Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Not sure if I should be concerned or not!   We got a dining table change that we did not request.  

Someone did post that they transferred 26 positive crew members to  Vision this morning at CocoCay, before they let Odyssey come dock. I did see a crew member with a list, and a stack of passports and vac cards. 

Will see if we have a new waitstaff.   I hope not. Most of the crew have been wearing KN95 masks or double masks. 

Stay safe.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just realized that you and Arzeena will be on the same cruise .Have you ever met her on a previous cruise?

Toby and I were on several cruises with her and her husband.They are very nice people.

Lenny, we decided not to sail on the Anthem 1/9 cruise. Lots of not following protocols which I was extremely unhappy with with, lots of dissatisfaction, crew/staff problems,  so we decided to try another ship and give this this one a break for a bit.

Edited by Arzeena

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just realized that you and Arzeena will be on the same cruise .Have you ever met her on a previous cruise?

Toby and I were on several cruises with her and her husband.They are very nice people.

We were suppose to be on the same cruise but Arzeena switched to a sailing out of FL where I will be sailing on Anthem.      Marietta and Charlie @DaniDanielle will be joining us on Jan 20th and will be the first time we will meet in person.   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

wow fantastic photos. So the deer come to your house for snacks/dinner. Love the animals.

Yes, I figured the deer wouldn't get much to eat tonight with the snow covering everything so I put out some shelled corn for them to eat tonight.

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous!  The new Gazebo looks very nice lite up.    Do you have a lighted christmas tree in the Gazebo?

Yes, right now there a green blow-up Christmas tree in there, but the wind is blowing kind of hard right now and is blowing over the tree a little bit making it hard to see right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Nope, but not sure how valid that statement is.

Other than the person that is throwing their food containers loosely out their door it doesn't look as bad as I thought it was going to look.  All the other rooms have just one red bag outside their doors.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I figured the deer wouldn't get much to eat tonight with the snow covering everything so I put out some shelled corn for them to eat tonight.

Yes, right now there a green blow-up Christmas tree in there, but the wind is blowing kind of hard right now and is blowing over the tree a little bit making it hard to see right now.

Very nice!      It is pretty to look at but I am so happy that we didn't get anything as I don't want to be shoveling this week.  It can snow while we are away🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The dining staff was all still working, and they were equally perplexed as to why they would be moving us.   We kept our same table.  

Tonight’s dinner. 

311DF035-1705-4E64-A0AD-D599EDB41AD4.thumb.jpeg.5e1dcc25671e471d46b33c02c0cdf56f.jpeg

CB7F4541-427A-4321-800C-C2063409FA07.thumb.jpeg.c7c9b46f75456fd2013507f532b56660.jpeg

our first towel animal appeared, curtesy of Michael Douglas our cabin steward.  Guess the movie business is slow, and Michael needed the work. 😂😂

8DE9C0EF-2A0B-4D90-8138-91AEFD1C2F27.thumb.jpeg.cef3ac7e1c85460c195d7677047feb72.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Some winter scenes from today and tonight

@Jimboyour snow is beautiful, and I really like the lighted gazebo.  It's nice that you feed the deer.  In our part of Virginia we got "conversational snow" for about 3 hours this afternoon.  It was pretty as lots of flakes were being blown horizontally in the strong winds, but there was zero accumulation.  However, the roads are wet from the 4+ inches of rain we got prior to the snow, and it's dipping into the 20s tonight.  Because of that, the roads will probably by icy, and schools are opening 2 hours late tomorrow morning.  It doesn't take much to shut us down!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Watching.

Heather is so annoying.

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not sure what to say about that episode other than, I am really not liking this crew much.

Rayna is getting on my nerves too. She should have been upfront with Heather when they talked instead of seething about the incident later. She could have used it as a teaching opportunity. She is a bit too two faced for my liking.

I was surprised that Rachel behaved herself at the beach party. She was set on not drinking and she didn't.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Rayna is getting on my nerves too. She should have been upfront with Heather when they talked instead of seething about the incident later. She could have used it as a teaching opportunity. She is a bit too two faced for my liking.

I was surprised that Rachel behaved herself at the beach party. She was set on not drinking and she didn't.

Heather has apologized twice now, time for Rayna to do her job and stop acting like a brat.  She doesn't have to like her but she does have to at least acknowledge her when they are working together.  They both could have handled the situation better.

As far as Rachel, I think she is just depressed over the end of her relationship and is afraid she will lose it if she drinks.  She is swearing more in the galley, so she might be ready to erupt.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you think Below Deck is bad… Lisa just forced me to watch the first episode of the latest Bachelor series. Take my eyes.  OK, maybe not my eyes, but how about my ears. 😂

It will probably stick in your memory bank, pushing something important out. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, derorim said:

@Jimboyour snow is beautiful, and I really like the lighted gazebo.  It's nice that you feed the deer.  In our part of Virginia we got "conversational snow" for about 3 hours this afternoon.  It was pretty as lots of flakes were being blown horizontally in the strong winds, but there was zero accumulation.  However, the roads are wet from the 4+ inches of rain we got prior to the snow, and it's dipping into the 20s tonight.  Because of that, the roads will probably by icy, and schools are opening 2 hours late tomorrow morning.  It doesn't take much to shut us down!,

The snow was a quite a surprise because two nights before it was 65 degrees at 8pm. Tomorrow morning it is suppose to get down to 15 degrees.

Sure is crazy weather here in Southwest Virginia.

You must be northeast of us where you got mostly rain toward the shoreline.

We have only been here for 11 months( moved from NJ) and it sure is funny down here. School closing and late openings was announced the night before and not even one flake had fallen yet. It was pouring down rain and 50 degrees. They called from 5 to 10 inches of snow.

So it wasn't to bad just getting 5 inches of heavy wet snow, wasn't a problem though I have a John Deere Tractor with a Snow Plow, went out for about an hour and half, plowed off my driveway and 4 of my neighbors driveways. It was fun!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6