Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Geez.  Local new media reports NCL dropped their pre cruise covid  test as the headline.  Then the article goes on to say it doesn't apply to the US, Canada, and a couple of other places.

I wonder how any people read the headline, and not bother with the rest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I recently saw a PBS show on the Royals that gave some background on Charles and his relationship with his parents and the pressures put in him to marry and produce heirs. It gave me a new outlook on him and I tend to view him with more empathy than I did in the past. It gave the impression that Charles was not the type of son that Philip wanted. I found that quite sad.

You should watch 'The Crown'

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I recently saw a PBS show on the Royals that gave some background on Charles and his relationship with his parents and the pressures put in him to marry and produce heirs. It gave me a new outlook on him and I tend to view him with more empathy than I did in the past. It gave the impression that Charles was not the type of son that Philip wanted. I found that quite sad.

The pressure on all of them has to be immense. I felt terribly sorry for Diana. 
With time I have had more sympathy for Charles. He is a different person now than he appeared to me back then. 
His marriage to Camilla seems to have  finally made him happy. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We still have unopened bottles of liquor that we bought for my parents surprise 25 th.anniversary party,way back in the Stone Age.

I have an unopenef bottle of Grand Marnier from the 70's

Found it cleaning up my dad's apartment.

In Laws gave me a bottle of Bailey's that was well over 10 years old. It had solidified🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

New series of Below deck tonight in Thailand.

Kate, Kevin,Abbi,Brian,Tanner,Courtney,Ashton now Bosun and Captain Lee.

This is the one where Brian injures his leg and Lee's handling of it changed my opinion of him to this day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Care to elaborate?

Netflix series I think. Covers Elizabeth's entire life. Not complete yet, not sure Diana has died yet. Somewhat dramatized obviously, but fairly close. 

Laura watches it. I come in and out

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Netflix series I think. Covers Elizabeth's entire life. Not complete yet, not sure Diana has died yet. Somewhat dramatized obviously, but fairly close. 

Laura watches it. I come in and out

I tend to watch everything I can on the first Elizabeth. She has really captured my interest. It was pretty awesome to see her tomb at Westminster Abbey.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am sure there is plenty of blame and sadness to go around. All I know is what I've seen on TV and read. I am hardly privy to the inner secrets of the Royal family.  She may also be alive if he was not under such pressure to marry someone and turn out kids. However, I do know the Royals are a touchy subject for you so I'll leave it.

Only when Her Majesty the Queen is made fun of.

She is an amazing woman who has sadly been let down by certain members of her family.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday Mimi!  Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful.  Wishing you many more!  Love the photos.

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  I still can't put any weight (standing, walking) on my left leg until August but I'm home.  Small apt. here and it's a challenge maneuvering this wheelchair, plus we're moving to another apt (smaller!) on Monday.  My sister and bro in law were going to help but they now both have covid!  They were supposed to come visit last week, 3 days before my BIL tested positive.  At that time I wasn't up for visitors even family so I asked them to come another day.  So lucky I did that because one thing worse that being in rehab is being isolated with covid in rehab.  We were tested weekly for covid.  My sister got covid 2 days after her husband tested positive.

Happy news is my daughter and grands will be coming for a 10 day visit in August, after camp, before school starts. I should be walking by then.  Can't wait for those hugs.

It seems like you were in rehab forever. I know you’re happy to be home in your own bed, but you’re going to be tempted to do too much, especially moving!

Just deciding what goes where is exhausting!

I hope you can get some help!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I tend to watch everything I can on the first Elizabeth. She has really captured my interest. It was pretty awesome to see her tomb at Westminster Abbey.

I always thought it interesting that she was laid to rest on top of her half sister Mary’s tomb. They were both Queen of England. Separate tombs would have been nice!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m an unabashed fan of the royals. 
I watched Her Majesty’s coronation on our little black and white TV. Got up even earlier for Charles and Diana’s,  William and Kate’s and Harry and Meghan’s weddings. 
Dick is the one that 100% British, while I haven’t a drop of British blood. 
I hope I live long enough to see William crowned. Not that I’m trying to hurry Charles along. 

I love all things Royal too.  Watched all the weddings you mentioned and cried during Di’s funeral coverage.  Enjoyed watching the Queen’s Jubilee footage recently.

Enjoyed seeing the The Royal Mews (horse carriages), the Crown Jewels at Tower of London and visiting Buckingham Palace Staterooms during their summer openings, whilst in London a few years back.  Have you visited them?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

No one made of of the Queen. You simply interpreted a joke pointed at Americans the wrong way.

I have seen jokes of certain Americans but would not post them here out of respect.

Prince Philip saying what was on the picture I could believe.

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I love all things Royal too.  Watched all the weddings you mentioned and cried during Di’s funeral coverage.  Enjoyed watching the Queen’s Jubilee footage recently.

Enjoyed seeing the The Royal Mews (horse carriages), the Crown Jewels at Tower of London and visiting Buckingham Palace Staterooms during their summer openings, whilst in London a few years back.  Have you visited them?

IMG_20160510_173347.jpg

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

visiting Buckingham Palace Staterooms during their summer openings

We've traveled twice just to see the staterooms, and the crown jewels' expo. We love London. Period.🧡

Have seen all the "Crown" series. I think the first season, with The Queen as a young woman (Claire Foy) was the best.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends. 
I was surprised with a nice gift basket when we got to our room. Prosecco, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Godiva chocolates, gourmets nuts and popcorn, and more stuff I can’t remember. 
Our fireworks are set off from barges in the river. We had a pre-show display from the baseball park across the river in our sports complex. 
All in all, a great night!

I’m posting some fireworks photos taken from the balcony. I only have an iPhone 8+, which is fine, as I would never be able to figure out how to improve my photos!

C97AB7D6-0422-4E71-AA6C-656E29BEECB7.jpeg

B000BF5B-013D-4B91-9F72-26FE134FDF2A.jpeg

706C45E6-D480-429B-822F-0F48D642476A.jpeg

F338EC28-4049-4056-8A2A-DC1E27DC0DEB.jpeg

B749ECDE-9BBC-4A43-B50B-D596D0460C81.jpeg

B7F8D737-6B29-48F2-8400-6D212B51B60F.jpeg

27F6E1FB-36F3-4C62-B6D7-F21DD8A72C94.jpeg

B9B0133E-A090-4CF9-8820-A5896C0FE867.jpeg

A3CE2AA5-D08E-45FD-BD27-038EAD30F8B3.jpeg

Happy Birthday Mimi.  Your birthday sounds wonderful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I always thought it interesting that she was laid to rest on top of her half sister Mary’s tomb. They were both Queen of England. Separate tombs would have been nice!

Especially since they didn't really like each other!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

We've traveled twice just to see the staterooms, and the crown jewels' expo. We love London. Period.🧡

Have seen all the "Crown" series. I think the first season, with The Queen as a young woman (Claire Foy) was the best.

Yes, love The Crown.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My brother and his wife set the gold standard for being late to everything. 
one Christmas Eve when it was our turn to host I decided that I wasn’t going to let another dinner be ruined. 
The rest of us ate, I cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher. 
When they arrived, with no apologies, I reset the table and left them to it.
This was before microwaves. 
The remains of dinner were still on the table. 
Nothing like old mashed potatoes!
Did that teach them anything? No!!

Other peoples’ time  was and is simply not important to them. 

Gosh this sounds like my DH’s best friend.  They have been best friends since childhood but are polar opposites in timekeeping.  The most frustrating thing for DH is that his friend will not message to say he is running late.  It is clear he has left his house after the time he said he will meet.  A simple text just to let DH know is all he asks.  Then when he finally turns up no apology. Vague excuse when pressed.  Does DH’s head in.  When they come over for dinner, I always add an hour onto the time they say they will arrive and feed DH appetisers while we wait…1 1/2hrs late is the norm.

• Like 2