Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday was Molly the collies day for doggy day care, the weather was beautiful so we decided to visit Hampton Court, one of the Historic Royal Palaces we have a yearly pass for. 

A royal hunting lodge and Palace since Henry VIII day with beautiful grounds full of spring flowers.  Had a great day enjoying the Palace and grounds

20220318_142332.thumb.jpg.5efde820564f99e3727b6d2080cb77e3.jpg

The Royal bedchamber

I WILL get there.  I Will!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures, Sue!

3 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Hello all, in a week the pain Dr is going to give me a spinal block.

If the pain relief lasts over 2 weeks then they will do it again. 
if I get good results then they will perform a Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) to temporarily numb some of my pain nerves in my back. It’s only temp though so  I may have to have it done again.

Hope everything is going well with everyone.

I hope you do well with your spinal block.

Have you gone on your cruise yet?

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope it works well for you. My wife Linda has the same issues. She has had the RFA which did give her relief. Now she has another area that got treated yesterday as a nerve block. Is that the same thing as a spinal block? They put her under for it. They said it should take several days to kick in. I hope it works as she has been miserable in pain.

I hope Linda feels better quickly, Greg!

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I hate autocorrect. Should be “Yay Debbie!”

LOL!!!

Jim said you both have two of the same things in common...you both have bad knees, and hate autocorrect!😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after an amazing 14 night cruise on the new P&O Iona.

We had fantastic views from our Aft Balcony cabin.

Graham.

Glad you had a wonderful 14 night cruise.  Was it a Mediterranean cruise?

• Thanks 1

Friends of ours just lost a very dear friend of theirs today.  They are here in Naples, their deceased friend is up in Massachusetts.

Jim and I just went to the store to pick up flowers and cookies for our friends.  As we were at the register, didn't they just walk in....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Good news, Greg!  Way to go!  You are right where you should be right now.  So glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.😉

Wonderful news, Debbie!  So glad you and Eric are doing the Happy Dance once again!  I also didn't pack entirely, until we had our results back last month.

We will hopefully be doing the Happy Dance again two weeks from today.🤞

🙏Prayers for Jen's warrior with the same name.🙏❤️

I swear by the Sea bands, and don't go on a cruise without them.

I hope she's not worrying too much about getting sick on board...🛳️

Today is a great day!  Beautiful weather and we are all packed and ready to go, other than putting my pillow in the suitcase in the morning. 

Chris and Donna had some troubles with CVS not emailing their test results yesterday but this morning after 2 phone calls they finally received.       

Someone at CVS told them they are changing their system and will start charging since most people are getting for travel purposes but their tests were free. 

We picked up the rental vehicle and ended up getting a Chevy Tahoe, Wow it is Big!

I am lucky and have never had to use the sea bands I have so I will let Donna use them.     She sounds really excited now that tests are done and she was packing this morning.    

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Glad you had a wonderful 14 night cruise.  Was it a Mediterranean cruise?

We sailed from Southampton England to :-

Vigo Spain.

Gibraltar.

Alicante Spain.

Barcelona Spain 2 days.

Cadiz Spain.

Lisbon Portugal.

IMG_20220316_182916.jpg

IMG_20220316_163916.jpg

IMG_20220311_200714.jpg

IMG_20220311_102006.jpg

IMG_20220310_194824.jpg

IMG_20220311_185833.jpg

IMG_20220310_094210.jpg

IMG_20220308_105731.jpg

IMG-20220316-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0002.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 24

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday was Molly the collies day for doggy day care, the weather was beautiful so we decided to visit Hampton Court, one of the Historic Royal Palaces we have a yearly pass for. 

A royal hunting lodge and Palace since Henry VIII day with beautiful grounds full of spring flowers.  Had a great day enjoying the Palace and grounds

20220318_142332.thumb.jpg.5efde820564f99e3727b6d2080cb77e3.jpg

The Royal bedchamber

20220318_121714.thumb.jpg.8417167a1fc43f6abef5bf9d31aac704.jpg

20220318_122204.thumb.jpg.16af54079b7c1cb91c39007bdd6c61e6.jpg

Hampton Court is awesome. I really enjoyed my time there. Did you walk through the maze?

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Vigo Spain.

Gibraltar.

Alicante Spain.

Barcelona Spain 2 days.

Cadiz Spain.

Lisbon Portugal.

That sounds like a fabulous trip.  The food looked really good and the places look very interesting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Friends of ours just lost a very dear friend of theirs today.  They are here in Naples, their deceased friend is up in Massachusetts.

Jim and I just went to the store to pick up flowers and cookies for our friends.  As we were at the register, didn't they just walk in....

Sorry to hear your sad news about your friends dear friend.

Prayers 🙏 and condolences to all their family and friends.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211209_095955.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Graham, your cruise vacation sounds wonderful! When and where to next? Love the pictures!

Thank you Arzeena.

A couple of short cruises on Anthem of the seas in May and September from Southampton England.

Graham.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I read about and see pictures of your wonderful life with Pauline I regret all the things that I did not do why I was physically able.

Your life experiences sound amazing Lenny as do your lovely family.

We both love our holidays both cruising and hotel based.

I'm really pleased you like our photos.

Graham

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after an amazing 14 night cruise on the new P&O Iona.

We had fantastic views from our Aft Balcony cabin.

Graham.

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

IMG_20220306_075414.jpg

Love Aft balconies, our next cruise is on new celebrity beyond in a corner aft. How do you like P&O lines compared to American lines ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, George C said:

Love Aft balconies, our next cruise is on new celebrity beyond in a corner aft. How do you like P&O lines compared to American lines ? 

Our loyalty benefits on Royal Caribbean especially and on Princess are far superior to P&O.

Amenities on board Royal Caribbean are much better.

P&O are good for us as a lot of their sailings are from Southampton England.

Graham.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Vigo Spain.

Gibraltar.

Alicante Spain.

Barcelona Spain 2 days.

Cadiz Spain.

Lisbon Portugal.

IMG_20220316_182916.jpg

IMG_20220316_163916.jpg

IMG_20220311_200714.jpg

IMG_20220311_102006.jpg

IMG_20220310_194824.jpg

IMG_20220311_185833.jpg

IMG_20220310_094210.jpg

IMG_20220308_105731.jpg

IMG-20220316-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0002.jpg

14 days is just about perfect. 
mandarin nice warm weather…albeit some rain!

Dadgum autocorrect changed perfect to effect. 

Edited by jagsfan
Correct autocorrect
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

When we were doing our countertops years ago and wanted black, my friend told us it would show everything.  Well, we got the black, like I wanted.  My friend was right...it looked very nice, and it did show everything.

And, you will love it!!!!!

What material was the black countertop made of. I believe it make s a difference whether or not it shows everything?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

When we were doing our countertops years ago and wanted black, my friend told us it would show everything.  Well, we got the black, like I wanted.  My friend was right...it looked very nice, and it did show everything.

And, you will love it!!!!!

A friend decided to redo their master bath with black fixtures. 
She sorely regretted it the first time she brushed her teeth. She said she had no idea what a manic toothbrusher she was. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Jimbo, that's hubby's "vision" about your air return 😁

1341165782_Kitchen.png.cb9be7aebe3200103aed82993c07a490(1).thumb.jpg.ee63671fc4afea82ebb9c8efc77ad93d.jpg

Same as our living room air return, which he painted "Piet Mondrian" style....

2018022224_20180527_130623(2).thumb.jpg.7666faee63a7787368e2e1c15bc47400.jpg

IMO this is a great suggestion and does away with any awkward empty space.  But it only matters how Jimbo & his wife feel.
 It’s surely going to be a beautiful kitchen when it’s done.  

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Your life experiences sound amazing Lenny as do your lovely family.

We both love our holidays both cruising and hotel based.

I'm really pleased you like our photos.

Graham

Correct re my life experiences ,some of which I have yet to discuss here.However,I regret not doing the travels that everyone who posts on this thread have done.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

A friend decided to redo their master bath with black fixtures. 
She sorely regretted it the first time she brushed her teeth. She said she had no idea what a manic toothbrusher she was. 

In 1970 I was invited to a New Years Eve party at the home of an Actor who later became a NYC political official.Every room in the house had walls and ceilings painted black .Instead of carpets on the floors which was the norm at the time there were black mats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today is a great day!  Beautiful weather and we are all packed and ready to go, other than putting my pillow in the suitcase in the morning. 

Chris and Donna had some troubles with CVS not emailing their test results yesterday but this morning after 2 phone calls they finally received.       

Someone at CVS told them they are changing their system and will start charging since most people are getting for travel purposes but their tests were free. 

We picked up the rental vehicle and ended up getting a Chevy Tahoe, Wow it is Big!

I am lucky and have never had to use the sea bands I have so I will let Donna use them.     She sounds really excited now that tests are done and she was packing this morning.    

Such good and happy news, Debbie!  The four of you are in for a terrific and memorable cruise.  I know you will enjoy every minute of it.  Have a Miami Vice for me.😁

I know how stressful it was for Chris and Donna, after waiting 10 hours to get my results last month.  Thankfully, they can now relax and get ready to Party!!!!

Here's to smooth sailing!🛳️

• Like 5