Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 2/14/2022 at 2:48 PM, dani negreanu said:

We're home and DH is downloading pictures from his camera.

Welcome back home, Dani!  It looks like you and DH had a wonderful time in Dubai, seeing and enjoying many wonderful sights.  Your photos are pretty awesome;  looking forward to seeing more of your DH's pictures!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What a relief. First shower since surgery (sorry no shower pics😉) and boy did it feel good. I was even able to stand and support myself. Incision I think is looking good. Putting those compression socks on were quite the ordeal. 

Nothing beats a great shower!!  It sounds like all is going as it should be, Greg.  Incision looks pretty good, also.  It's funny how different surgeons do things differently.  There wasn't any talk of compression socks for Jim.  Good to hear your medicine schedule is working for you!🥰

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, George C said:

Looks great, but wife been asking for dirty martinis, so I will make a batch tonight.

Air Supply, Mellisa Manchester, Maria Muldaur, 10cc and Little River band, Badfinger.

Pretty good lineup. 

• Like 2

At the Garden for the NY Rangers vs Boston Bruins game.  To my CC friends in NE - New England,  not North East England 😉 - Bruins should go back to their old logo. 

Not that the Rangers logo is all that great. With the exception of some minor font changes, it's stayed the same for 95 years.

20220215_182640.jpg

• Like 10

I don't usually watch football, but always go to the Super Bowl parties at our friends condo.  I asked Jim who he was rooting for, and he said the Bengals, so I also was going to root for Cincinnati, and this time I was going to try to finally try to learn the game.  I was lucky enough to keep up with what team had the ball, and was enjoying the game.  I think it might've been the 4th Quarter, when I heard the name of the Bengal's Defensive Coach, Lou Anarumo.  I was like, what????  The Principal at the school I worked in had the same name, and I then remembered that years ago  he had said that his son was coaching football.  I googled to see where Lou Anarumo had grown up, and sure enough, it said Staten Island.

I enjoyed the game, btw, and did learn a little something about football.😁

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, George C said:

Opening act is Foreigner, but no chance to get autographs got them, lots of fun talking to some of these artists that we have liked for decades. 

Sounds like a lot of fun. Foreigner would should be the main headliner, if that's a thing on the cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

At the Garden for the NY Rangers vs Boston Bruins game.  To my CC friends in NE - New England,  not North East England 😉 - Bruins should go back to their old logo. 

Not that the Rangers logo is all that great. With the exception of some minor font changes, it's stayed the same for 95 years.

20220215_182640.jpg

Enjoy the game!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

When I had to wear compression stockings I bought an aid that really was an aid. Saved my sanity!

5F541312-5C6D-4C66-9CE5-54751FC66E93.jpeg

When I had to wear compression stockings I wore rubber gloves to get them on easier.  It was so difficult in the beginning.  THEN I discovered the aid shown above. What a difference it made.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Looks great, but wife been asking for dirty martinis, so I will make a batch tonight.

Just discovered AA changed our flight for Friday to 8:55 , I hate waking up early , luckily we are only about 20 mins or less from airport. Bought some CD’s to get autographed on our cruise 

Air Supply, Mellisa Manchester, Maria Muldaur, 10cc and Little River band, Badfinger.

Have a great cruise.  I think I mentioned this earlier:  I can't understand why Melissa Manchester's career wasn't longer than it was.  I just love her songs.

and all Air Supply songs as well.  No flashy outfits, no elaborate stage props.  Just sweet, pure music.

For a while I thought Air Supply recorded Styx's "Come Sail Away " which we've heard on every single cruise welcome show. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

When I had to wear compression stockings I wore rubber gloves to get them on easier.  It was so difficult in the beginning.  THEN I discovered the aid shown above. What a difference it made.

Have a great cruise.  I think I mentioned this earlier:  I can't understand why Melissa Manchester's career wasn't longer than it was.  I just love her songs.

and all Air Supply songs as well.  No flashy outfits, no elaborate stage props.  Just sweet, pure music.

For a while I thought Air Supply recorded Styx's "Come Sail Away " which we've heard on every single cruise welcome show. 

We saw Styx on a previous rock and roll cruise along with rock and roll hall of famers like Todd Rundgren and Michael McDonald. Michael McDonald was with his wife of over 30 years and was one of his backup singers. Really looking forward to seeing Mellisa Manchester and also Maria Mulduer , love the song “ midnight at the oasis “ ,  we did see Air Supply on a previous cruise, they had a very large band backing them up  . Several of the artist go on this cruise with there better half’s and think of this like a vacation, also love when they jam with other artists.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I don't usually watch football, but always go to the Super Bowl parties at our friends condo.  I asked Jim who he was rooting for, and he said the Bengals, so I also was going to root for Cincinnati, and this time I was going to try to finally try to learn the game.  I was lucky enough to keep up with what team had the ball, and was enjoying the game.  I think it might've been the 4th Quarter, when I heard the name of the Bengal's Defensive Coach, Lou Anarumo.  I was like, what????  The Principal at the school I worked in had the same name, and I then remembered that years ago  he had said that his son was coaching football.  I googled to see where Lou Anarumo had grown up, and sure enough, it said Staten Island.

I enjoyed the game, btw, and did learn a little something about football.😁

That is so similiar to me.I do not normally watch football but I watched this game and rooted for the Rams because their Coach Lance Schulters played for Carnarsie HS and I watched him play home games at the HS which was a few blocks from where I lived.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Melissa Manchester is still recording and still appearing in concert.Her last appearance was in Manhattan a few months ago.

8 minutes ago, George C said:

We saw Styx on a previous rock and roll cruise along with rock and roll hall of famers like Todd Rundgren and Michael McDonald. Michael McDonald was with his wife of over 30 years and was one of his backup singers. Really looking forward to seeing Mellisa Manchester and also Maria Mulduer , love the song “ midnight at the oasis “ ,  we did see Air Supply on a previous cruise, they had a very large band backing them up  . Several of the artist go on this cruise with there better half’s and think of this like a vacation, also love when they jam with other artists.

Have a great time on your cruise,George!  I forgot what ship you'll be on?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Have a great time on your cruise,George!  I forgot what ship you'll be on?

We are on celebrity summit, we booked a royal suite which is great but on these cruises we don’t spend all that much time in our suite but great perks , maybe this year we will use our hot tub on our balcony 😁, didn’t use it last time.

• Like 4