Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is lovely and loved by all the family,her older sister is horrible and disowned her daughter (our lovely niece Sarah) and her late mam.

I don’t get how families can be so complicated.  Not difficult, just be nice.

I will always remember my youngest’s ex telling me how lucky we were that there were never any fights in our household - he came from a big volatile family, they are successful in business but shout a lot to get there. 

Then he goes and cheats on youngest with her cousin’s sister in law, who just happens to live in the same block as us.  Of all the people to cheat with, she was not even pretty.   He proves that it is not ‘luck’ that prevents fights, it is living in a way that looks for complications.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I paid for a luxury all inclusive 30 day RC fly cruise and stay around Australia and New Zealand for them for their 60th birthdays.

They then decided to fall out with the family so I didn't even get a birthday card for my 60th off them 4 years ago.

Wanna be my brother in law?  - darn it my 60th has past!  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks Marietta.

I hope so too. We picked Valentine's Day because our relatives were coming from Texas and NJ. It was also President Lincoln's birthday so it gave them a 3 day weekend. I also always wanted either rubies or emerals in my wedding ring. My birthstone is diamond and Mike's is ruby. So the red and white theme went along with the date. A few pictures. Not the best quality taking a picture of an old photo with my phone. Here is my handsome hubby.

Screenshot_20210214-164948_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-164958_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-171718_Samsung Internet.jpg

What lovely photos.

You look beautiful and your husband is handsome.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well, after fighting for three weeks to beat Covid, my 98 yr old Aunt died early this morning.  She lived in the memory care unit of an assisted living facility that had been Covid free for over ten months.  Unfortunately, a new admission to memory care tested positive three days after admission.  Since that time, fourteen residents have tested positive and now six have died, my Aunt being the latest.  They expect more to pass as it has hit them hard.

Very difficult on my Mom since she was not able to go say goodbye.  They told her she could go in but she decided that it did not make sense to possibly expose herself, which we totally supported her in her decision as she is in her 80's.

All of these residents, except the new admission, received their first vaccine on January 15th but the new admission came in on January 11th, so many were likely already exposed at the time of their vaccines.  Second vaccines were supposed to happen last Friday, but most were too sick or still in their quarantine period to get the second shot.

Don't let your guard done and get your shots as soon as you can.

Sending you our deepest sympathy for the loss of your Aunt.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well, after fighting for three weeks to beat Covid, my 98 yr old Aunt died early this morning.  She lived in the memory care unit of an assisted living facility that had been Covid free for over ten months.  Unfortunately, a new admission to memory care tested positive three days after admission.  Since that time, fourteen residents have tested positive and now six have died, my Aunt being the latest.  They expect more to pass as it has hit them hard.

Very difficult on my Mom since she was not able to go say goodbye.  They told her she could go in but she decided that it did not make sense to possibly expose herself, which we totally supported her in her decision as she is in her 80's.

All of these residents, except the new admission, received their first vaccine on January 15th but the new admission came in on January 11th, so many were likely already exposed at the time of their vaccines.  Second vaccines were supposed to happen last Friday, but most were too sick or still in their quarantine period to get the second shot.

Don't let your guard done and get your shots as soon as you can.

Oh that is so sad.  I feel for your mother but of course she did the right thing.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was to late to add this to my post. A recent picture. Still as handsome as before. He will always be the most handsome man to me. 😍

Screenshot_20210214-175952_Messages.jpg

That's lovely you still feel like this.

Pauline and I tell each other many times each day I love you.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

The person supposedly quarantined wherever they came from for two weeks and tested negative on admission, but positive three days later.  It was a poor choice by management.

That is the danger of testing, it makes everything seem OK.    I am glad that I am not one of those managers.  Trying to give care in a pandemic is not easy. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Like I said sometimes it's how it is, if I told you even a few things my sister has said you would say the same  but I blame my mom for spoiling her. She also has a 80 iq. She and bil got a dog, who had cancer and in so much pain he had to have the dog put down. She went around at church, senior center, saying he was a dog killer, because he didnt immediately go out and get her another dog. He told my mom she threw her wedding ring at him and said he didnt love her. She has manipulation down to a T, but if anything happened to him, guess who is stuck taking care of her. She cant make change for $1 and does nothing for herself, he does all the work. 

How about when my mom sent her to me when she couldnt handle her, and she went next door and told my neighbor he got her pregnant. Every guy I brought home she cuddled up to and tried to give him her phone #, she is a delight, but no one yelled, they just acted appalled but she never got yelled at.

That's where I'm coming from. Someone who doesnt have the ability at this time to act right or talk right. ..i know ugly but helpless to stop it. That's why i asked if the sister was a adult mentally. I've spent my whole life dealing with someone making terrible comments. I so dread I cant tell you the thought I might have to be her only caregiver. Sometimes life gives you someone in your family who is inappropriate. I've argued with my mom over her spoiling my sister but my mom cant stop herself.i cant change either of them. I moved away from my family 3 times, if you dont understand how hard it was on me.

We understand.

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful.  I definitely see family resemblance in Sarah.

Pauline and her sister look very similar.

Sarah spent most of her childhood in our house.

This was Sarah, Pauline's late dad and me over 30 years ago in our back garden.

Screenshot_20201106_195451_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 5

I was looking for an old email (it is a Bank Holiday and yes family I am genuinely working on my thesis.  I noticed this ad as I was about to close this page.  

Without commenting on the dolphin - I did smile at the strapline.  The two things a company knows will attract customers -  not about the fun, the food, the views, the entertainment, the value for money ....  no that it is safe and ......  that it is open.  

54648D4F-A999-4A2E-B8CF-CF694FADBB86.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

This made me chuckle. I sometimes get calls from companies selling siding. I explain that i have a brick home. 😊

I used to get calls from "We are the ones that installed your carpet, and are offering low cost carpet cleaning".  Huh?  My whole house was tile.  😉   And of course the ones that call reminding us to renew our car warranty...um...yeah.  Bucky's ragtop Jeep is almost 20 years old.  And the "call me back on the loan you applied for, we need more information".   Uh...have not applied for a loan in years.

Scammers.  Shame they don't take their talent to something honest and useful.  More money in being a low life slime I guess.  😈

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ours was my homemade pizza.  Bucky's favorite meal.  😉 

Our was chicken ala Didi.  Similar to chicken cordonblu.  I call it ala Didi as my first boss was from france and his wife, Didi, gave me the recipe.  And I made my Nana's recipe for stuffing and homemade fudge brownies.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

More money in being a low life slime I guess.  😈

Absolutely true.  There will always be people who are either too kind or too ignorant who fall prey to these scams.  The scammers are continually improving their sales pitch.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Absolutely true.  There will always be people who are either too kind or too ignorant who fall prey to these scams.  The scammers are continually improving their sales pitch.

Would be nice to think those slime balls will get their just reward later in life.  😈

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

I used to get calls from "We are the ones that installed your carpet, and are offering low cost carpet cleaning".  Huh?  My whole house was tile.  😉   And of course the ones that call reminding us to renew our car warranty...um...yeah.  Bucky's ragtop Jeep is almost 20 years old.  And the "call me back on the loan you applied for, we need more information".   Uh...have not applied for a loan in years.

Scammers.  Shame they don't take their talent to something honest and useful.  More money in being a low life slime I guess.  😈

There was a young girl from India who phoned about our internet on Saturday morning.

Pauline took the call and asked the girl why are you trying to scam us.

The girl was apologetic and said she doesn't like the job and felt guilty that they are scamming people but said it's the only job she can find and can Pauline say a prayer for her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lisa also got this small gift yesterday. It is a blown glass business card holder, that came from Alaska.  If you remember my Alaska live cruise review, from a few years ago, we went to Jewell Gardens in Skagway. They specialize in blown glass and we took a lesson on glass blowing. Turns out  they have an Etsy store and they ship to Canada. 

It blown glass piece in the pattern of fireweed, and Alaskan plant which turns bright red as the summer progresses.  

3E77A313-FE74-4412-8832-7F5E7998C503.thumb.jpeg.5ebc361d37cfc7c8a2c846374b2edd80.jpeg

In our house it will be used to hold recipe cards, similar to this idea below. I’m happy to see that it currently is holding the chocolate chip cookie one as it sits on the counter. 😋

D5DBCD06-689A-40FA-B7BF-68704E60E98A.thumb.jpeg.83497e628584612c78de054ee3882da9.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11

We have finally succumbed to cabin fever.  We've never been to Key West and always wanted to go.  A video popped up on YouTube about the high speed ferry that runs from Fort Myers to Key West.   Serendipity.  Maybe we could book or quick 3 or 4 day get away??  We looked at driving to Fort Myers and then taking the ferry, driving to Orlando and then flying (no direct flights from JAX), or driving the entire way in our car over 2 days.  We had a hard time finding anything affordable in the historic district and the whole thing starting becoming difficult to plan on short notice.

Long story short, we abandoned the Key West idea for now.  Easy enough to do that later with a little better planning.  We will instead drive 5 hours to Fort Lauderdale and stay a few nights at the Lago Mar Resort on the beach.  We'll leave Wednesday afternoon after a bed gets delivered and come back on Saturday.  Anyone else been there?  Looks like a nice place to relax and soak up some sun.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa also got this small gift yesterday. It is a blown glass business card holder, that came from Alaska.  If you remember my Alaska live cruise review, from a few years ago, we went to Jewell Gardens in Skagway. They have an Etsy store and they ship to Canada. 

It blown glass piece in the pattern of fireweed, and Alaskan plant which turns bright red as the summer progresses.  

3E77A313-FE74-4412-8832-7F5E7998C503.thumb.jpeg.5ebc361d37cfc7c8a2c846374b2edd80.jpeg

In our house it will be used to hold recipe cards, similar to this idea below. I’m happy to see that it currently is holding the chocolate chip cookie one as it sits on the counter. 😋

D5DBCD06-689A-40FA-B7BF-68704E60E98A.thumb.jpeg.83497e628584612c78de054ee3882da9.jpeg

Those are beautiful!!  I also adore Skagway, one of our favorite ports.  And always buy earrings that are designed to look like Fireweed.  So beautiful to see them in full bloom everywhere.  They were "topping off" as we left last year...and indeed it was getting colder...even at end of August.  

I had reservations for the Glass blowing demonstration and garden tour there in Skagway for last August...naturally those were cancelled by their company.  Hope to try it again another year.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1