Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@xpcdoojk As my late mother would say, “If you can’t say anything nice,don’t say anything.”. 

IMHO,that is good advice.😉

MJ

I absolutely agree.

Paulines late dad  said this too.

He was the nicest most wonderful Father in law.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

When they come over for dinner, I always add an hour onto the time they say they will arrive and feed DH appetisers while we wait…1 1/2hrs late is the norm.

We also have friends like those... We've learned to tell them 7PM instead of 8.30PM, so they're always "on time" 😉

I respect other's time and I'm always punctual, to the point that DH says: "again, we're the first couple to arrive"....

It seems that everyone hates to be "the first one". I don't get it.... Someone should be the first, isn't it???

• Like 9

Just now, dani negreanu said:

We also have friends like those... We've learned to tell them 7PM instead of 8.30PM, so they're always "on time" 😉

I respect other's time and I'm always punctual, to the point that DH says: "again, we're the first couple to arrive"....

It seems that everyone hates to be "the first one". I don't get it.... Someone should be the first, isn't it???

Exactly Dani. We are always punctual too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My birthday was Monday and we spent the night in a riverfront hotel room with a comfortable balcony. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris in the hotel with friends

Happy Belated Birthday! I love Ruth Chris! Glad you had a beautiful celebration.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  

Glad to hear you are home from rehab, Bonnie, albeit under the circumstances that await you with the big move to your new apartment.  Sorry to hear your sister and BIL have Covid and aren't able to help.  Hopefully they don't feel sick.

How great to hear that you have the visit from your daughter and grandchildren to look forward to next month.  It will be here before you know it!

I hope you aren't in too much pain with your leg these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I tend to watch everything I can on the first Elizabeth. She has really captured my interest. It was pretty awesome to see her tomb at Westminster Abbey.

Are you watching Becoming Elizabeth?. I have always been fascinated by the Tudors and am enjoying this series. It starts when Henry V111 dies.

Mary 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Glad to hear you are home from rehab, Bonnie, albeit under the circumstances that await you with the big move to your new apartment.  Sorry to hear your sister and BIL have Covid and aren't able to help.  Hopefully they don't feel sick.

How great to hear that you have the visit from your daughter and grandchildren to look forward to next month.  It will be here before you know it!

@BonTexasNY, Bonnie,

+1 🥰

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm home from rehab, after almost 5 weeks.  I still can't put any weight (standing, walking) on my left leg until August but I'm home. 

So happy you are home. Best of luck with the rehab. As someone who is still rehabbing my knee replacement after 6 months, the key is to stick with it. Don’t get discouraged. You will have good days and bad days. You will do great.

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Geez.  Local new media reports NCL dropped their pre cruise covid  test as the headline.  Then the article goes on to say it doesn't apply to the US, Canada, and a couple of other places.

I wonder how any people read the headline, and not bother with the rest.

I saw the same headline and got my hopes up. Glad I read the whole thing. I hate it when they do that.

I tend to watch everything I can on the first Elizabeth. She has really captured my interest. It was pretty awesome to see her tomb at Westminster Abbey.

I loved the Crown. I think you will too. Great acting. John Lithgow as Winston Churchill is amazing.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Are you watching Becoming Elizabeth?. I have always been fascinated by the Tudors and am enjoying this series. It starts when Henry V111 dies.

Mary 

Where can I find this??  I would love to watch this.  I've always been fascinated  by the Royals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Congratulations on being home!

I hope you have lots of help for the move.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Bonnie,     Welcome Home.    Even though it is only a matter of days before you move it is probably nice to be back home to your own surroundings.       Although I would miss having help and prepared meals.    Your Hubby is sure going to be busy with helping you and preparing for the move.       Take care and keep us posted. 🤩

I will, thanks.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy that you are home,Bonnie.Sorry to hear about your sister and her husband .I have not been with my grandkids since they left for their cruise last week and miss them greatly.Wishing you a wonderful time with yours.

Can't wait for their visit.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@jagsfan Happy Belated Birthday Mimi!

@BonTexasNY glad to hear you’re finally home Bonnie.  One step (no pun intended) closer to back to normal.  

Thanks. I forgot what normal is!

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

It seems like you were in rehab forever. I know you’re happy to be home in your own bed, but you’re going to be tempted to do too much, especially moving!

Just deciding what goes where is exhausting!

I hope you can get some help!

Seems like forever to me too.  So good to be home!

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks.  Pain is minimal to moderate today.  I messed up getting into a regular chair at home and stepped on my "bad" leg.  Ouch!

• Like 4

Care to elaborate?

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Netflix series I think. Covers Elizabeth's entire life. Not complete yet, not sure Diana has died yet. Somewhat dramatized obviously, but fairly close. 

Laura watches it. I come in and out

We love the series. Really good casting and acting.  

• Like 2

@jagsfan  HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES, MIMI!!!!🌹🎂🌹

What a great way to celebrate your Birthday.  You and Dick look wonderful!!

Love the pictures!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Luckynana said:

Where can I find this??  I would love to watch this.  I've always been fascinated  by the Royals.

It's on Starz and is the story of the three orphaned children and the political things going on with people trying to get power. There is the background of catholic and protestant religious changes. Looking at it with today's eyes there is also some heavy duty "grooming " going on which is documented in historical documents.

M

Tomorrow is my moms surgery day. I have to have her there by 11am for the 2pm procedure. Spent part of the day preparing her retirement home room, on zoom class and work emails. Hopefully tomorrow will be quieter, overall. 

• Like 19

41 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

It's on Starz and is the story of the three orphaned children and the political things going on with people trying to get power. There is the background of catholic and protestant religious changes. Looking at it with today's eyes there is also some heavy duty "grooming " going on which is documented in historical documents.

M

Thank you!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tomorrow is my moms surgery day. I have to have her there by 11am for the 2pm procedure. Spent part of the day preparing her retirement home room, on zoom class and work emails. Hopefully tomorrow will be quieter, overall. 

Good luck with your mom's surgery tomorrow, Andrew.  🙏

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

🙏 

56 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You and your mom will be in my thoughts. I hope everything goes as planned and Is successful.

• Like 1