!  I had a wonderful seafood extravaganza dinner with Jim, my daughters and grandchildren.  The girls even had the dining room all decorated!  It was a great day, and I thank you again!  I called my older sister today, as she celebrates her birthday the day after mine.❤️

• Like 6

On 8/15/2021 at 7:53 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Toland Home Garden Happy Birthday Cupcake 28 x 40 Inch Decorative Candle Party House Flag

Thank you, Bonnie!  Glad you're having a wonderful time with your daughter and grandchildren!

On 8/15/2021 at 7:56 AM, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday wishes Maryann @Luckynana

Thank you so much, Graham.  Your Church bulletin shows the feast of the Assumption.  Since I was born on Mary's feast day, I was named after Mary and her mother, St. Anne

On 8/15/2021 at 9:23 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYANN!!!🥰     I wish a fun and happy special day.     

Thank you, Debbie!  I'm glad you've made your decision for your LBI home!

On 8/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, h20skibum said:

It is 61° in Oakland California this morning. We are flying from the Oakland airport, back to our car in Cleveland.  We have a layover in Denver, and have our first flight delay of the day.  Only by 7 minutes, so that isn’t too bad. 

The bag drop line was long this morning.  

3792EA1B-E05B-48CF-8710-69CA07F29F32.thumb.jpeg.fff74619fb1dcb6c36ef98761cf3108b.jpeg

Grandson was sad to see us go.  They are talking about joining us at our house rental in Florida for the Christmas holidays, but flight costs are ridiculously high right now.  Grandson asked how long it was till then and was told it was 4 months.  He said he didn’t think he could wait even a month for more fun. 

So a last couple pictures of him from lunch yesterday.  We ate at a place called Hop Monk that had live entertainment. 

F1A4D813-3CF6-4F55-B5C1-9BFB4B369628.thumb.jpeg.0cfd88c8db402676915134c463543813.jpeg

I had to laugh, because from these pictures you would think he was in training to do tequila shots. 😂

B6E321AC-2875-4B4E-9980-B482EA5A9CD4.thumb.jpeg.3c191ed86243940c7d8881cc7c57c3b4.jpeg

1CDF7306-E1CE-420C-8975-72BB8C31CE54.thumb.jpeg.711dadbf4345e94ed1532043cdcc87c4.jpeg

He does the same with lemons.  

Now we get a week of relaxing when we get home. 

Your grandson is the cutest!  Hopefully, he will be able to join you in Florida for more adventures with Grandma and Grandpa!

On 8/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, Sea Dog said:

@Luckynana Happiest of Birthday wished to you Maryann .

Thank you, Greg.  I am so sorry for your loss of your good friend Scooter.  May Alonzo Jr Powell Rest in Peace.  I guess God needed another drummer.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Birthday to Maryann from the Island of Staten.

Enjoy your day.😀

Thank you so much, Lenny!

On 8/15/2021 at 11:31 AM, DaniDanielle said:

From us too🍾

Thank you, Marietta and Charlie!  Six more days until you cruise!!  Whoot whoot!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm sure you two miss him already.... 4 months is a long time to go without seeing him.

It had been 21 months since we had seen him, before we went to pick him up.  

I feel bad that his other set of grand parents haven’t been able to see him.  They do not live in the US, and because of the travel ban they can not travel here, nor can grandson travel there.  It looks like it may be quite some time before that reunion takes place. They were scheduled to fly to the US just as COVID closed things down last year.