Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Chicken broth, a few slices of lemon, thyme and rice.

Sounds great. I'm sure it will be delicious. The rice was what I was wondering about as I saw texture but was not sure what it was. Bon Appetit !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Chicken broth, a few slices of lemon, thyme and rice. The chicken is rubbed with margarine and has some salt and chicken spice on it. We will cook some peas and that’s it. The rice is scooped from the dish and served as well. 

Sounds delicious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember the first time I heard The Mindbenders, Groovy Kind of Love.  I had just broken up with my first serious boyfriend.  We dated 6 months and I was devastated.  That song destroyed me every time I heard it. It was a reminder of what I had and lost.  To this day, a lifetime later, even with a wonderful husband and a life I would never change, I'm transported back in time when I hear it.  Phil Collins did a great job on his version, but for me, that song will always belong to The Mindbenders.

Something about this thread makes me comfortable enough to share life's experiences in here.  I could never do that on a tipping, or chair hog thread.  I have Dani to, again, thank.

That’s the thing about music, how one song can totally transport you to a specific place & time in your life.  
Also agree with you about the comfort level on this thread.

Happy Birthday tomorrow!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Here’s what we did for fun today, installing pool fence.  A little frustrating that DH refuses to pay someone to do work he can do himself, but I don’t mind the $$ savings.  We finished one entire  side today along with the safety gate. 

I appreciate that. The theory of it is easy, but doing it is another reality.  I’m sure a few choice words might have escaped as well during the day.  

The pavers look great.  They actually look like ours, or darn close to it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

A little frustrating that DH refuses to pay someone to do work he can do himself, but I don’t mind the $$ savings.  

I "own" the same "specimen", and I'm not frustrated one tiny bit -- on the contrary, not only saving $$, but being sure about the quality of the work done...😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You coming?

Yes, it is also DW and I's 30th wedding anniversary.  I booked a CLS for the first time time.  I'm really looking forward to this and meeting you all.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I appreciate that. The theory of it is easy, but doing it is another reality.  I’m sure a few choice words might have escaped as well during the day.  

The pavers look great.  They actually look like ours, or darn close to it. 

He had it well planned out and only hit a few snags - a/k/a rocks & tree roots.  Which naturally resulted in said choice words LOL.  The pavers are Unilock, actually manufactured in Uxbridge Mass about 45 minutes from us.  They put polymeric sand type material between, wet it and allowed to dry for 12 hours.  

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes, it is also DW and I's 30th wedding anniversary.  I booked a CLS for the first time time.  I'm really looking forward to this and meeting you all.  

Another celebration to add to the list, there are several birthdays falling in that week. Plus St Patrick’s Day ☘️

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I personally love a diverse  range of music.

Soul,gospel,Motown, country,disco, classical as well as modern pop.

Graham.

Me too.  my tastes range from Tom Jones and Michael Buble to AC/DC and Greenday and just about everything in between.  My secret sin is Abba.  Most people who knew me wouldn't believe it but I had a secret crush on Anni-Frid all through my teen years.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a cousin who passed away in 1969 at age 102.That to me was amazing .

Amazing.

And if he passed with his full faculties and relatively good health, like Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, then hats down all the way [and he still had another 18 years, according to Hebrew custom wishes 😁].

• Like 1

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Amazing.

And if he passed with his full faculties and relatively good health, like Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, then hats down all the way [and he still had another 18 years, according to Hebrew custom wishes 😁].

My cousin was a female in very good health.She came to the US from Poland in1909.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Me too.  my tastes range from Tom Jones and Michael Buble to AC/DC and Greenday and just about everything in between.  My secret sin is Abba.  Most people who knew me wouldn't believe it but I had a secret crush on Anni-Frid all through my teen years.

Very interesting AC/DC and Michael Buble.That is some range.I never heard that before.

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Too hard for me list list a favorite song. I have many over a wide diverse spectrum. A lot of mine are drummer related. But here is a few.

"Hungry" by Paul Revere and the Raiders

"Norwegian Wood" Buddy Rich Big Band

"Roundabout" Yes

"Speed King" Deep Purple

"Footprints" Miles Davis

"What is Hip" Tower of Power

"Lucky man" Emerson, Lake and Palmer

"Dirty Love" Frank Zappa

"Come Fly with Me" Frank Sinatra

"Take Five" Dave Brubeck Quartet

"Brother to Brother" Gino Vannelli

"Principals of Lust" Enigma