Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It will be freezing cold here the next three days followed by near 60 degree weather for a few days.

I woke up to about an 1 inch of snow on the ground.    Stopped snowing for about an hour but is really coming down now.     Hoping it stops soon so we can just do a quick a sweep of walkways and driveway.    

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I woke up to about an 1 inch of snow on the ground.    Stopped snowing for about an hour but is really coming down now.     Hoping it stops soon so we can just do a quick a sweep of walkways and driveway.    

Snowing here, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's strange for me also.  I've gone skydiving twice and ziplining multiple times without a problem.  I think I may feel confident enough in the equipment not to worry.  I could stand near a window at the top of the Burj Khalifa with only a little bit of worry, but I could not lean on the glass at all, or even touch it.  I would get this feeling that the glass would somehow fall out and I'd fall out right behind it.  Gives me the chills even typing this.  I have an even greater FOMO (fear of missing out) and will always want to do things like North Star or a helicopter tour with the doors off.  

Airplanes, even two passenger ones, and helicopters  have never bothered me. 
I have looked down between my feet through the plexiglass floor of helicopters. 
Downhill skiing didn’t bother me, but I never got near a scary trail. 
Amazing Race makes my insides literally cringe when they have to rappel down the side of a building or jump off a bridge. 

• Like 3

Yesterday I went to my local Shoprite for weekly food shopping.    I couldn't believe the cat food isle was completely empty!    Someone else standing there in disbelief said they went to Giant Foods and their shelves were bare too.       I then stopped at Petsmart and they have a very limited amount of food, of course none of the flavors my kitties like.      

Chewy.com says out of stock for all their faves too.      Today I will try Pet Supplies Plus and hopefully can find something as I am running out everything for Sparky and Eva.   

Sparky is my picky one, if he doesn't like whatever can I open he walks around meowing non stop till I either open up another can or give you a pile of snacks    I tried to show him a picture of the empty isle in food store but he didn't want to look.    I remind him that he used to live on the streets for unknown amount of time and that he will have to eat whatever I can get him.     Nope, he's stubborn.

Guess I will be running in and out various stores today to hunt for them.   

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Airplanes, even two passenger ones, and helicopters  have never bothered me. 
I have looked down between my feet through the plexiglass floor of helicopters. 
Downhill skiing didn’t bother me, but I never got near a scary trail. 
Amazing Race makes my insides literally cringe when they have to rappel down the side of a building or jump off a bridge. 

I am not afraid of heights but as I have gotten older I will no longer do anything that has me dangling such as zipline or that crazy swing that was shown in photos yesterday.   

I always wanted to go skydiving and wish I done when I was younger, nowadays, no thank you.   

I am okay with going up and down ladders and do it best if no one else is standing there watching me.       I get more nervous if I have a person standing there and constantly telling me to be careful.   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You sound like my surrogate mother.  Last year they insulated their detached garage and installed a minisplit so that the OUTDOOR, BORN FERAL cats have AC in the summer and heat in the winter.  

She'll talk my ear off on the phone for three hours straight, but if it's 5pm she's gotta go, because the kitties are expecting their dinner and she wouldn't want to inconvenience them!  

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yesterday I went to my local Shoprite for weekly food shopping.    I couldn't believe the cat food isle was completely empty!    Someone else standing there in disbelief said they went to Giant Foods and their shelves were bare too.       I then stopped at Petsmart and they have a very limited amount of food, of course none of the flavors my kitties like.      

Chewy.com says out of stock for all their faves too.      Today I will try Pet Supplies Plus and hopefully can find something as I am running out everything for Sparky and Eva.   

Sparky is my picky one, if he doesn't like whatever can I open he walks around meowing non stop till I either open up another can or give you a pile of snacks    I tried to show him a picture of the empty isle in food store but he didn't want to look.    I remind him that he used to live on the streets for unknown amount of time and that he will have to eat whatever I can get him.     Nope, he's stubborn.

My wife tried chewy to get fancy feast they were out so she ordered a case from target it arrived in a couple of days.

we had a weird dinner last night , this was at a upscale restaurant that we go to at least once a week. We had a brand new waiter, they had a 4 course dinner for valentines weekend, appetizers were excellent then we were waiting for salad and instead we got entrees, we told waiter just give us salad to go and we had left over steak and asked for that to go, waited a long time for our dessert, couldn’t find our waiter for over 30 mins , finally asked for the manager and was informed that ur waiter was fired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I always wanted to go skydiving and wish I done when I was younger, nowadays, no thank you.

Don't give up yet!  I've done it twice...both times tandem.  You don't really need to do anything other than lift your feet up as you are landing.  The person that you're attached to does all of the work.  I say go for it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would love to get another Weimaraner. The issue is you can't just look at today's circumstances but have to project 12-15 years down the road which is their typical life span. When I do that I just don't see myself being able to give a new dog the life that I would want to provide it.😔

I thought that way for many years after I lost my 

last dog after 19 years of being my buddy. I just wasn’t ready of going through all the training again and I was fortunate to be able to cruise 4-5 times a year so I just waited.  Although during the next few years I still had to take care of my mom after her cancer metastasized, she was on a pill form of chemo and could handle most of her daily activities herself, just needed help with the doctor appointments and medication.  I could trust her for a week by herself since my sister or her sisters would visit several times a year to take advantage of my location in south Florida.  
But after moving to NW Florida a few years ago, she started to get worse and her family stopped visiting (even before the pandemic) since we are not close to all their favorite south Florida or central Florida attractions 🤷🏼‍♂️.  Even my sister only visited once for four days in the last four years. 😏
So since the weekly IV chemo started last year, the Parkinson’s diagnosis and treatment, the weekly to twice a week home physical therapy, and can’t be left alone for more than a few hours, etc.  After a year or so of my own internal anger and frustration for my new situation, I finally accepted the fact that my days of traveling and makes no my self a priority are over.  It’s was on a whim I went to the shelter and found Oliver.  Since he was the only dog (out of of the five they introduce me to) that constantly kept his head or paw on my leg and wouldn’t leave my side the whole time I was there, I figured he needed me as much as I needed him.  
I will say the the last four months that we have been together he has helped me with my frustrations with this situation.  When mom says some bat sh!t crazy mean things to me due to the dimentia setting in or the other side effects, we just go for a long walk, he gives me his unconditional love and I soldier on the rest of the day.  
Even though I said I would never let myself get attached to another pet as I did with my last one, I think Oliver is proving me wrong on that. 😁

• Like 30

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Although I don’t shop for cat food, I do notice it when I walk down the pet aisle looking for treats or toys for Oliver.  The cat food at Publix, Walmart and Winn Dixie had been bare here for weeks.  

44 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife tried chewy to get fancy feast they were out so she ordered a case from target it arrived in a couple of days.

we had a weird dinner last night , this was at a upscale restaurant that we go to at least once a week. We had a brand new waiter, they had a 4 course dinner for valentines weekend, appetizers were excellent then we were waiting for salad and instead we got entrees, we told waiter just give us salad to go and we had left over steak and asked for that to go, waited a long time for our dessert, couldn’t find our waiter for over 30 mins , finally asked for the manager and was informed that ur waiter was fired.

I always forget about Target.  Will try them today.  Thank you.

So many restaurants are having trouble finding wait staff, they must be done something terribly wrong to have been fired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I always forget about Target.  Will try them today.  Thank you.

So many restaurants are having trouble finding wait staff, they must be done something terribly wrong to have been fired.

I don’t know if you have a Big Lots there, but when I went to mine yesterday I noticed they had a good selection of cat food.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

last dog after 19 years of being my buddy. I just wasn’t ready of going through all the training again and I was fortunate to be able to cruise 4-5 times a year so I just waited.  Although during the next few years I still had to take care of my mom after her cancer metastasized, she was on a pill form of chemo and could handle most of her daily activities herself, just needed help with the doctor appointments and medication.  I could trust her for a week by herself since my sister or her sisters would visit several times a year to take advantage of my location in south Florida.  
But after moving to NW Florida a few years ago, she started to get worse and her family stopped visiting (even before the pandemic) since we are not close to all their favorite south Florida or central Florida attractions 🤷🏼‍♂️.  Even my sister only visited once for four days in the last four years. 😏
So since the weekly IV chemo started last year, the Parkinson’s diagnosis and treatment, the weekly to twice a week home physical therapy, and can’t be left alone for more than a few hours, etc.  After a year or so of my own internal anger and frustration for my new situation, I finally accepted the fact that my days of traveling and makes no my self a priority are over.  It’s was on a whim I went to the shelter and found Oliver.  Since he was the only dog (out of of the five they introduce me to) that constantly kept his head or paw on my leg and wouldn’t leave my side the whole time I was there, I figured he needed me as much as I needed him.  
I will say the the last four months that we have been together he has helped me with my frustrations with this situation.  When mom says some bat sh!t crazy mean things to me due to the dimentia setting in or the other side effects, we just go for a long walk, he gives me his unconditional love and I soldier on the rest of the day.  
Even though I said I would never let myself get attached to another pet as I did with my last one, I think Oliver is proving me wrong on that. 😁

Everything you are doing for your Mother is amazing.  It always seems to land on one family member. 

When my Father was dealing with cancer for last 2 years of his life I was constantly going and doing things for them so my Mother could be with him as much as possible. 

My Brother had a job where he traveled internationally almost every week.  If he wasnt traveling he was working on projects and presentations.   He would show up maybe once a month and stay for maybe an hour or 2.  

My Mom and I used to get upset with him but realized no point in getting upset it wasnt going to change anything.

After my Dad passed my Brother has told me several times he regrets not being there as much as he should have.

Even though she may not be able to express it, I'm sure your Mother appreciates everything you do.

You and Oliver were meant to find each other.💕

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I don’t know if you have a Big Lots there, but when I went to mine yesterday I noticed they had a good selection of cat food.  

I don't know of one nearby, but will look into.  I was very well stocked in January and didnt even walk down pet food isle until this week.  I'm now hearing this has been going on for weeks.  

Thank you for the suggestions everyone🐱   I will let you know how I do on my hunting today.

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Everything you are doing for your Mother is amazing.  It always seems to land on one family member. 

When my Father was dealing with cancer for last 2 years of his life I was constantly going and doing things for them so my Mother could be with him as much as possible. 

My Brother had a job where he traveled internationally almost every week.  If he wasnt traveling he was working on projects and presentations.   He would show up maybe once a month and stay for maybe an hour or 2.  

My Mom and I used to get upset with him but realized no point in getting upset it wasnt going to change anything.

After my Dad passed my Brother has told me several times he regrets not being there as much as he should have.

Even though she may not be able to express it, I'm sure your Mother appreciates everything you do.

You and Oliver were meant to find each other.💕

Thank you for the kind words, it’s very much appreciated.  It’s funny that the one time my sister visited a few months ago, my mom had chemo one of those days, so instead of coming and being supportive, she opted to just sit alone at my home and watch tv.  😏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not afraid of heights but as I have gotten older I will no longer do anything that has me dangling such as zipline or that crazy swing that was shown in photos yesterday.   

I am okay with going up and down ladders and do it best if no one else is standing there watching me.       I get more nervous if I have a person standing there and constantly telling me to be careful.   

I could go up and down, but if I got off at the top, I’d have to live there. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Julia Garner was excellent in The Americans. 

That's another show that many people told me I should watch.  It's on my watch list but there are like 5 or 6 "full" seasons, it'll take me awhile to get thru them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Lucas, one of the goals in life should be to try to get through it with as few reqrets as possible. Sounds to me like you are well on your way to accomplishing that objective. Remember that during the times when you feel frustrated.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Thank you for the kind words, it’s very much appreciated.  It’s funny that the one time my sister visited a few months ago, my mom had chemo one of those days, so instead of coming and being supportive, she opted to just sit alone at my home and watch tv.  😏

I’m so sorry your sister just doesn’t care. 
You will always know you were a loving son and there when your mother needed you. 
Luckily, your sister won’t plan her future vacations in the Panhandle. 
If she does, give her hotel names. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

That is so hard to resist.  We keep saying no more pets.  Then I got Samantha.  We like to travel but really probably won't travel much until protocols are lifted.  We will try out a new house sitter this month for a quick trip to South Florida for a tractor show.  Depending on how it goes we will decide on a trip to the Smokey Mountains.  My husband has a few trips planned for tractor shows and I will go to a fiber show this fall which don't need a house sitter since one of us will stay home.  If we like the Mountains and have a good house sitter we may go back for a longer period of time.  

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would love to get another Weimaraner. The issue is you can't just look at today's circumstances but have to project 12-15 years down the road which is their typical life span. When I do that I just don't see myself being able to give a new dog the life that I would want to provide it.😔

I feel the same way. I've had dogs & cats all through out my childhood and adult life.  When my last dog, a Golden Retriever, passed away some 15 years ago, we were heartbroken. But two things prevented us from getting another pet.  #1, he was the best dog ever (I know every pet owner thinks that but mine really was the best dog ever! 😉)  and no other pet could live up to the high expectations. #2 was the freedom to travel, especially last second impromptu trips, without the hassle of finding a dog-sitter.  My parents were usually our dog sitter but at the time were getting to old to handle it anymore.

Many people have recommend I should get a pet, which right now might make sense, but looking down the road 10 years, it might not, for reasons that  OB has given.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here but everything is melting as soon as it hits the pavement. The yard & trees look beautiful covered in fresh white stuff. The perfect winter snowfall,  all the beauty without the work or mess.

• Like 4