Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I see the St. Kitts restrictions and Thenford Grey tours were well covered. I should have read further before adding my unneeded posts.🙄

Don't worry, it adds to your post count.  Just like my unnecessary reply here.

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We had Moderna for all three doses and never even got a sore arm!

My sister-in-law had Pfizer and had a bad reaction to her first shot and her booster, but not the second shot!

I don’t think it’s the vaccine, I think it’s the system of the person getting it. 
And your system can react differently sometimes to the same medication. 

I think you're right.  Different reactions to different vaccines from different people.

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no I totally forgot to record.

It will almost certainly be broadcast again.  It's streaming on Paramount Plus if you have access, and will probably be on YouTube once ViacomCBS decides that they've gotten enough out of it on the Paramount Plus network.  Paramount Plus has a 30 day free trial if interested.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Talking about reality shows, each year we have Strictly Come Dancing (like your Dancing with the Stars).  This year it was won by the most amazing young actor who is also deaf. So she can't hear the music.

In her showdance the stopped the music for a few minutes in the middle so we can appreciate what it is like for her.  She absolutely won our hearts.

BBC News - Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Final watched by 11 million people
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59719398

Thanks for sharing.  Unfortunately, clicking on the videos in your link gives me a message saying that the video isn't available at my location.  Would have been very interesting to watch.  I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.

Found it on YouTube.  Very impressive.  Any idea if Rose is completely deaf?  Did they do anything to help her "feel" the beat of the music or did she just practice a lot and take her cue from her partner?  I actually thought for a second that there was a technical glitch when the music stopped.  Dancers are trained to keep dancing in case the music comes back after a couple of seconds.  Thanks again for sharing this.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many years ago my fathers best friend was working in a NY recording studio.A young man came to record a demo.Somehow my fathers friend had the demo.I don’t know if they did not think the singer had talent or exactly what the reason was.My fathers friend gave the demo to my father and  I still have it The singers name was Anthony Benedetto.Later on he signed with Columbia Records and became Tony Bennett.

Wow, Lenny, what a treasure! 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Found it on YouTube.  Very impressive.  Any idea if Rose is completely deaf?  Did they do anything to help her "feel" the beat of the music or did she just practice a lot and take her cue from her partner?  I actually thought for a second that there was a technical glitch when the music stopped.  Dancers are trained to keep dancing in case the music comes back after a couple of seconds.  Thanks again for sharing this.

My daughter danced in a group that included two hearing impaired girls. 
Neither of them could hear anything, but they could feel the beat of the music  through their feet. No one watching could have guessed they couldn’t hear the music. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Beautiful location. 

Great food and drink. Their ribs were very tasty.

And the beach, well you be the judge of that. 😂 

1589206660_TIMOTHYHILLPANO.thumb.jpg.db79f1e80db04f8bbf0d7c1ff916fb2a.jpg

The drive to Carambola Beach Club is gorgeous as you go up "Timothy Hill." You can see the Atlantic ocean on one side and the Caribbean on the other side.

1030137516_ATLANTICANDCARIBBEAN.thumb.jpg.6e0c96afb26759a5b1780fb87c9fc4ad.jpg

The beach was really nice. Not rocky in the water either just sand.

1382344557_CARAMBOLABEACH2.thumb.jpg.383d633bcf79c4f35737b5236afca8de.jpg

1210468941_CARAMBOLABEACH3.thumb.jpg.f401a1c8a5b195bf71387af8dfe4b8a4.jpg

175132421_CARAMBOLABEACH4.thumb.jpg.625413ef5dea97b31026d82771fd9fee.jpg

Had the best drink there too. A "Dirty Banana." Rum, Coffee Liqueur, Creme de Banana and Fresh Bananas. Very tasty.

CARAMBOLA BEACH CLUB.jpg

TIMOTHY HILL ATLANTIC SIDE.jpg

• Like 15

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thenford also brings you to the Brimstone Fortress which has amazing views and is a fun place to explore if you like forts which I do.

Agree. The views from above were simply amazing. DH took loads of pics, posting just a few --

DSC_2882.thumb.JPG.dc8f557afa4492e79cf9027cac422d91.JPG

DSC_2884.thumb.JPG.bc50ad379d204a6e97e26dff266a5366.JPG

DSC_2888.thumb.JPG.7d6d4db5609d5a13a8ac2e3b67fe25c3.JPG

DSC_2889.thumb.JPG.c6f9940b686055384f60bb354bcd2868.JPG

DSC_2898.thumb.JPG.71a9b4285efba83501e8ed1fabffdcb7.JPG

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

My husband has his father's old Mercedes, bought new from the factory in Germany when they were stationed there in the late 60s.  His dad passed away 35 years ago and the car has travelled with us from house to house all our married life.  He keeps saying he's going to restore it but never seems to get round to it.  So it just sits, rusting away but he just can't bring himself to get rid of it. 

Maybe I  should encourage him more to get the restoration done. 

DH and I are keen followers of your TV show -- Car SOS. Did you give it a try? I don't remember they have restored many Mercedes...

@Ozark_Kid

In another era (2017) we took the tour in a small van - 8 or 9 persons. They "divided" us according to the post-excursion plans... We were in one that didn't go to a beach at the end.

We were fortunate to have Clay, Thenford's brother as a guide. He is a teacher, and it was the first time that I understood every thing a guide said -- excellent diction and a passion for his island.

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The drive to Carambola Beach Club is gorgeous as you go up "Timothy Hill." You can see the Atlantic ocean on one side and the Caribbean on the other side.

1030137516_ATLANTICANDCARIBBEAN.thumb.jpg.6e0c96afb26759a5b1780fb87c9fc4ad.jpg

The beach was really nice. Not rocky in the water either just sand.

1382344557_CARAMBOLABEACH2.thumb.jpg.383d633bcf79c4f35737b5236afca8de.jpg

1210468941_CARAMBOLABEACH3.thumb.jpg.f401a1c8a5b195bf71387af8dfe4b8a4.jpg

175132421_CARAMBOLABEACH4.thumb.jpg.625413ef5dea97b31026d82771fd9fee.jpg

Had the best drink there too. A "Dirty Banana." Rum, Coffee Liqueur, Creme de Banana and Fresh Bananas. Very tasty.

CARAMBOLA BEACH CLUB.jpg

TIMOTHY HILL ATLANTIC SIDE.jpg

We stayed in St Kitts a few times , it was one of our first vacations a few years before we got married in the late 1980’s , our resort was walking distance to two beaches one had black sand ( from volcano ash’s)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, derorim said:

@Sea DogI want to try making your Old Fashioned recipe, but I can't get Meletti Amaro in Virginia.  Can you suggest any substitutions?

I'm sorry you can't find it. I did find this information. Something should work out of this list.

WHAT ARE THE 7 BEST AMARO SUBSTITUTES? | CUISINEVAULT

From cuisinevault.com

Gammel Dansk. Gammel Dansk is a type of bitters that originated from Denmark back in 1961. The recipe for this product comprises 29 different herbs and spices including seville, cinnamon, ginger, and star anise.

Bonal Gentiane Quina. Bonal is a moderately sweet aperitif that is an infusion of herbs like cinchona bark and gentian added to a fortified wine base.

Chartreuse. Chartreuse has a unique sweet taste that is also pungent and spicy. It has a strong herbaceous flavor profile and is best compared to herbal liqueurs like Liquore Strega or Galliano.

Cynar 70. Cynar 70 is another bitter-tasting liqueur that has a range of flavor notes from orange peel and dark chocolate through to cinnamon. This product is similar to Jägermeister and has a much higher proof than Campari or similar amari.

Chinotto. Chinotto is Italy’s answer to Coke and is a good non-alcoholic option for replacing amaro. It is produced from the juice of the myrtle-leaved orange tree and has a bittersweet taste.

Angostura Bitters. Angostura Bitters is a popular ingredient used in mixology and is a concentrated form of bitter-tasting liquid. Although this product contains alcohol, only a few drops are required to flavor a drink.

Vermouth. Dry vermouth differs from other amari in that it is a wine-based aperitif rather than being grain-based. It has a strong citrus flavor and is also sweeter than your average bottle of amaro.

• Like 1

Just now, derorim said:

Thanks!  Off I go to see what I can find.  🙂 

Most high end liquor stores should have it. Might have to call around. I hope you can find it. I made the Sea Dog Old Fashioned last night while watching Christmas movies. Definitely put the spirit in Christmas.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, derorim said:

Unfortunately, they can't ship to Virginia.  I think it's against our state law.  

Oh no that's too bad. I wish you lived near me. I could get a bottle and drive it to you. Keep looking I hope you can get it.

• Like 2

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Oh no that's too bad. I wish you lived near me. I could get a bottle and drive it to you. Keep looking I hope you can get it.

Thanks.  It's been a long time since I lived in Missouri - born in Jeff City, also lived in St. Louis area when I was 16.  That was quite a long time ago!

• Like 1

Kind of noisy around here today as we are having a section of the driveway and sidewalk and step replaced because of crumbling concrete and sinking. Looked into mud jacking and poly lift but they were almost as expensive as the concrete job. Extra rebar being added so it will last. Very expensive but needed to be done. Good thing we are not having company over till after Christmas.

IMG-7535.thumb.jpg.a0e8248fe8e37ec0f7d75503940b5e19.jpg

IMG-7536.thumb.jpg.c8962c21f5073014024ad0f555bff1b0.jpg

Sidewalk.thumb.jpeg.a1c57a77f38b48a2bf1fa4db2198ec0a.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

@derorim - I didn't find it until my 4th liquor store.  I was surprised that the ABC Liquor store near me didn't have it.  ABC is a chain of about 200 stores that are generally larger with a better selection.  I found it in a smaller, local store.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Were you guys (and @John&LaLa) Pfizer or Moderna?  I think I remember there being more reactions to Moderna (which we got) than Pfizer for the original shots.  I wonder if that's true for the boosters.

Jim and I both had the Moderna shots, as well as the Moderna Booster, with no reaction whatsoever, other than a little sore arm that didn't cause us to lose any sleep over.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Dan is going to the Green Bay Packer game Christmas Day.  He WAS a HUGE Packer's fan and a friend that is heading up there for the game has graciously offered to spread a bit of Dan at Lambeau Field.  How cool is that!!

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope he has a great time!

+2 🥰. And such a kind gesture. I'm sure it somehow easies your mood.

Any plans of spreading a bit when on a cruise?

• Like 3