Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

Are you watching Becoming Elizabeth?. I have always been fascinated by the Tudors and am enjoying this series. It starts when Henry V111 dies.

Mary 

I find the the Tudors fascinating also. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tomorrow is my moms surgery day. I have to have her there by 11am for the 2pm procedure. Spent part of the day preparing her retirement home room, on zoom class and work emails. Hopefully tomorrow will be quieter, overall. 

It will go well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends. 
I was surprised with a nice gift basket when we got to our room. Prosecco, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Godiva chocolates, gourmets nuts and popcorn, and more stuff I can’t remember. 
Our fireworks are set off from barges in the river. We had a pre-show display from the baseball park across the river in our sports complex. 
All in all, a great night!

I’m posting some fireworks photos taken from the balcony. I only have an iPhone 8+, which is fine, as I would never be able to figure out how to improve my photos!

How wonderful, Happy Birthday 🎉🎂🥂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday Mimi!  Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful.  Wishing you many more!  Love the photos.

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  I still can't put any weight (standing, walking) on my left leg until August but I'm home.  Small apt. here and it's a challenge maneuvering this wheelchair, plus we're moving to another apt (smaller!) on Monday.  My sister and bro in law were going to help but they now both have covid!  They were supposed to come visit last week, 3 days before my BIL tested positive.  At that time I wasn't up for visitors even family so I asked them to come another day.  So lucky I did that because one thing worse that being in rehab is being isolated with covid in rehab.  We were tested weekly for covid.  My sister got covid 2 days after her husband tested positive.

Happy news is my daughter and grands will be coming for a 10 day visit in August, after camp, before school starts. I should be walking by then.  Can't wait for those hugs.

So great to hear you are home but sorry to hear about your sister and BIL.  I know how hard it is to sit still while others are doing the heavy lifting but remember your rehab is doing what is needed.  Others will get along fine without you.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tomorrow is my moms surgery day. I have to have her there by 11am for the 2pm procedure. Spent part of the day preparing her retirement home room, on zoom class and work emails. Hopefully tomorrow will be quieter, overall. 

Prayers for mom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@xpcdoojk As my late mother would say, “If you can’t say anything nice,don’t say anything.”. 

IMHO,that is good advice.😉

MJ

I admit when it comes to CC, sometimes I lack wisdom.  Of course, I, also, limit my sharing of TMI.  Minor wisdom, is maybe the best I can do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I love all things Royal too.  Watched all the weddings you mentioned and cried during Di’s funeral coverage.  Enjoyed watching the Queen’s Jubilee footage recently.

Enjoyed seeing the The Royal Mews (horse carriages), the Crown Jewels at Tower of London and visiting Buckingham Palace Staterooms during their summer openings, whilst in London a few years back.  Have you visited them?

Yes to Crown Jewels and Tower of London.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Good wishes for the surgery, Andrew.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hope that everything goes well with your moms surgery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@BonTexasNY Sorry I must have missed your post.  Welcome home from rehab.  

Thanks and please keep those wonderful pictures of your coming.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Let me add to that welcome home message too.

Thanks and best wishes for your mom's successful surgery and recovery.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Welcome home Bonnie.  Prayers for tomorrow Andrew🙏🤞

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

So great to hear you are home but sorry to hear about your sister and BIL.  I know how hard it is to sit still while others are doing the heavy lifting but remember your rehab is doing what is needed.  Others will get along fine without you.

Prayers for mom.

Thanks.  Time for me to be a lady of leisure!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So many people to respond to here-

Bonnie- So glad that you are home,getting ready to move to a new home. Keep up the good recovery and take care of yourself. Soon, your grandchildren will be bringing you hugs and happy times. I wish the best to you and your hubby with the move and hoping for good days for both of you.💐

Mimi- What a wonderful birthday celebration for you! I tell my friends,don’t count the candles,but be sure to celebrate ! You did it up great with your hubby and friends. Wishing you many happy days in the year ahead.🎉

Andrew and John and Lala- Wishing good outcomes for your loved ones’ surgeries tomorrow. Both Mom and Feliix’s Mom have good people to support them. Love and care contribute so much for a person’s recovery.🤗🤗

Dani- I see that you have been posting which ,to me,means that you are feeling better. I hope this is the case. 💐

Lenny- I get days mixed up too. On the 4th of July,I kept thinking it was Sunday. Maybe because it was a holiday. I mentioned it to my friend’s son’s girlfriend who is fifteen. She said she was thinking the same thing. When she said that,I didn’t feel quite so “old”!🙄

Graham- I was blessed to have parents who taught me so much by their loving and generous spirits. So many lessons learned by just watching them and how they lived their lives. I lost my Dad to Alzheimer’s disease when I was twenty- seven. My Mom lived to age ninety-three. ❤️❤️

I also want to express my thoughts of the present Queen Elizabeth. She was so young when the responsibility to her country was placed upon her. She has been a strong woman and has experienced so much during her ninety-six years. She is a prime example of the Greatest Generation. Unfortunately, leaders today seem to lack the level of  her standard of responsibility and dedication to their offices.

@Luckynana and @mets07 I read your posts about Breezy Point. A dear friend,Madge Reilly would spend Summers their with her son and daughter for many years. Her maiden name was Sullivan,I think. Do either one of you recall Madge or her family?  It is a long shot, but sometimes,it is a small world.😉

Wishng all posting here,good days,good health,good travels,good celebrations,good times.

Take care everyone !!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sending your mam our good wishes for successful surgery Andrew.

Graham.

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

So many people to respond to here-

Bonnie- So glad that you are home,getting ready to move to a new home. Keep up the good recovery and take care of yourself. Soon, your grandchildren will be bringing you hugs and happy times. I wish the best to you and your hubby with the move and hoping for good days for both of you.💐

Mimi- What a wonderful birthday celebration for you! I tell my friends,don’t count the candles,but be sure to celebrate ! You did it up great with your hubby and friends. Wishing you many happy days in the year ahead.🎉

Andrew and John and Lala- Wishing good outcomes for your loved ones’ surgeries tomorrow. Both Mom and Feliix’s Mom have good people to support them. Love and care contribute so much for a person’s recovery.🤗🤗

Dani- I see that you have been posting which ,to me,means that you are feeling better. I hope this is the case. 💐

Lenny- I get days mixed up too. On the 4th of July,I kept thinking it was Sunday. Maybe because it was a holiday. I mentioned it to my friend’s son’s girlfriend who is fifteen. She said she was thinking the same thing. When she said that,I didn’t feel quite so “old”!🙄

Graham- I was blessed to have parents who taught me so much by their loving and generous spirits. So many lessons learned by just watching them and how they lived their lives. I lost my Dad to Alzheimer’s disease when I was twenty- seven. My Mom lived to age ninety-three. ❤️❤️

I also want to express my thoughts of the present Queen Elizabeth. She was so young when the responsibility to her country was placed upon her. She has been a strong woman and has experienced so much during her ninety-six years. She is a prime example of the Greatest Generation. Unfortunately, leaders today seem to lack the level of  her standard of responsibility and dedication to their offices.

@Luckynana and @mets07 I read your posts about Breezy Point. A dear friend,Madge Reilly would spend Summers their with her son and daughter for many years. Her maiden name was Sullivan,I think. Do either one of you recall Madge or her family?  It is a long shot, but sometimes,it is a small world.😉

Wishng all posting here,good days,good health,good travels,good celebrations,good times.

Take care everyone !!

MJ🙋🏻

Good morning.

Wishing you all the nice things MJ that you are wishing for everyone else.

It is sunny and 66°F here in North East England at 08.00am.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@ReneeFLLAre you packed yet? How many months will you be aboard this time?😇😄

Unfortunately, just this one. I was going to add the 6 day onto it, but didn't. When I looked again the price was more than double. There are some good interline rates for next month so I'll book some of those. We will have a drink or two for you in the Champagne Bar. 🥂

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wishing your mom the best.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Unfortunately, just this one. I was going to add the 6 day onto it, but didn't. When I looked again the price was more than double. There are some good interline rates for next month so I'll book some of those. We will have a drink or two for you in the Champagne Bar. 🥂

Wishing you a great week!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends. 
I was surprised with a nice gift basket when we got to our room. Prosecco, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Godiva chocolates, gourmets nuts and popcorn, and more stuff I can’t remember. 
Our fireworks are set off from barges in the river. We had a pre-show display from the baseball park across the river in our sports complex. 
All in all, a great night!

I’m posting some fireworks photos taken from the balcony. I only have an iPhone 8+, which is fine, as I would never be able to figure out how to improve my photos!

C97AB7D6-0422-4E71-AA6C-656E29BEECB7.jpeg

B000BF5B-013D-4B91-9F72-26FE134FDF2A.jpeg

706C45E6-D480-429B-822F-0F48D642476A.jpeg

F338EC28-4049-4056-8A2A-DC1E27DC0DEB.jpeg

B749ECDE-9BBC-4A43-B50B-D596D0460C81.jpeg

B7F8D737-6B29-48F2-8400-6D212B51B60F.jpeg

27F6E1FB-36F3-4C62-B6D7-F21DD8A72C94.jpeg

B9B0133E-A090-4CF9-8820-A5896C0FE867.jpeg

A3CE2AA5-D08E-45FD-BD27-038EAD30F8B3.jpeg

Happy Birthday Mimi.

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday Mimi!  Your birthday celebration sounds wonderful.  Wishing you many more!  Love the photos.

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  I still can't put any weight (standing, walking) on my left leg until August but I'm home.  Small apt. here and it's a challenge maneuvering this wheelchair, plus we're moving to another apt (smaller!) on Monday.  My sister and bro in law were going to help but they now both have covid!  They were supposed to come visit last week, 3 days before my BIL tested positive.  At that time I wasn't up for visitors even family so I asked them to come another day.  So lucky I did that because one thing worse that being in rehab is being isolated with covid in rehab.  We were tested weekly for covid.  My sister got covid 2 days after her husband tested positive.

Happy news is my daughter and grands will be coming for a 10 day visit in August, after camp, before school starts. I should be walking by then.  Can't wait for those hugs.

Glad to hear you are home and sorry t hear about your sister and BIL.

• Thanks 1