Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Currently 50°F at 15.30pm.

We had a nice church service this morning then had our picnic in the car at the beach car park looking out to sea.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

IMG_20220403_115602.jpg

I would love a relaxing picnic in the car looking out at the sea, or into the woods or at mountains. 

• Like 2

We’re home from our cruise and my only complaint is that 7 days is too darn short! I wish Royal had 12 day cruises!

Other than my nose bleeds at the worst times, and being attacked by the elevator doors, it was problem free!

No, I don’t know why  the nose bleeds. 
Up till about a year ago, I hadn’t had them since the second grade. 
They normally stop within 15 minutes, but these seemed to last a little longer. Didn’t care where I was, either. 
hopefully I left them behind when we disembarked. 
I enjoyed Grease, and am really looking forward to Mamma Mia in August. 
I loved the Grande Suite. Plenty of room and great bathroom. The double sinks were handy. 
The Aqua Theater got rained out and we never made it back. I would have gone to the Ice Show but I soulfully have grossed everyone out with my nose bleed. 
I sent Dick  anyway and he reported back it was as good as ever. They do a great job, and the costumes are always so fresh and attractive. No droopy, tired looking ones ever. 
Dick did the Abyss, water slide, zip line, and miniature golf twice. I slept, ate, read, and slept some more. 
Perfect vacation for me. 
Looking forward to Allure in August, and then have to start planning a family reunion in October. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I totally ruined a chicken spinach casserole once, when I thought I had drained and squeezed every bit of water out of the spinach. 
I hadn’t!

I took the spinach right out of the bag and threw it into the ricotta without even rinsing it. Just cut the spinach up a little bit with a knife first. That's it.

Spinach was in a bag in the produce  like where you buy cut up greens for a salad.

42 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We’re home from our cruise and my only complaint is that 7 days is too darn short! I wish Royal had 12 day cruises!

Other than my nose bleeds at the worst times, and being attacked by the elevator doors, it was problem free!

They normally stop within 15 minutes, but these seemed to last a little longer. Didn’t care where I was, either. 
I loved the Grande Suite. Plenty of room and great bathroom. The double sinks were handy. 
The Aqua Theater got rained out and we never made it back. I would have gone to the Ice Show but I soulfully have grossed everyone out with my nose bleed. 
I sent Dick  anyway and he reported back it was as good as ever. They do a great job, and the costumes are always so fresh and attractive. No droopy, tired looking ones ever. 
Dick did the Abyss, water slide, zip line, and miniature golf twice. I slept, ate, read, and slept some more. 
Perfect vacation for me. 
Looking forward to Allure in August, and then have to start planning a family reunion in October. 

So glad you had a good cruise. I get periodically nose bleeds in the winter when the air is really dry. Do you have some saline nose rinse to keep your sinuses moist. It seem to help me.

• Like 1

Perfect vacation for me. 

We love grand suites on rccl perfect size have done that on 4 different classes of ships, did owners suite once , really do not need anything that big but do love there separate shower. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Debbie quick question for you.  Would you say that one formal night was more formal than the other?  

Yes, first formal was definitely more formal then 2nd one.

First formal I wore my formal sparkly dress and Eric wore his tux.  2nd formal Eric didn't wear tux jacket and I wore nice dress but not my formal one.

By the time we rolled around to 4th formal night I'm not even sure we were dressed up.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Perfect vacation for me. 

Pinch your nose closed for 6 minutes. That is enough time for the blood to clot. Don't keep letting go to check or you will have to start the 6 minutes all over again.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

You’re right about when I wrote it. I was pages behind, so my responses were mostly anticlimactic!

I’m home from our cruise now, so should be more in step with everyone. 

I'm leaving for five weeks of cruising in a few weeks.... I can't even begin to imagine how hard it's going to be to keep up with this thread then!

• Like 7

Perfect vacation for me. 

Welcome home!   Sounds like a wonderful cruise other than nose bleed.

Maybe you are ready for a b2b!  

Stopped over at the Mystic Seaport to walk around. The Mayflower has been here all winter from Plymouth undergoing a refurb. It was not open for boarding today. Here are some pics and the first ones that I have taken with my new S22. No idea why they are loading sideways. Any thoughts on the issue are welcome. This was not an issue with my S8.

20220403_135256.thumb.jpg.3b9e716d3a59fa766ec00bf806a1cbbf.jpg

20220403_135025.thumb.jpg.e42138454d946d6560c120abf0a60f0e.jpg

20220403_134859.thumb.jpg.9c529c652b45c4178253d46dc8f181c2.jpg

20220403_134830.thumb.jpg.86957c1036f44815e8b6ae5f9c422575.jpg

• Like 8

We’re onboard Anthem!  Checkin was pretty easy, took about 15 minutes total.  Had a Kummelweck sandwich in 270 for lunch and my first cocktail was a Cosmo at Vintages. Got our Voom set up.  I will try to check in during the week.  

8F340E9E-010E-434E-A361-90A092918462.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I took the spinach right out of the bag and threw it into the ricotta without even rinsing it. Just cut the spinach up a little bit with a knife first. That's it.

Spinach was in a bag in the produce  like where you buy cut up greens for a salad.

I used frozen spinach… that’s why all the water. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So glad you had a good cruise. I get periodically nose bleeds in the winter when the air is really dry. Do you have some saline nose rinse to keep your sinuses moist. It seem to help me.

I’ve gotten them off and on for a while. 
We live in Florida and don’t have much dry cold weather. Although more these last couple of months than usual. 
When I skiied, I used to get “Colorado Crud” every time. 
My CPAP has a humidifier, so dry air shouldn’t be causing it, but that’s the most logical answer. 
I do have some saline spray I never opened. 
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I’ll try it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

We love grand suites on rccl perfect size have done that on 4 different classes of ships, did owners suite once , really do not need anything that big but do love there separate shower. 

I wish we could afford separate bathrooms!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Pinch your nose closed for 6 minutes. That is enough time for the blood to clot. Don't keep letting go to check or you will have to start the 6 minutes all over again.

That’s how I get it to stop. It’s when I blow my nose it starts up again. It’s one nostril, not both, and our table mates starting saying “one side only!” when I’d go to blow my nose. 
Am I the only person whose nose runs when I eat? Just enough I have to blow it. 

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Any side effects with the vaccine,Marietta ?

I thought I avoided side effects until about 6:00 last night.  All of a sudden the aches and chills appeared but did not last as long as the last shot.  I put myself to bed at 6:30 and stayed there.  Feel much better today.  Thanks

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 4