Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

What's the latest about restart cruising from your country?

Talking about cruising @dani negreanu

We booked a couple of cruises yesterday for next year, and I think one is the same as you are on (according to the roll call).  Will be lovely to maybe meet you and your hubby after all this chatting, covid willing  😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We would love to come to Australia and cruise around Australia.

Graham.

Me too. Before, I was trying to plan a cruise around Australia and/or New Zealand.  Some went as far as Fiji which I really want to visit.  I believe when possible we will do a land visit to Fiji for a couple weeks.  It’s a beautiful island.  Sharon lived there a few years in her youth…… The way Sharon goes you could say she still has a lot of youth in her!

• Like 4

Just now, sgmn said:

Talking about cruising @dani negreanu

We booked a couple of cruises yesterday for next year, and I think one is the same as you are on (according to the roll call).  Will be lovely to maybe meet you and your hubby after all this chatting, covid willing  😊

Thanks, that will be awesome.

BUT, for the moment, I'm booked on two cruises: the first was Edge, and then an itinerary including Malta appeared, and we booked on Beyond too.

I didn't cancel Edge yet, but we much prefer the Beyond, because of Malta, and, beside, we got an excellent deal.

Hopefully, you took advantage of the huge drop in prices for Celebrity, till Nov. 1st.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are home!  When we came into the kitchen there sat a big bouquet of flowers left there by our younger daughter with a note that said, Welcome Home.  We love you.

image.thumb.jpeg.12f176a7b94f70742ea58adf9339bb34.jpeg

Welcome home, Sharon and John!  What a great greeting awaited you!

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I just found (after quite a search…curse you Steve Jobs) a photo I took early in the morning at Ft. Lauderdale back in November 2019.

image.thumb.jpeg.18f24f4c95c612de07c0070d22e9e864.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 8.25am 60°F sunny and dry and we are getting ready to go to church.

Only P&O oldest ship  Aurora has a deck 13 which is their (Top) Sun deck.

All their other ships do not have a deck 13.

Graham.

If I remember right, I believe we were on deck 13 on NCL Breakaway several years ago.🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Saw this on a different site.  Solarium pool is currently closed on Mariner due to stowaways.  

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

I don’t think I have ever heard of this before on a cruise ship.  Although I may of been tempted to try it this last cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t think I have ever heard of this before on a cruise ship.  Although I may of been tempted to try it this last cruise.

Poor guy that was sent out there to vacuum up all those bees.  I know when that happens here, they try to relocate them and not kill them, not really an option on a ship.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I haven't met anyone who lost their Brooklyn/NY accent. The chocolate ices my friends and I bought were not on the boardwalk.  There was a tiny shop one block away from the boardwalk close to the EL.  Not sure why Bay 3 was so popular.  Maybe because it was close to the EL station.  BTW the EL was the elevated subway.

Hirsch's knishes...............swoon!

image.jpeg.0ce3777c9a16efc57ce389ef5797027c.jpeg

Bonnie,do you remember the Good Humor Man selling ice cream on the beach ? None of my friends and relatives who lived in Brooklyn still sound as though they lived there.

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Dani , you are a linguist .  How many languages do you speak ?  Your written English is perfect .  I only knew that because French was my first language which I don’t speak anymore.   

Those old British series are hilarious eg Waiting for God and Faulty Towers. 

Faulty Towers is great.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Lenny, thinking of and praying for you and your family🙏
On a lighter note, we have accents in New York???😳

Thanks,Marietta.I am proud to speak fluent Brooklynese.

I have a 91 year old friend who I worked with for many years. She is an Italian woman who was born in England and lived in Italy before coming to the US.She has a British accent,an Italian Accent and a NY accent.She lived in Queens when we worked together.Presently she lives in Florida .

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, that will be awesome.

BUT, for the moment, I'm booked on two cruises: the first was Edge, and then an itinerary including Malta appeared, and we booked on Beyond too.

I didn't cancel Edge yet, but we much prefer the Beyond, because of Malta, and, beside, we got an excellent deal.

Hopefully, you took advantage of the huge drop in prices for Celebrity, till Nov. 1st.

Yes ours is on Beyond, and it was Malta that swayed it for us too.

We booked with our airline interline travel agents (your son who works in airlines may know) they offer the basic cruise without the 

'Always included' extras, though we did prepay gratuities. We get the Elite happy hour drinks, otherwise we'll just pay as we go.

For a brand new ship we were happy with the price, much better than Wonder OTS which we were also looking at

The airline travel agent doesn't offer refundable deposits though.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

He was not as good as the CD promised he would be in my opinion.What was your opinion of him ?

We had fun and thought it was worth going to see once.  He was good about keeping the energy up.  The songs he sings are not my favorite.  I prefer classic rock.  They did over sale him.  Sometimes we enjoy things better when expectations are not overblown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had fun and thought it was worth going to see once.  He was good about keeping the energy up.  The songs he sings are not my favorite.  I prefer classic rock.  They did over sale him.  Sometimes we enjoy things better when expectations are not overblown.

I find it very rare to find a good classic rock singer or band on a cruise.When we were on The Anthem in 2019 we saw The Royal Swedes in a lounge .They were taking audience requests and were not familiar with the three classic rock songs that I requested.They did say that they would try and learn them before the end of the cruise .We went back to hear them several times,they did not sing the songs and I never said anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Yes ours in on Beyond, and it was Malta that swayed it for us too.

That's great, Sue !!! 🌷

I was sure that, living in Europe, you've already been to Malta.

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We booked with our airline interline travel agents (your son who works in airlines may know)

Son was "temporary" [a 5 years contract only], terminated at December 31st, 2019. This was his 2nd contract. You can go back after a break of 3 years. So he knew what he was getting into.... 

In hindsight, his colleagues, the few of them who were switched from "temporary" to "tenure" [usually, sons/daughters of cockpit crew], are laid off, and he is working.... Who knew that in a matter of 2 months, Covid will strike 😢

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Bonnie,do you remember the Good Humor Man selling ice cream on the beach ? None of my friends and relatives who lived in Brooklyn still sound as though they lived there.

Lenny, the only ice cream man I remember used to carry his ice cream cooler on the sand shouting "get your ice cold fudgy wudgy here".

All of my exNY friends and those I meet originally from NY, tawwk just like me. 😁 

Jack is in the USA over 50 years and still sounds like an Israeli in Tel Aviv.  He introduces himself as "Jock" and people think he's French. 🤣

• Like 3