Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I am wondering what phone service you have.  I had Sprint ( now T Mobile) and it includes Canada (and Mexico),  Also , when I was in Nassau , I had text and data.

I have AT&T.   They have a plan (for extra cost) I can get for a 30 day International plan for those that are traveling.  I will opt for that in 2 weeks, since our next rental home is just across the water from Canada also.  I am at the "Moose Cabin" for four weeks.  The Canadian towers are much stronger than the towers on our side of the border.  Should work fine.  

Beyond excited.  We're driving up to NJ beginning of August.  It's been 2 years since we saw our grandkids and we all are ready for some serious hugs, kisses and real time spoiling.  Our friends are already planning a get-together.  This is even better than cruise anticipation!!  OK, a close 2nd. 😄  When I asked my daughter how long we should stay she said "forever".  It's why they bought a house with an in-law suite.  It's a vague thought but pushed away in back of our minds for the time being.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Beyond excited.  We're driving up to NJ beginning of August.  It's been 2 years since we saw our grandkids and we all are ready for some serious hugs, kisses and real time spoiling.   This is even better than cruise anticipation!! 

OK, a close 2nd. 😄  

Glad you have your priorities in the "right" order 😉 😁

The final countdown is on till the wedding this weekend. 
Today got up at 4:30 am so the cleaning lady can get started. Oh. Wait. I’m the cleaning lady. Then at 8:00 am off to take his shirts in to dry cleaners. Shortly there  after had to do a double order of cheese cake cups. Only got 12 dozen out of batch.  Time for coffee. 
Now organizing and putting together 30 gift bags for out of town guest staying at hotel after reception. 
When  that is done then organize all the storage crates to go to venue on Wednesday. 
Then plan and cook supper. 
Just in time to clean up so no new messes. 

7AF91534-7E9B-445D-B023-FC45D17D2E7E.jpeg

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today got up at 4:30 am so the cleaning lady can get started. Oh. Wait. I’m the cleaning lady. Then at 8:00 am off to take his shirts in to dry cleaners. Shortly there  after had to do a double order of cheese cake cups. Only got 12 dozen out of batch.  Time for coffee. 
Now organizing and putting together 30 gift bags for out of town guest staying at hotel after reception. 
When  that is done then organize all the storage crates to go to venue on Wednesday. 

Lots of hard work and I am sure it will pay off into a beautiful wedding!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@island lady thought you would find this interesting.  All about Maine LOBSTAH rolls.

That was great!!  Thanks!   We know Reds, as it is really one of the most popular places for lobster rolls.  So much so, the line snakes across the street every day in the summer...really clogging up traffic on coastal highway one.  😮😉 

Me, I am in the hard shell team.  Not a fan of soft shell for the same reason as he found out...does not fill out the shell, though easy to get into.  🙂

This was a great video...thanks for posting it!!  😄 

44 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Wow...you are so organized.  Good job!  🙂 

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

That was great!!  Thanks!   We know Reds, as it is really one of the most popular places for lobster rolls.  So much so, the line snakes across the street every day in the summer...really clogging up traffic on coastal highway one.  😮😉 

Me, I am in the hard shell team.  Not a fan of soft shell for the same reason as he found out...does not fill out the shell, though easy to get into.  🙂

This was a great video...thanks for posting it!!  😄 

I thought of you when I saw it and knew you would recognize places he visited.  As I must have mentioned previously, this ex-New Yorker thought lobster rolls were like Chinese egg rolls filled with lobster. 🤣 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad you have your priorities in the "right" order 😉 😁

Actually, that came out wrong.  I meant the cruise anticipation was 2nd but very close!  I don't think I'm a seasoned enough cruiser to miss it as much as others who post in here.  Our last cruise was in 2018 and I'm fine waiting until Friends of Bella cruise in 2023 ALTHOUGH rates for cruises out of Galveston, especially Allure, are very appealing for 2022.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Actually, that came out wrong.  I meant the cruise anticipation was 2nd but very close!  I don't think I'm a seasoned enough cruiser to miss it as much as others who post in here.  Our last cruise was in 2018 and I'm fine waiting until Friends of Bella cruise in 2023 ALTHOUGH rates for cruises out of Galveston, especially Allure, are very appealing for 2022.  

I plan on bringing the ship to you!  😉 

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Traveled this afternoon to celebrate a milestone birthday for my oldest cousin. So we had family craft time to put together a gift for her.  

59C5DAEC-88F4-404C-9ACF-C4E4E397D04F.thumb.jpeg.baa8623d69651dd38dd639c08e37b818.jpeg

It’s beautiful. Too bad it won’t become a family heirloom!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@island lady thought you would find this interesting.  All about Maine LOBSTAH rolls.

That was good.  I love Maine lobster.  Traveling the NE coast is on our bucket list.  I was surprised to see them eating it with what some call tomolley on it.  When we lived in Massachusetts, and I was very young, I thought I remember that the green stuff was to be avoided.  I also would now like to try clams off the grill.  Never would of even thought of grilling clams.

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It’s beautiful. Too bad it won’t become a family heirloom!

It very well may.  My wife fashioned a shirt out of money for her mother’s birthday one year, and had it presented in a shirt box.  

After her mother passed away, we found that money shirt still in the box. She had always said she found it too nice to tear apart. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2

Guest bag treats for 30 hotel rooms complete. Two trays of snacks to go with catered luncheon. One for grooms room and one for brides.
Day is young so I will start washing all the cookie trays for the cookie traying party this Thursday morning starting at 7:30am. Estimated 375-400 dozen cookies need trayed. Anyone interested in helping?  Delivering them to venue hopefully by 1:00 pm.   So if bored and have free time help appreciated. 

Better yet bring a friend or for that matter any enemies . No help refused.  Well except my husband. Gotta send him away to do busy work. He can um you know get in the way. But gotta love him. He has put up with me for 29 years and 326 days. But he says he’s not counting. 

1216DAD3-7638-493F-B9A2-CC02C0FFEB0A.jpeg

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That was good.  I love Maine lobster.  Traveling the NE coast is on our bucket list.  I was surprised to see them eating it with what some call tomolley on it.  When we lived in Massachusetts, and I was very young, I thought I remember that the green stuff was to be avoided.  I also would now like to try clams off the grill.  Never would of even thought of grilling clams.

The tomalley is basically the liver. It actually has a great lobster flavor if you don’t think about it too much. 
we eat the coral, too, which is the eggs. 
Maine caviar!

5 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Guest bag treats for 30 hotel rooms complete. Two trays of snacks to go with catered luncheon. One for grooms room and one for brides.
Day is young so I will start washing all the cookie trays for the cookie traying party this Thursday morning starting at 7:30am. Estimated 375-400 dozen cookies need trayed. Anyone interested in helping?  Delivering them to venue hopefully by 1:00 pm.   So if bored and have free time help appreciated. 

Better yet bring a friend or for that matter any enemies . No help refused.  Well except my husband. Gotta send him away to do busy work. He can um you know get in the way. But gotta love him. He has put up with me for 29 years and 326 days. But he says he’s not counting. 

1216DAD3-7638-493F-B9A2-CC02C0FFEB0A.jpeg

You have done a fabulous job of planning and seeing it all come together. 
It’s almost time to enjoy the wedding. 
I hope there’s a videographer so you can absorb the whole thing later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

The guest are going to love this. If you have leftovers maybe we can take them off your hands on our way through.  We are headed to Lakeside at Marblehead in a couple of weeks.  The kids are planning our route so we can stop at Skyline Chili a few times.

• Like 1