CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

Well finally we have been made whole, final refund of shore excursions and pre paid flight seats received today, just 73 days since initial refund submission. 

Now we can draw a big line under this debacle and move on. 

Sad to hear today that more job losses in the travel business, easyJet announcement that 30% of staff need to go and prediction that the travel business will not recover to prior levels until 2023. 

43,000 BA staff to be made redundant in June with only 30,000 re-employed on far inferior contracts. Sad times.

Some scheduled airlines flatly refusing to provide refunds despite travel being booked in the UK and therefore subject to our legislation and should be refunding within 7 days for cancelled flights. These are not the ones in the headlines such as Ryanair, BA, Virgin Atlantic and easyJet. 

Good news that you have finally received all your payments back.

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I should have been clearer, it's the same  cruise, I was only due one refund.

I see what you mean.

You couldn't make it up unless that's your compensation for waiting 74 days.🤣

15 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

You couldn't make it up !

Just received another refund from PO !!  It's  like buses, you wait 74 days for a refund and get paid twice in 48 hours.

Bank it, and repay it in 74 days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I should have been clearer, it's the same  cruise, I was only due one refund.

Unfortunately due to the extraordinary circumstances it will of course take a minimum of 60 days for you to return the refund .... minus any suitable "administration fee" and "return charges."😂

8 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

That’s hilarious and shows how incompetent they and their systems are.

Out of pure curiosity, what’s the value? If you plan on returning it, send it my way and I’ll phone them and say I consider my refund paid emoji23.png

Or of course offer to write to them saying that the overpayment shall now be held in the form of a "Refund Credit Note" which they will 100pc be entitled back to around April 2022 - unless they wish to redeem the voucher by inviting you on to an extra cruise of your choice which actually sails in the meantime....

The refund credit note shall of course be worth around 25pc less than its current cash value, like a FCC.

The irony.... interesting how quickly it's gets chased by finance

• Like 2

I am going to have a ball !  

Due to my work commitments, refunds are taking longer to arrange. Rest assured you will get paid, but it may take a while, 74 days seems the norm.

£3243 is the payment.

Edited by bobstheboy
Additional
  • Haha 1

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked before. Is there any evidence that no fly cruises have been refunded quicker fly cruises? Hearing that some June cruises had been refunded when others hadn’t made me wonder about this. 

Our February Caribbean cruise cost over £5000. It was the last one Britannia did before they were curtailed. Our June cruise to the Baltic is from Southampton and cost £3200. We are up to day 33 so not expecting a refund anytime soon. The cynic in me makes me wonder if they have decided to refund the cheaper cruises first, to help their cash flow and increase the number of people they can say have been refunded. Just a thought.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I am going to have a ball !  

Due to my work commitments, refunds are taking longer to arrange. Rest assured you will get paid, but it may take a while, 74 days seems the norm.

£3243 is the payment.

I think you should email them saying that you are no longer accepting post at your address, that your telephone lines do not accept incoming calls and your email is unmanned during this pandemic. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I think you should email them saying that you are no longer accepting post at your address, that your telephone lines do not accept incoming calls and your email is unmanned during this pandemic. 

Good idea !

Are you sure you would not like to make a video like Mr ludlow did on You Tube ?

You could add a link to the e-mail :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

Hi, first post.  We are now on 72 days awaiting refund.  Booked direct with P.O., cancelled 17th March due to government age restrictions, told that it was 45 days for full refund and that shore excursions would be cancelled automatically and refunded.  Received cancellation form (wrong) same day, rang after 51 days now told 60 days and would have to fill in excursion refund form, emailed P&O to ask for refund to be escalated on 64 days, received one line email to say that we have been escalated, still waiting, definitely a black hole.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked before. Is there any evidence that no fly cruises have been refunded quicker fly cruises? Hearing that some June cruises had been refunded when others hadn’t made me wonder about this. 

Our February Caribbean cruise cost over £5000. It was the last one Britannia did before they were curtailed. Our June cruise to the Baltic is from Southampton and cost £3200. We are up to day 33 so not expecting a refund anytime soon. The cynic in me makes me wonder if they have decided to refund the cheaper cruises first, to help their cash flow and increase the number of people they can say have been refunded. Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, RockyRose said:

Hi, first post.  We are now on 72 days awaiting refund.  Booked direct with P.O., cancelled 17th March due to government age restrictions, told that it was 45 days for full refund and that shore excursions would be cancelled automatically and refunded.  Received cancellation form (wrong) same day, rang after 51 days now told 60 days and would have to fill in excursion refund form, emailed P&O to ask for refund to be escalated on 64 days, received one line email to say that we have been escalated, still waiting, definitely a black hole.  

Hello, to be honest, the evidence so far shows no consistent logical pattern to how refunds are being received.  As today's example shows, they do seem to have significant communication and coordination problems, even within their internal processes.  Frustrating!

As you will have seen, timeliness of refunds is certainly not matched to maximum of 60 days.  With a few exceptions, at the moment the range seems to be anything from 50-90 days and the Refund appears often without advance notice, depending on method of payment.

The key thing is to keep pushing them, particularly if you have passed the latest deadline and where you should be in the queue.  Don't take "being escalated" as meaning "you have been escalated."

Same applies if you are expecting a call back from a team leader.  Means nothing.  Messages can take anything from a day to a week or more to be replied to, by email / social media etc.

Chargeback and credit card claims are the fallback (and theoretically small claims) but thankfully, most people have not needed that route so far. 

Good luck and hope your patience is rewarded soon🙂

Glad you got your refund Jean, really fed up with waiting.  I have been following this thread, so have seen all the replies, pleased that such a lot of you have now got refunded, what I find annoying is that P&O are not refunding as they said in date order or at 60 days as Paul Ludlow announced.  Our cruise was 16 days so a large refund is owing to us.