Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Oh, we had all of 3 stations when I was growing up.  We had a tv antenna rotor, so you could turn the dial to aim the antenna. 

3B5C8AF4-E01B-4F7F-A238-09211DE0A280.thumb.jpeg.9b25eb00c530182d9591f8f15e4cd01a.jpeg

We are taking care of our daughter’s cat Lucy, while they are off having winter fun this weekend.  When my son-in-law went to Walmart for some cat food, this is what he found. 

85B81353-270F-4615-96D3-7CACF7B7ADBD.thumb.jpeg.b97cc29c3d8c1b07bc92b504d1a6a115.jpeg

So far, Lucy doesn’t seem concerned.  

4512A44C-5C18-4BF6-82CE-09FA4BAEADD4.thumb.jpeg.fbc5be2874403796549e8a973d77156f.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DS2 and his family asked for latkes.... DH happily complied 😁

[A latke is a type of potato pancake or fritter in Ashkenazi Jewish cuisine that is traditionally prepared to celebrate Hanukkah. ]

245f64e8-9261-445f-9c82-e52fdaff77d8.thumb.JPG.20aa8bbca43b20dd0e2fb5d42cd674d9.JPG

I am not Jewish but whenever we had leftover mashed potatoes my Mom used to make a version of Latkes and I still do too.   My kids have loved them.    sometimes I would add chives and a little shredded cheese.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Oh, we had all of 3 stations when I was growing up.  We had a tv antenna rotor, so you could turn the dial to aim the antenna. 

3B5C8AF4-E01B-4F7F-A238-09211DE0A280.thumb.jpeg.9b25eb00c530182d9591f8f15e4cd01a.jpeg

We are taking care of our daughter’s cat Lucy, while they are off having winter fun this weekend.  When my son-in-law went to Walmart for some cat food, this is what he found. 

4512A44C-5C18-4BF6-82CE-09FA4BAEADD4.thumb.jpeg.fbc5be2874403796549e8a973d77156f.jpeg

We also had one of those tv rotors.     

Lucy is a Beautiful girl. 

I have found a shortage of fancy feast cans at all the stores near me.   the Pet Supplies Plus store near me has the best selection so far.    Chewy.com was my go to but they have stocking issues too.     

• Like 1

There’s a lyric in a Randy Travis song that says:  “It’s not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it’s what you leave behind you when you go.”

Don’t remember if I posted this …this was Minnie the day before we left for the Edge cruise…

image.thumb.jpeg.10e840d96ecd2150761fc4d6037381b0.jpeg

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 13

15 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We tested negative for covid today and board Harmony on Sunday. So excited to be cruising!

Have a great cruise. Time to get the party started.

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Road Runner was awesome.

Road Runner was my favorite, but I also was a big Jonny Quest fan.

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

I Believe In Father Christmas...Greg Lake

One of my favorites of all time.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha likes looking out the window.  The cat pen which has a cat door opening into it is right there.  She hasn't quite figured out the cat door yet so she watches the other cats but it won't be long because she is very smart.

797781309_Samantha22.thumb.jpeg.ceec1ec2612e96cbae1ec682cd337263.jpeg

She is so beautiful. I love that tail. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Yes.

Their Doo-wop style was different.

Their highest single You belong to me reached number 6 on the billboard hot 100 in 1962. 

Graham.

I worked with a girl friend of Joey many years ago.He came to the office on Friday afternoons to take her home.He sang for her and her co workers .At times some of us sang along with him.He was a great guy and became a good friend to me.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Of course, Lenny!😉

Joey had what I call a pure voice.He was able to sing in every genre.That is very rare.The only comparable to that is a guy that I went to HS with who was in a doo wop group in the 50’s and later on sang with the Metropolitan Opera.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sure, but there will still be someone who is going to report whoever it was that was harassing them and it is just more work for those that run this board.  I am sure the TA issue is part of it too as some boards on other social media sites have issues with TA who send PM trying to recruit new clients.  Whatever the reasoning, their board, their rules.  If someone really needs to get in touch with another poster, there are ways to do it without having to join another site.

As I said two people posted their e-mail addresses on CC but not everyone will do that

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The latkes were so tasty, they were gone in a jiffy...

Luckily, there was a gazpacho, a meat balls stew and my [very tasty] chocolate cake to supplement them 😉

IMG_6671.jpg

I suspect that chocolate cake will be gone in a jiffy too.    Looks rich and creamy, delicious!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Born in 1964 & grew up in northern NYC suburbs  and got 7: The 3 major networks - CBS (Ch2), NBC (Ch 4) and ABC (Ch 7) as well as local stations WNEW (Ch5), WOR (Ch9) and WPIX (Ch11). And PBS (Ch13) but that was only good for Sesame Street & Electric Company. Once in a while if weather condions were good, we could pick up Hartford, CT CBS on Ch3 which was weird b/c it wasn't in sync with NYC CBS.

I watched too much TV as a kid.

I did too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd put Celine in my top 5 female singers along with Adele, Whitney Houston, and Barbra Streisand.  I'll only list 4 here to leave room for someone who I may have missed.  Maybe Christina Aguilera?  Maybe Lady Gaga?  Maybe Aretha Franklin?  I'm judging based purely on vocal tone, range, clarity and power.  

My top 5 favorite female singers are Whitney Houston,Barbra Streisand ,Grace Slick,Janis Joplin and one that nobody has ever heard of Melissa League.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not Jewish but whenever we had leftover mashed potatoes my Mom used to make a version of Latkes and I still do too.   My kids have loved them.    sometimes I would add chives and a little shredded cheese.

We have been eating Toby’s home made cheese and also potato latkes all week.I love them.

• Like 2