Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Your namesake is doing very well. Has gotten nicely acclimated to living here and is very comfortable.  He's learning which pieces of furniture he's allowed on and which he is not. For example, living room couch and dining room chairs are okay but dining room table is not. And Kitchen counter is a definite no-no. 

While he is my little buddy & will let me pet him for hours, he's definitely a mommy's boy. Only me step daughter is allowed to pick him up & he usually comes when she calls him. Not running right away like a dog but in true cat style, will wait a minute,  then slowly saunter over as to say "Yeah, I heard you call me but I'll come when I'm good and ready". Except at night when its time to go to bed, he'll always run in the bedroom at her side when she says good night.  He won't leave her bedroom until she does, except for litter box breaks. The litter box is in the bathroom.

In 1985 my wife and I adopted a 6 week old kitten .She was in a cage with the name Punky on it.We assumed that it was her name and that she responded to the name so we never changed it.Several years later we were in the area of the adoption center and decided to go in.On the cage that Punky had been in was still Punky and we realized that it was just a name on the cage.

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Halloween - DD has a meet up in the city every year with friends who fly in from interstate for the weekend. 
Her costume this year is Guy Fieri. She chose him because he signed her cowboy hat at Stage Coach a couple of years back. 

When I lived in Australia no one celebrated Halloween and they had only seen it on tv. My mom, in the US, sent boxes filled with a lot of decorations and candy. There were all different candies but I only remember candy corn and root beer. My host family had a party and gave the candy to all of the neighbors so the kids could trick or treat.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ownedbypets said:

When I lived in Australia no one celebrated Halloween and they had only seen it on tv. My mom, in the US, sent boxes filled with a lot of decorations and candy. There were all different candies but I only remember candy corn and root beer. My host family had a party and gave the candy to all of the neighbors so the kids could trick or treat.

The kids would have loved those American candies.

Halloween is very popular here now.  On Halloween eve, you see large groups of teens and smaller groups of parents and kids in costume out door knocking.  You “see” them because it’s daylight savings here in late October.

• Like 5

Hello all!  Home from my wonderful 2 week trip to France and Spain.  Everything went off without any hitches which is so amazing since we were planes, trains and automobiles 🤣.  Too many pages to catch up on but wanted to let all my UK friends know how sorry and sad I am about the Queen. She was an amazing monarch and loved so dearly.  Yesterday, while in the Delta lounge during our 6 hour layover, I watched the replay of the service in Scotland and was so moved.  

Well, off to the laundry room….😊

Jennifer

Edited by jmh2006
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Hello all!  Home from my wonderful 2 week trip to France and Spain.  Everything went off without any hitches which is so amazing since we were planes, trains and automobiles 🤣.  Too many pages to catch up on but wanted to let all my UK friends know how sorry and sad I am about the Queen. She was an amazing monarch and loved so dearly.  Yesterday, while in the Delta lounge during our 6 hour layover, I watched the replay of the service in Scotland and was so moved.  

Well, off to the laundry room….😊

Jennifer

Welcome home, and welcome back!!!

• Like 2

@HBE4 belated Happy Birthday wishes!

A bit of a rant here.  Andy’s surgery was 8:30 this morning, done in about an hour. Dr sent in prescription for Percocet,  to be taken starting at 2:30 pm today, every 6 hours for 3 days, a total of 15 pills.  By 1:30 pm, we still had no notification that it was ready so Andy called the pharmacy.  They stated it was an “insurance issue”.  When he pressed them for more info, the tech talked with the pharmacist who said insurance wouldn’t approve only 3 days worth, they said they’d only approve 7 days worth so Andy would need a new prescription from the Dr for 7 days worth.  What??????  Andy said I don’t want 7 days worth. They replied the only way to get the 3 day prescription was to pay out of pocket - a whopping $22.49.  So that’s what we did, duh. And people wonder why there’s an opioid problem???

Okay, rant over. Back to our regular topics lol. 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My bionic man is no longer bionic.  He had his 2nd wrist surgery this morning to remove all the hardware.  This bandage & splint will stay on for 10 days until the stitches are removed and he can then start a new regimen of PT focusing on motion of the wrist now that the metal plate is out.  

Good luck with the PT and sounds great that he has the hardware removed. Give him my best for a speedy recovery.

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

This past Saturday, Sept 10th, was my birthday. My 2nd bday without my DW being able to be at my side.  Family and friends’ step-up to the plate to keep my occupied.

Happy belated! Sounds like you have a great support group. Cheers to you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We re-booked the Bella cruise in March that we previously cancelled.  I posted the good news on our roll call but not sure how many in here visit that thread.  I'm so anxious to meet everyone!!  Jack is even getting "cruise fever"!

Wait!!!  When did you cancel?

Glad to hear you are back onboard!🥰

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Very easy to grow, never have had a failed crop in all the years I have planted them. Zucchini are always the first thing to be harvested in my garden followed by Banana Peppers and the Banana Peppers are the last thing to be harvest right up to the first frost. If you can cover them when you know frost is coming you can easily extend the growing season for them too.

You don't need to plant a lot of them either because you will get a lot even from  5 or 6 plants.  Half a dozen plants are plenty to plant.

Definitely!!     I have 4 or 5 banana pepper plants and they have been big producers all summer.    Still going strong.      I had a lot of cucumbers this year, they seemed to be never ending but have now stopped producing.   Kinda glad I was cucumbered out😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

A bit of a rant here.  Andy’s surgery was 8:30 this morning, done in about an hour. Dr sent in prescription for Percocet,  to be taken starting at 2:30 pm today, every 6 hours for 3 days, a total of 15 pills.  By 1:30 pm, we still had no notification that it was ready so Andy called the pharmacy.  They stated it was an “insurance issue”.  When he pressed them for more info, the tech talked with the pharmacist who said insurance wouldn’t approve only 3 days worth, they said they’d only approve 7 days worth so Andy would need a new prescription from the Dr for 7 days worth.  What??????  Andy said I don’t want 7 days worth. They replied the only way to get the 3 day prescription was to pay out of pocket - a whopping $22.49.  So that’s what we did, duh. And people wonder why there’s an opioid problem???

Unbelievable, agree this is why we have issues, not a good thing.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My bionic man is no longer bionic.  He had his 2nd wrist surgery this morning to remove all the hardware.  This bandage & splint will stay on for 10 days until the stitches are removed and he can then start a new regimen of PT focusing on motion of the wrist now that the metal plate is out.  5C39A6A7-6153-4690-8B47-8D959831051B.thumb.jpeg.f952101ec3faceeea5f421b12bbeab52.jpeg

Excellent news!    He will be so happy when this all healed and he has full motion of his wrist again.   🥰

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Tonight's dinner!  We will be putting the mozzarella on tonight at your suggestion!

I hope you enjoyed.

Boy, it is hard to keep up on this thread while working at my new job.    Love all the sharing and caring🥰

@Sea DogVery Happy to hear that hotel situation is fixed and you are booked at another location.    As Maryann said, have yourself a Kraken😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

4 qts is a bit much but cutting it in half will cut the pasta to only 4 oz.  I think I'll put in less crushed tomatoes and broth.  If it looks like it needs more liquid, I'll add as needed.  I like to idea of using a slow cooker.  I don't know the size, but it seems substantial. I especially love the liners which make clean up so easy.

I can't wait to make this soup.  It's got all the ingredients I will use, except for the tabasco. 😏

Recipe is printed out and ready for my upcoming shopping trip. 

Maybe make the recipe and freeze some extra soup for another Fall day?😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you enjoyed.

Boy, it is hard to keep up on this thread while working at my new job.    

I always do enjoy it, Debbie!

I've been wanting to ask how Eric made out with the scooter while on the Oasis, but I imagine it was pretty tough with the ship being so crowded;  especially since you posted about the long wait for the elevators, and so many rude people onboard.  What a shame☹️

• Like 2

Last night we had some nasty storms blow through.    Lots of rain and thunder woke me up, sounded light it was on top of my roof.     This morning was a mess driving to work with lots of down trees and power lines.     On my way there were still several areas with utilities and asplundh workers.     We definitely need the rain but not that much that quick. 

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night we had some nasty storms blow through.    Lots of rain and thunder woke me up, sounded light it was on top of my roof.     This morning was a mess driving to work with lots of down trees and power lines.     On my way there were still several areas with utilities and asplundh workers.     We definitely need the rain but not that much that quick. 

Glad your house wasnt impacted

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I always do enjoy it, Debbie!

I've been wanting to ask how Eric made out with the scooter while on the Oasis, but I imagine it was pretty tough with the ship being so crowded;  especially since you posted about the long wait for the elevators, and so many rude people onboard.  What a shame☹️

He did a mix of walking sometimes and scooter sometimes.    He also loves hanging out on the balcony and since we had a JS with large balcony he really loved it.    

Yes, the times we waited for an elevator when he had the scooter were crazy.     There were several times we would be the only people standing there waiting then a family of 4, 5 or 6 people would show up and jump on the first available elevator like we were invisible.   There was also a couple of times where elevator had maybe 2 or 3 people in it and the door would open up and see Eric with his scooter and they would close the doors right away by hitting the button.   

There was a one large group that just was plain ignorant everywhere they were.     

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow,this is the first time that we did not have the same weather as you.No rain at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Just one small example of how out of control this country has allowed insurance companies to become when it comes to health care.

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very heavy rain here this morning with a few rumbles of thunder but no wind to do any damage.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He did a mix of walking sometimes and scooter sometimes.    He also loves hanging out on the balcony and since we had a JS with large balcony he really loved it.    

Yes, the times we waited for an elevator when he had the scooter were crazy.     There were several times we would be the only people standing there waiting then a family of 4, 5 or 6 people would show up and jump on the first available elevator like we were invisible.   There was also a couple of times where elevator had maybe 2 or 3 people in it and the door would open up and see Eric with his scooter and they would close the doors right away by hitting the button.   

There was a one large group that just was plain ignorant everywhere they were.     

Good grief!😕

• Like 1