Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for posting this Dani.  It is uplifting to see that people from all over the world is concerned.   I looked up the Dr and she sounds special and a great doctor!

I too see a Neurologist every 3 months. My next visit is 2 weeks from yesterday.  I will see if my Neurologist is familiar with this one.

The hospital where I see my Neurologist is currently experimenting with a new ALS treatment. The doctor in charge of it is part of a multi-institutional research team.

I wish you the best,  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We were able to match to top Black on MSC via NCL status. I do not like MSC one bit. Tried them 3 times and that seems to be enough.
We did Princess to Hawaii as well. I LOVED that cruise. It was on Ruby Princess. The only other Princess we have been on was the Enchanted. LOVED that ship and staff/crew on board.
Also they were much better to deal with and more generous (than Royal or NCL) with all the returns and rebookings and reshiftings during the pandemic.

I have read several negative things on MSc but very rarely anything but positive things on MSc yacht club. You can even book a inside cabin to save money in YC, YC service is fantastic, live music all night in lounge , great outdoor area with pool , hot tub , restaurant, bar , never a problem getting a lounge chair.

• Like 4

My daughter has been getting her classroom ready for the return of students to school next week. 

We had her two kids, so we all stopped at the school to drop off something she needed.  Of course, our granddaughter had to give her cousin a tour of the school and show him every classroom she has been in.  

As we were wandering the halls, what did we spy but one of Daryl’s kin.  

IMG_2835.thumb.jpeg.339d3396c7f1398c4e3736111cf3adf9.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 10

51 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

This looks very nice. What place is this, if you do not mind me asking?

30A area FL.  Technically I’m in Alys Beach.  Pronounced “Alice” Beach

That particular pool photo is at the condo complex at the very beginning of 30A.  I can’t recall the name of it right now.  Big Bad Breakfast patio seating is in the lower level of the complex.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for posting this Dani.  It is uplifting to see that people from all over the world is concerned.   I looked up the Dr and she sounds special and a great doctor!

I too see a Neurologist every 3 months. My next visit is 2 weeks from yesterday.  I will see if my Neurologist is familiar with this one.

The hospital where I see my Neurologist is currently experimenting with a new ALS treatment. The doctor in charge of it is part of a multi-institutional research team.

Wishing you all the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today is the birthday of my youngest granddaughter.She is 16 and is spending the day working at her summer job in an ice cream parlor.

She will earn more for today (4 hours) than I earned for the entire summer at my job at her job in a place familiar to some :Staten Island ,NY.

• Like 10

On 8/13/2024 at 2:43 PM, Sea Dog said:

My neighbors love Princess and that’s all that they sail. They are up their in the loyalty stays but they say everything is great, food, drink, entertainment and activities.

My friend Mark and his wife have been cruising more than 20 years and only on Princess.He has been posting on CC about as long and only posts on the Princess boards.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Same for me. A few friends of mine have teenage kids who are in no rush to get their licenses because they “don’t want to grow up “. I don’t get it, but then again I’m an old gen X’er

My parents never drove and I did not drive till I was 29.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is the birthday of my youngest granddaughter.She is 16 and is spending the day working at her summer job in an ice cream parlor.

She will earn more for today (4 hours) than I earned for the entire summer at my job at her job in a place familiar to some :Staten Island ,NY.

Happy Birthday to her.   My granddaughter, who lives with us, will be 16 on Sunday.  
🎂

• Like 5

Happy 16th birthday to your dear youngest granddaughter Lenny.

Screenshot_20240814_204112.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy Birthday to her.   My granddaughter, who lives with us, will be 16 on Sunday.  
🎂

Happy birthday wishes to your lovely granddaughter on Sunday Marietta.

Screenshot_20240814_204807.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just as @h20skibum Mark and Susan’s SOF is wrapping up, we are kicking off Camp NanaPapa.  Our oldest drove up Monday with our 3 PA grandsons.  We went out to dinner that night and lobster rolls were the favorite. 
IMG_1945.thumb.jpeg.c0745cacceee6527d39226120a829fbc.jpeg

Tuesday, I took the two older boys to Federal Hill, also known as RI’s Little Italy.  We stocked up on Italian goodies for dinner, homemade pasta, freshly baked bread and all the makings for an antipasto.  In the afternoon, we went fishing at the lake near us. Only one teeny fish was caught, but they had fun. 
IMG_1952.thumb.jpeg.5fd58e16b7aa3fff3047ae224ea81129.jpeg

IMG_1957.thumb.jpeg.017691beca27d1a945f47428137d4c93.jpeg

IMG_1961.thumb.jpeg.7f113ecc03403815fe4a19a6c4b77f1a.jpeg

Today, we had breakfast at a funky diner near our house, followed by kite flying at Beavertail Park in Jamestown.  
IMG_1983.thumb.jpeg.5d66ba919a3f89f9850a574da0beb776.jpeg

IMG_1981.thumb.jpeg.cba50b7be19964ba9b771e5c9d3590fe.jpeg

IMG_1987.thumb.jpeg.5517ddb7f216c549f442c41d8ac2358d.jpeg

IMG_1996.thumb.jpeg.46c0c6b2f10f9e253a30137b4cde8058.jpeg

IMG_1998.thumb.jpeg.8b1b3e4e1ee1bb4ba3bb6e1d393e8d8c.jpeg

Burgers& hot dogs tonight along with some swimming.  

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 32

My friend Mark and his wife have been cruising more than 20 years and only on Princess.He has been posting on CC about as long and only posts on the Princess boards.

I think I have made about 6 posts on Princess since I joined CC even though we are top Elite loyalty.

The first time I posted someone questioned what I was doing on their thread.

I replied that we are Captains Club Elite loyalty.😀

We were this loyalty on Princess when we were only Gold on Royal Caribbean 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Those look amazing. Happy you had a great time.

I love lobster rolls we go at least once a month to a nice seafood restaurant that serves them and my December msc yacht club normally serves them in there suite restaurant on there private island , then in March we can get a lobster roll in suite restaurant on embarkation day lunch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

I love lobster rolls we go at least once a month to a nice seafood restaurant that serves them and my December msc yacht club normally serves them in there suite restaurant on there private island , then in March we can get a lobster roll in suite restaurant on embarkation day lunch. 

We just got a Cousins Maine Lobster food truck in Kansas City. They were featured on Shark Tank. I have not eaten there but it's on my list. They have an app that tells their schedule where they will be around town. Pictures of their lobster roll look really good.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2024 at 5:33 PM, Tree_skier said:

Around 1985 I owned a yellow 1975 Volkswagen Rabbit.  That was the first year of the Rabbit.  What a nightmare car that was.  It looked like a lemon and it was one too.  Apparently mine was in the first half of the years model release since it had a carburetor.  The second half of that years release as well as every other year after that was fuel injected.  Me, owning it 10 years after it was first sold, obviously had to do a lot of work to keep it running.  I needed to rebuild the carb and started calling around for a carb kit.  Everyone told me they don't have carbs they are all fuel injected.  Even the dealer insisted it wasn't possible. I actually drove to a local dealer just to prove to them I wasn't jerking them around.  

I eventually found a mechanic that said he could rebuild and he used parts from a domestic car.  To much time has elapsed now and I can't remember what car it was but a remarkable number it parts were interchangeable.  I remember picking up a solenoid and starter from the wrecker, among other things, to keep that old piece junk running.

1975VolkswagenRabbit.thumb.jpeg.a3e6e52022a983a7d6b54867f3d1df9b.jpeg

What a story and this is a flashback for me. My dad had a 70s VW similar to this. The green wasn’t as bright but this gives you the idea. 

IMG_3773.webp.94a12852bfa6febd8178148d80b0ae08.webp

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We just got a Cousins Maine Lobster food truck in Kansas City. They were featured on Shark Tank. I have not eaten there but it's on my list. They have an app that tells their schedule where they will be around town. Pictures of their lobster roll look really good.

We had the Cousins Food Truck at our community clubhouse during covid times.   It was good (and expensive).  I did not realize they were in shark tank.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We had the Cousins Food Truck at our community clubhouse during covid times.   It was good (and expensive).  I did not realize they were in shark tank.

That Cousins food truck from Pittsburgh was at a festival we went to recently.  Unfortunately we had eaten before we got there, and we were too full to try them.  They looked really good. 

IMG_1526.thumb.jpeg.6d726eb1400d1d282134509d4155e9b6.jpeg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Pretty interesting success story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2