Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

After hours being on hold with the call center, we finally managed to get the 2 appointments for the Pfizer vaccine (January 3rd and 24th).

Sometimes, just sometimes and very rarely, it "pays" to be over 60....

Huge amount of people wanting to get the vaccine, it allayed the fears that there will be no cooperation!!!

Even CNN noticed the celebrations in a big hospital in Tel Aviv, when the staff got the vaccine....

Vaccine.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Speaking of lockdown. Been riding back and forth a lot on I95 from 40 to LPGA in order to get to storage. Non stop NY/NJ tags heading South. I think it started after the big snow event last week. 

On my way to doctors appointment on I-95 down here, spotted two car carriers headed south, that had cars with up north tags on them (car transport service).  Theeeerrreee coming!!  😮  And indeed most of the cars whizzing by me were up north tags.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Theeeerrreee coming!!  😮  And indeed most of the cars whizzing by me were up north tags.  

Scooch over, Florida is about to get very crowded.  Hope they brought their share of the vaccine with them.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

Finally cut up one of our ripe Pineapples Bucky grew, which he picked a few days ago.  Cut off it's head, and stuck it in some water for a few days ....before stuffing it into some dirt in a pot later to grow more victims.  😉  

It said "You are going to do WHAT with my body?"....Some got cut up and went into Bucky's tropical rum drink last night, some was cut up and saved for breakfast this morning...but the rest went on this homemade pizza I made, along with Bacon, BBQ chicken, fresh Portobello mushrooms, Italian cheese, fresh shaved Parm cheese, and thin sliced onions.  Yummss!!  Was good!  

20201221_171128.jpg

20201221_171717.jpg

20201221_173547.jpg

That really looks good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We've only spent 1.5 days pre-cruise in Honolulu and then overnight in Maui and Kauai, one stop in BI and Kona.

We fell in love with all those islands, would like very much to return, but getting there is a PITA....☹️

Kauai was lovely.

We did the movie tour.

1 South Pacific island in the background.

2 Blue Hawaii set.

3 where Donovan's Reef was filmed.

IMG_20191125_134032.jpg

IMG_20191125_101021.jpg

IMG_20191125_124608.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Speaking of lockdown. Been riding back and forth a lot on I95 from 40 to LPGA in order to get to storage. Non stop NY/NJ tags heading South. I think it started after the big snow event last week. 

We'll be one of those I95 southbound cars in a couple of weeks (in Ohio for the holidays) but not as far south as you.  We already have our Florida plates so I guess I'm allowed to be mad at the northerners.  😏 Dreading the 2 lane section between I26 and Georgia.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Finally cut up one of our ripe Pineapples Bucky grew, which he picked a few days ago.  Cut off it's head, and stuck it in some water for a few days ....before stuffing it into some dirt in a pot later to grow more victims.  😉  

It said "You are going to do WHAT with my body?"....Some got cut up and went into Bucky's tropical rum drink last night, some was cut up and saved for breakfast this morning...but the rest went on this homemade pizza I made, along with Bacon, BBQ chicken, fresh Portobello mushrooms, Italian cheese, fresh shaved Parm cheese, and thin sliced onions.  Yummss!!  Was good!  

The pizza looks yum, yummy. But I couldn't help noticing the glass of SB perfectly framed in each picture.😉

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We've only spent 1.5 days pre-cruise in Honolulu and then overnight in Maui and Kauai, one stop in BI and Kona.

We fell in love with all those islands, would like very much to return, but getting there is a PITA....☹️

Years ago we went for a week in Maui because DW wanted to go somewhere, and I didn't have a passport. So, I got my passport, so the next year we flew to London, and took a TA from Dover to NY on X Constellation. The next 4 years we flew to Barcelona  and did TA's to Florida.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

My goal is to convince the Boss to go condo.

We thought hard about this when we just bought in Florida.  An oceanfront condo with an upper floor view would be pretty nice (right John?).  We opted instead for more space/bedrooms at the same price. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

My goal is to convince the Boss to go condo.  Then to go urban and have no car, until I can get a self driving one.

We had a nice townhouse in Brookhaven.

Used to take MARTA to Hartsfield 

Stairs were a pain, though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

20201221_171128.jpg

20201221_171717.jpg

20201221_173547.jpg

I've never had luck growing one. What's your best tip?

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We thought hard about this when we just bought in Florida.  An oceanfront condo with an upper floor view would be pretty nice (right John?).  We opted instead for more space/bedrooms at the same price. 

Having both is 👌 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've never had luck growing one. What's your best tip?

Cut green leaves off, leaving 2-3 inches of yellow Pineapple body attached...straight across, or if greenery is tilted...cut on angle.  I stick in the water as pictured for about a week.  Take straight out of water and stick with just the greenery above the dirt in a pot with potting soil (and I use granular time release fertilizer).  Don't over water, and in fact I water the green part (think Bromeliad plant).  They love the direct sun.  

Does take awhile for roots to set in (a few months), and takes a year or two to have first Baby Pineapple show up.  I have my share of failures, can tell when they don't grow...and find the roots never formed...bottom is rotten.  But 90% of ours do make it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1