Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Graham likes Sorrentos and I consider him to be an expert in good food.

Thank you Lenny.

We went to Sorrento's every day on Anthem because the Pizzas were absolutely gorgeous and the best we have ever tasted.

We regularly have pizza's in the UK which are lovely.

We have had pizza's in Napoli,Rome and Venice which were nice but imo Sorrento's pizza's on Anthem September 4th- 12th 2022 were better.

My grandmother was Italian and a great cook.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 11.46am in the UK and Her Majesty the Queen's funeral is currently taking place at Westminster Abbey.

We have been watching TV coverage for the last 5 hours.

Very sad and very moving.

Pauline has been crying non stop.

Graham.

She was a wonderful Monarch and lived through so many interesting times.  Give Pauline and yourself a hug from me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 11.46am in the UK and Her Majesty the Queen's funeral is currently taking place at Westminster Abbey.

Graham.

So have we what a spectacle 

• Like 3

I have been watching here in PA for the last 2 hrs.   Beautiful service that has brought tears to my eyes.

I found Camilla not looking well.  I imagine they have all been lacking sleep.   

The bearers did a wonderful job walking down the steps.

So very sad to say goodbye to the Queen a truly amazing woman.   God Bless the Queen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been watching here in PA for the last 2 hrs.   Beautiful service that has brought tears to my eyes.

I found Camilla not looking well.  I imagine they have all been lacking sleep.   

The bearers did a wonderful job walking down the steps.

So very sad to say goodbye to the Queen a truly amazing woman.   God Bless the Queen.

Camilla has a broken toe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Do we have to wait for the post-cruise review thread, or are you going to fill us in on what these are and your opinion of each???

Yes I will go into great detail on my “as if live” review. Sorry you have to wait but the way I’m writing it makes it hard to do it live. Trying to be creative with everything. Each post will have a title and be somewhat of a short story. I hope you will like it

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They all must have started drinking early.

That’s exactly what I thought. Although the first night everyone was slamming drinks like crazy. All the bars were packed. Last night was a little more subdued.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How long is this walk they are doing from the church to Buckingham Palace?

0.9 miles.

The coffin will be put in a hearse at Wellington Arch on Constitutional hill and driven 55 miles to Windsor castle.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Graham.

Such a sad day. I was pleased that the Captain talked about and said it would be available to watch on tv’s around the ship.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't realize the storm turned into a hurricane until we turned on local news after dinner.   Cat 1 now but they expect to become a cat 3 and may curve towards Bermuda for next weekend.

Watching the videos on news channel looked horrible with flooding, roofs blowing off buildings and a new bridge built after Hurricane Maria being washed away.   Very sad.

How awful.🙏

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It was a good day today.  Daughter finally tested negative for Covid, so she will be back on her normal treatment schedule in another week. 

Today was the end of boating season for us. I spent my day cleaning our boat, winterizing it, and moved it into it’s garage spot for the winter.  It was also a day to clean the garage and the vehicles.  After all that work, I had to channel Sea Dog, and relax with a kraken Colada.  I think my bartender is more generous with the kraken pour. Oh, wait, that would be me. 😏

6677E16C-6486-4D40-9FA6-77A76223F596.thumb.jpeg.7e1f6e575908bca2f93f2caa30f9055d.jpeg

Good news for your daughters negative.  You had a very busy day yesterday, but good busy.  Love the Kraken!  Cheers to you!

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Survivor starts up this Wednesday.

Let's hope they leave the "drama" out of it this Season .  If not, it's adios to this show that we e watched since their very first season

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

So does Big Sky with Reba.  Wednesday will be a good tv night.

What is this show about?  Is it a series?

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Tough decision tomorrow. Sail away is at 4:00. Kickoff is at 4:15.  Maybe they’ll show the game in the 270 Lounge with the mountains in the background. 

Bon Voyage, Bob and Micheline!! 🛳️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you'd like a nurse's advice, stock up on baby wipes and some sort of ointment (diaper rash ointment, A&D ointment, or even just Vaseline/petroleum jelly).  

Don't use toilet paper at all -- use baby wipes only (toss in trash instead of flushing).  And after the first "go" apply the ointment liberally to the entire area, and reapply after every single "go".  

It's so much easier to prevent a "ring of fire" situation than it is to correct one after it has already developed!  

Charge all your devices, put some bottles of water in the bathroom, and camp out! LOL

Thanks, I will definitely take your advice!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Graham.

A sad day indeed.  So sorry 😔

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We have been watching here as well.  They have had some extraordinary camera angles in the coverage.  

Very impressive 

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Camilla has a broken toe.

Yeah, I head read about that.  Ouch!

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks, I will definitely take your advice!

Good luck on your prepping.  As we all know, that's the worst of it.  Tomorrow will be a piece of cake (sorry about the food reference)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Re: Big Sky

It is a series.  This will be the third season.  It is set in Montana, the first and second season were about a serial killer/human trafficker/drug dealers.  Not too gory, kind of creepy, very fun. It wrapped those story lines up last season so this season will be all new and Reba McIntire is in it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

It is a series.  This will be the third season.  It is set in Montana, the first and second season were about a serial killer/human trafficker/drug dealers.  Not too gory, kind of creepy, very fun. It wrapped those story lines up last season so this season will be all new and Reba McIntire is in it.  

I've not previously heard of the show.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I've not previously heard of the show.

It is on ABC on Wednesday night 9 p.m. central time.  There is another show that has been teased titled Alaska Daily with Hillary Swank that looks interesting.  I think it will be on FOX and it starts in October.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Graham.

She will be sorely missed. ❤️

• Like 2

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you'd like a nurse's advice, stock up on baby wipes and some sort of ointment (diaper rash ointment, A&D ointment, or even just Vaseline/petroleum jelly).  

Don't use toilet paper at all -- use baby wipes only (toss in trash instead of flushing).  And after the first "go" apply the ointment liberally to the entire area, and reapply after every single "go".  

It's so much easier to prevent a "ring of fire" situation than it is to correct one after it has already developed!  

Charge all your devices, put some bottles of water in the bathroom, and camp out! LOL

tmi

• Haha 2

On 9/18/2022 at 9:48 AM, Arzeena said:

Welcome back.

How was the cruise? Were you in your angled balcony on deck 8? Is Captain Matt onboard? Pete?
We are going in October.

We were in 9209, an angled balcony on the hump.  Loved the cabin…best stateroom attendant ever.  Pete was CD; was impressed he was in the terminal saying goodbye as we were debarking at the end.  Love Equinox.  On embarkation day a lady in an elevator with us commented to her husband that the buttons weren’t touchless.  He replied “It’s an old ship.”  😡  I felt someone had insulted my child!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2