Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

If the price was more reasonable.............we might have joined you. Certainly not paying 3X for a suite!!!! We are doing the B2B2B for about the prices of 1 week on the Bid Up.

Am I going to like the Infinite verandah?

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sunshine....Happy Birthday Debbie!  Enjoy your Special day!

Thank you.  I'm having a really nice day.  3 hrs on the beach and just got back from dinner.  I had lobster roll that was full, overflowing.  Yummy!

Now enjoying mojitos on our front deck.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Am I going to like the Infinite verandah?

We opted for a Sunset View cabin - all the way aft and a traditional balcony. I looked at pictures and read some reviews............either you love them or not your cup of tea. I guess that I am a traditionalist and like the full opening of a balcony. I do plan to look into one during the cruises and will know more about how it works.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I retired in 1999 but my wife did not retire till 2008 .We could not cruise until then.I found myself missing work and re-retired in 2004.

I am not retired. Just very tired.😒

Still 15 years before we can even dream about it. I am going to buy the lottery to hurry things.😁

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I just gained 5 pounds from looking at the picture............can you FedEx a piece?????

I think my husband would object to any of the pie going missing.  He said it was very tasty.

• Haha 2

Just now, cruise wizard said:

We opted for a Sunset View cabin - all the way aft and a traditional balcony. I looked at pictures and read some reviews............either you love them or not your cup of tea. I guess that I am a traditionalist and like the full opening of a balcony. I do plan to look into one during the cruises and will know more about how it works.

Very few choices were left when we booked. We have Aqua cabin deck 10.

And i am excited about this new verandah. Just wondering if it is for me, lover of ocean breezes and sunshine and the cool AC.

31 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Dani, I graduated from Our Lady of Good Counsel, right down the street from Silver Lake.  When I was in high school, we all went to the Silver Lake Concerts in the '60's.  Not to hear the music....it was a great hangout, and then we'd head to Joe and Pat's for pizza!  Good times;  I loved growing up on the Island.  My daughters all say the same thing.  They all graduated from St. Joseph Hill.

I graduated St. Peter’s 1967, sadly it closed a few years back.  Silver Lake concerts every Wednesday!  My best friend was at the Hill.  We usually ended up at Pal Joeys.

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Very few choices were left when we booked. We have Aqua cabin deck 10.

And i am excited about this new verandah. Just wondering if it is for me, lover of ocean breezes and sunshine and the cool AC.

You will have to let us know about the Infinite Verandahs. Aqua Class is nice - we have done it once and enjoyed Blu. Typically we book Concierge Class but the afts now are all classed as SV. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I graduated St. Peter’s 1967, sadly it closed a few years back.  Silver Lake concerts every Wednesday!  My best friend was at the Hill.  We usually ended up at Pal Joeys.

I graduated St. Louis Academy 1966.  Loved it there.   They closed in 1970.  I knew some girls who went to Peter's.  I think Bonnie Backus went there?  I can't think of the other names, other than two friends who graduated in 1970..Kathy Geissler and Dorothy Thompson.  Kathy played basketball under Joan Gumb.  My oldest daughter went to Oneonta with one of Joan's nieces.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.  I'm having a really nice day.  3 hrs on the beach and just got back from dinner.  I had lobster roll that was full, overflowing.  Yummy!

Now enjoying mojitos on our front deck.  

Sounds like a fabulous birthday celebration.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Do you or @Luckynanaremember the Jolly Trolley off Victory Blvd. near Clove Lake Park?  Every year the upper day camp groups would "hike" from the campgrounds to the ferry terminal.  It was a very long hike. One perk was a stop at the Jolly Trolley for ice cream along the way.

Just googled.  Distance is 2.2 miles but for us kids it seemed endless and very tiring.

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I used to roll my eyes and cringe at the thought of paying to listen to the radio. Once I purchased the 2007 car, (used from a dealer, I got it in 2012) it came with a 3-month trial  & I was hooked. Not only no commercials and minimal DJ talking - can't stand those Z-morning zoo type DJ's - I really liked the diverse music genre's. I get bored listening to the same music so one day it's Alt Nation, then BPM (electronic dance music), then 60 & 70's, country, etc....

Best part is now I can stream XM thru Alexa so I can listen in the home without having to purchase another device, carry it with me wherever I go, etc.

I think I got hooked on XM back over a decade ago too.  The diversity of music ad free is fantastic.  It gets me listening to genre's I'd never normally listen to.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think I got hooked on XM back over a decade ago too.  The diversity of music ad free is fantastic.  It gets me listening to genre's I'd never normally listen to.

I just like Raw Dog Comedy, would listen to it between Orlando and Atlanta 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I just like Raw Dog Comedy, would listen to it between Orlando and Atlanta 

I'll listen to a mix.  Comedy, News/Talk and music. I'll catch a hockey game too when it is in season and I'm on a long road trip.