Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The "usual" worries.... Corona and its never ending variants.

DS1 finally got a 2 weeks vacation approved after the last 18 months of work (he flew with like minded surfing [3 girl] friends) to Sri Lanka last Wednesday. Friday morning it was decided that fully vaccinated (like him) will quarantine 3 days after arrival.... (whereas not fully -- a week). It was not in the plan...

He flew via Istanbul, and now there is talk to stop all flights arriving from Turkey, since Turkey is a big hub connection from all over the world, South Africa included.

What else?

Looking at our grandkids and wondering about the world they're growing up into, masked teachers and all. And the formerly country of the Shah, which doesn't like "us" in the region, along with the surrounding neighbors, and when the next round of hostilities will erupt.

I'm so sorry to hear of the many worries you are experiencing, Dani.  Once I became a mother, the worries began.  It surely continues when the grandchildren arrive.

Praying that all goes well with DS1 and that he can enjoy his long awaited vacation and return home without any unexpected delays.   Damn this Virus and it's many variations.

Praying for you and your family, Dani, that there may be Peace for you and your grandchildren🙏

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Your worries, which are very real, eclipse 99% of mine. 
There is no answer for them, either, except to follow my husband’s advice, which doesn’t work for me. 
He always says “Don’t worry about anything you have no control over”.

Easier said than done. 

+1   Well said, Mimi.  Jim always tells me the same thing

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Enjoy your day.  I do believe Elizabeth is meant to be your new baby.

Yes indeed.

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Well, it sounds like "Lizzy" may be in for a real treat;  she'll be getting a loving home with loving parents

Best of luck, Greg!  It sounds like Lizzy is just what you, Linda, and Jonathan are needing this Christmas😉!

I cried when I met her.

3 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Greg,  How long would you have to wait before you could bring "Lizzy" home?

She's 5 weeks old and the breeder says she should be ready by 8 weeks which would be December 23rd. Breeder says she wants to make sure the puppy is ready and weaned off her mother. I told her take her time even if it's after Christmas. I want it done right.

+ 1 

+2  ... and, don't forget Kylar the cat 

I'm wondering too 

@Sea Dog

Mimi, I couldn't have said it better....

Details below.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, stay positive and strong.
Good luck Greg, sounds like that puppy was meant for you.

Graham, happy you have your date. 

Things happen for a reason.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

If all goes well, looks like Lizzy will soon be part of a loving home.

My favorite saying:  A coincidence is a small miracle where G-d chose to remain anonymous.

For those wondering, that hyphenated name is not a typo.  Just how I was taught.

So true, so true.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not strange at all,Greg.It was meant to be.😀

I think so Lenny

• Like 10

On 11/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, jagsfan said:

Just be happy you’re a Floridian. 
If the quick way is a mess, we know how to move over to other roads. 

We ended up taking the scenic route.  Thought we were still early...then found out the garage had already filled up, and had to park in the open lot.  Lots of pax already checking in way ahead of us, even with an early check in time.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Coming soon hopefully on December 23rd, Meet our newest family member,

Elizabeth or "Lizzy" as we will call her.

OMG, OMG, OMG, Greg!  She is precious!  Congratulations on the newest addition to your family!!!

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@island lady

I was looking at your pictures (time share west of Orlando) on the top floor. Is it OK to ask and would you care to share what place is this or the name of the resort or give me some kind of hint please? We are looking to rent something similar in January.

I am a little wary of time shares. We rented one at the Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando (directly through Marriott) and it was not up to standards. Perhaps I was expecting too much. On the other hand, we have rented vacation condos in Kissimmee via Vrbo and Air BnB and have been very happy. Just wanted a different scenery this time so am asking.

No problem.  We had to use up a time share credit with RCI.  This was the Exploria resort, Summer Bay Orlando on 192 near state road 27.  Big resort, some quirks...but basically a nice place and very welcoming.  Publix grocery right next door.  😉 

Actually we own at Sheraton Vistana.  Have owned that unit for almost 45 years...when time share was an unheard of thing.  We have only stayed there twice since owning it.  Use it in the RCI system to exchange all over the world.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Glad to hear that you got the appointment,Graham even though it is Christmas Eve.Hopefully it is early in the day.

Thank you Lenny.

I must have got a cancellation but I am glad to have the opportunity to get rid of the basal cell carcinoma on the side of my brow.

Graham.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 9:22 AM, helen haywood said:

We’re driving I-95 to 595 to Park ‘N’ Go.  If you see a white Tahoe, wave!

We are at PC...but will be doing the 595 in Ft. Lauderdale end of January for Odyssey.  😉 

And yes, we use Park "N" Go as well.  Plus use it in Orlando.  Love their credit days, and very thoughtful with the bottles of water on exiting.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Time to sit back and chill. Maybe someday the stars and moon will line up. At least we share the same passion and attuited concerning cruises. 🍷

Standing on the balcony when we got up in the middle of the night to smell the fresh sea air, glance up at the moon and stars, and feel the sea wind in our hair.....we both hugged and commented about how wonderful it was to be back on a ship again.  🥰

Going to enjoy this next 2 weeks!  🤗

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Standing on the balcony when we got up in the middle of the night to smell the fresh sea air, glance up at the moon and stars, and feel the sea wind in our hair.....we both hugged and commented about how wonderful it was to be back on a ship again.  🥰

Going to enjoy this next 2 weeks!  🤗

Waaaay over due. 🍷

• Like 3

Thanks, Judy. 

Thanks, Sue & Graham.

The "usual" worries.... Corona and its never ending variants.

DS1 finally got a 2 weeks vacation approved after the last 18 months of work (he flew with like minded surfing [3 girl] friends) to Sri Lanka last Wednesday. Friday morning it was decided that fully vaccinated (like him) will quarantine 3 days after arrival.... (whereas not fully -- a week). It was not in the plan...

He flew via Istanbul, and now there is talk to stop all flights arriving from Turkey, since Turkey is a big hub connection from all over the world, South Africa included.

What else?

Looking at our grandkids and wondering about the world they're growing up into, masked teachers and all. And the formerly country of the Shah, which doesn't like "us" in the region, along with the surrounding neighbors, and when the next round of hostilities will erupt.

A sample....

@grapau27

+1 

I'm so sorry your lovely family and country have to live with the continuing threat from your neighbours.

Prayers 🙏 for you all.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Waaaay over due. 🍷

Yes it is indeed.  Felt like newbies again...been too long!  And of course many things have changed with Covid protocols.  We somehow are making due though.  😉 

My biggest problem is walking off out of the cabin, or from our dining table, and forgetting my mask.  😮   Just not used to wearing it again.   Quick turn around once I got too far.  Our cabin attendant getting a kick out of the wild collection of them I have.  😄 

• Like 3

@island lady I got the SS application completed today.  Thanks for your input.  Now I need patience while waiting for approval.

Great to see y’all back to cruising.  Isn’t it so nice to walk out on the balcony and enjoy.  May your journey be safe and full of joy.  If the internet allows, please share some pics.

• Like 3