Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Our B2B was 10 and 11 days. We mostly cruise on whatever is sailing from FLL . It is a 45 minute  drive from here.

Now that I think about it,  Serenade was probably on alternating 10 and 11 day cruises when we had our 5 day cruise.  The charter after us was probably 5 days rather than 4.  Makes sense to repeat every 21 days.  The upset people were those who had their B2B2B2B (etc.) interrupted.  We were told that was common on Serenade.

I have been enjoying all of your recent updates and photos. 

We just (again) visited Saratoga Springs NY for a couple days.  Yesterday we drove up to the

Lake George area and stopped at the Sagamore "Inn" aka Resort for lunch. Some photos below. 

Best wishes for a beautiful holiday season. 

28205.jpeg

28203.jpeg

20201212_143033.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Pulled that money back out right away to pay on Viking river cruise 23 day cruise in 2023.  Sorry RCI...your loss.  

I saw a show on tv last night about Viking cruises. Looks fabulous.

Sometimes the ships (boats?) have to double park at a pier and you have to walk through another ship to get to the pier. My friend went on a river cruise and had to do that once. On the way back to her ship they had enough time to have drinks with those on the "cut through" ship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Our 2nd lock down started mid Sept., just before the month of Jewish Holidays (New Year, Yom Kippur, etc.). Travel outside 1 Km was allowed after this month. Hotels, restaurants, museums, art, gym/pools -- still closed.

I think Bella would have managed this C-19 crisis much better than the clowns in our "C-19 cabinet"...

Last week they were looking to limit the number of gatherings for the upcoming holidays - Hanukkah (8 days), then X-mas and NYE... until beginning of January.

The PM decided on a 12h curfew (6PM-6AM) and his "yes men" agreed, even if the medical professionals said there is no benefit in curfews.. .

Along came the AG and said that u can't limit the freedom of movement of a whole country without the Ministry of Health recommendation (which the Ministry didn't grant).

One long curfew down the drain...

Still, the clowns didn't give up... May be a curfew only for the Hanukkah's period??  The Police said they can't enforce -- not enough man power.

So here we are, with daily raising # of cases (1800 as of today), and nothing is done about it. "They" will revaluate when the # will hit 2500.... 

Sorry to hear that things are so chaotic.  I know it's a difficult situation, but you would like to think someone who asked to lead a country would step up.  I'm not saying I could make these decisions, but I'm not asking anyone to put me in charge.  Hope the vaccine will be all we need it to be, and they can figure out how to distribute it efficiently.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Just for grins,  I looked up our 2019 cruises, and we had 49 days, including a 15 day TA, Tampa to Amsterdam.  We hit the  sea running with 21 days on Serenade this year January into February.  Had 4 more cruises booked this year that got canceled, and 3 next year on Odyssey. 

Not planning any more till this mess settles down. DW is binge watching the Below Deck series on Bravo. 

Nothing about that made me grin.  I feel misled by your first sentence.   😉

Hopefully, your 2021 numbers will be better, and you can average out the 3 year period.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Nate ate the entire plate of coconut macaroons. lol

I’m debating what to bake today...probably chocolate crinkles.

I’ve been on work calls most of the day already so we’ll see.

Clever man.

Those cookies looked too nice to leave any.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've wondered that about many reality shows...especially the shows that make people look like inconsiderate, ignorant fools.  Not sure you could pay me enough to look like some of these people (OK, that's not true).  I guess these people not only don't care how they look, but actually enjoy their 15 minutes of fame.  Many probably happily pay full price to build their social media influencer cred.

I have a friend who owns a production company.  He worked on a Reality Series about 10 years ago.  It was younger people (think college age).  He said there were 2 rules 1. Make sure they always have lots of alcohol at their disposal, and 2. Don't stop filming no matter what.  He said the money paid to his company was good, but after 1 season he couldn't take it anymore.  I'm sure some of the people don't care how they look, but in many cases it is edited out of order and they are cherry picking the worst moments.  They would tape these people 24 hours a day for 3 to 4 weeks.  So 672 hours of tape for 10 to 12 hours of TV.  Lots of hours of them doing nothing and getting along fine. 

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

I have been enjoying all of your recent updates and photos. 

We just (again) visited Saratoga Springs NY for a couple days.  Yesterday we drove up to the

Lake George area and stopped at the Sagamore "Inn" aka Resort for lunch. Some photos below. 

Best wishes for a beautiful holiday season. 

Many fond memories of this area and the Inn.  Thanks for posting. Still beautiful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Nate ate the entire plate of coconut macaroons. lol

I’m debating what to bake today...probably chocolate crinkles.

I’ve been on work calls most of the day already so we’ll see.

Of course he did.  My goal is to get through baking this year and keep my raw cookie dough intake to a minimum. 

Have you ever baked lace cookies?  FYI, they mean Almond flour.  Tried substituting and it was not a good result.  

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/lace-cookies/

12 minutes ago, Domino D said:

FYI, they mean Almond flour.  Tried substituting and it was not a good result.  

Those cookies look great, I'd like to give them a try.

With what did you try to substitute?

I was thinking to make a powder of white almonds instead of using almond flour (I never heard of almond flour...).

Just now, dani negreanu said:

I was thinking to make a powder of white almonds instead of using almond flour (I never heard of almond flour...).

I used regular flour, but it changed the texture and taste.  I think if you get the almond powder fine enough, should work. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

They make pancakes with almond flour on the ships.  They never let me order pancakes because of my tree nut allergy! No waffles either.  Lucky I always mention my allergy no matter what I order.

• Like 2

Well, I broke the garage door opener yesterday. John replaced it today. He had to go back to pick up 2 more remotes as the old ones weren't compatible. And now he has to replace the automatic closer since that's not compatible.

I had a habit of forgetting to close the garage door. Half of the garage is storage (projects) for the antique shop so he put in something that auttomatically closes the door after 5 minutes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, I broke the garage door opener yesterday. John replaced it today. He had to go back to pick up 2 more remotes as the old ones weren't compatible. And now he has to replace the automatic closer since that's not compatible.

I had a habit of forgetting to close the garage door. Half of the garage is storage (projects) for the antique shop so he put in something that auttomatically closes the door after 5 minutes.

Good that when the door was open and nothing was stolen. Great that now he put in something that automatically closes the door. Safer. Lite snow today!

26 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm still having issues with Alexa and the NEXX controler. Truth be told, I haven’t tried any of the fixes that customer service suggested.

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I saw a show on tv last night about Viking cruises. Looks fabulous.

Sometimes the ships (boats?) have to double park at a pier and you have to walk through another ship to get to the pier. My friend went on a river cruise and had to do that once. On the way back to her ship they had enough time to have drinks with those on the "cut through" ship.

The European river cruises are indeed in a class by themselves.  Definitely not the cheapest way to go...but wow.  Total spoilage.    😉 

Have been on 3 different river cruises...this will be the first on Viking.  

• Like 2