CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I would suggest sending her a reminder because she is good.

Sometimes she emailed me back straight away and other times later that day or next day.

Just rang P&O about pricing up a 2021 cruise I have my eye on

Mentioned my 2020 cruise and how I`m patiently awaiting a refund, Young lady l I spoke to could NOT have been more helpful, she has spoken to a manager and they agreed to escalate my refund, she has emailed their finance department, I should receive it this week or next - Happy days !!

Be happier when its refunded to me obviously but happy at the moment none the less

All my plans prior to this cruise have been cancelled and refunded just not the cruise as of yet...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Whilst sitting in the garden this morning enjoying a coffee, Pauline and I were discussing our Sept B2B where the balance is due next month. After previously thinking we would cancel and put the deposit into a FCC, we now are considering paying the balance and hoping that cruising is up and running by then, and FCO travel restrictions lifted.

We are fortunate that we can afford to tie up the money, possibly for 6 months, if  we cannot cruise, and would really like to get a holiday this year if at all possible.

Similar situation to us.  Balance is due end of next week.  We don't intend cancelling, but in the event that PandO pull the cruise.... We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  Luckily for us, the bulk has already been paid as we booked using FCCs from cancelled cruises.  Ideally what we really want to do is simply go on the cruise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Mentioned my 2020 cruise and how I`m patiently awaiting a refund, Young lady l I spoke to could NOT have been more helpful, she has spoken to a manager and they agreed to escalate my refund, she has emailed their finance department, I should receive it this week or next - Happy days !!

Be happier when its refunded to me obviously but happy at the moment none the less

All my plans prior to this cruise have been cancelled and refunded just not the cruise as of yet...

There was a girl in the office called Mary who escalated our refund claim and Sarah emailed me an hour later and my refund turned up 7 days later.

Hopefully your refund turns up soon.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

There was a girl in the office called Mary who escalated our refund claim and Sarah emailed me an hour later and my refund turned up 7 days later.

Hopefully your refund turns up soon.

Grapau27

Thank you, I hope so too, One less thing to worry about and one less refund to receive !!

Cruisefan2012

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Also on day 73 from refund request, third phone call today, answered in a couple of minutes, nice chap, usual sympathy and promised to email a manager to escalate with the Anti-Sales department to see if they could have a whip around for me.

When P&O mentioned over 70s I thought it was passengers but obviously it is the new time frame for refunds.

I'll put a tenner in the kitty.

Graham.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When P&O mentioned over 70s I thought it was passengers but obviously it is the new time frame for refunds.

I'll put a tenner in the kitty.

Graham.

Thanks for the virtual tenner Graham. Like many here it's not the cash, after all it was already spent on the holiday, it's the annoyance of being fed little white ones. 

• Like 3

We're in the money! Just checked the bank for the 3rd time today and guess what it's arrived, day 74! So hope this gives hope to those still waiting. no notification from P&O that it had been paid, so worth checking!😎

Doreen

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Grando said:

We're in the money! Just checked the bank for the 3rd time today and guess what it's arrived, day 74! So hope this gives hope to those still waiting. no notification from P&O that it had been paid, so worth checking!😎

Doreen

That is wonderful news.

Delighted for you Doreen.🍾🍹Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grando said:

Doreen

Fantastic Doreen, really pleased for you. 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Any coincidence that you enquire a new cruise and get escalated? Good tactic.. 

Pleased for you, hope it turns up soon. 

Andy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is wonderful news.

Delighted for you Doreen.🍾🍹Graham

Thank you Graham and Andy, its been a long time and I don't thnk P&O have come out of this with glowing colours, we have been told so many different stories from very nice and understanding people on the phone,  I don't blame them they are only saying what they have been told to say. Must say Mr Ludlow has been noticeable by his absence! Lets hope we can put it all behind us and hope we will be able to do our cruise next year insurance permitting!

Doreen

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I would suggest sending her a reminder because she is good.

Sometimes she emailed me back straight away and other times later that day or next day.

Isn't that the new P&O payment method....... contactless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Isn't that the new P&O payment method....... contactless.

Well we have been advised to pay by card and contactless wherever possible, so we should commend P&O on obeying the government recommendations. 😂😂

Just now, Josy1953 said:

Well we have been advised to pay by card and contactless wherever possible, so we should commend P&O on obeying the government recommendations. 😂😂

In that respect you are absolutely correct. P&O have interpreted it as , don't contact the punters.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Any coincidence that you enquire a new cruise and get escalated? Good tactic.. 

Pleased for you, hope it turns up soon. 

Andy 

This could be the answer to my missing refunds ....I’ll give it a go tomorrow....not that I want to book another one at the moment but it’s worth a try 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

When/which ship was this Kalos?

Cruise Director looks familiar.

Monday 27th march 2017 Azura Transatlantic with Capt Camby .

As for her name ??? I have forgot ,sorry to say :classic_blush:

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Grando said:

Thank you Graham and Andy, its been a long time and I don't thnk P&O have come out of this with glowing colours, we have been told so many different stories from very nice and understanding people on the phone,  I don't blame them they are only saying what they have been told to say. Must say Mr Ludlow has been noticeable by his absence! Lets hope we can put it all behind us and hope we will be able to do our cruise next year insurance permitting!

Doreen

+1

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

Monday 27th march 2017 Azura Transatlantic with Capt Camby .

As for her name ??? I have forgot ,sorry to say :classic_blush:

Thanks,I thought we might have been on the same cruise but weren't on that cruise.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

We are also booked on Arcadia 19 nighter in October, but I can't see us paying the balance in July.  I am not comfortable that it will actually go ahead, neither do we know if the Government are going to lift travel restrictions.

• Like 1

Well finally we have been made whole, final refund of shore excursions and pre paid flight seats received today, just 73 days since initial refund submission. 

Now we can draw a big line under this debacle and move on. 

Sad to hear today that more job losses in the travel business, easyJet announcement that 30% of staff need to go and prediction that the travel business will not recover to prior levels until 2023. 

43,000 BA staff to be made redundant in June with only 30,000 re-employed on far inferior contracts. Sad times.

Some scheduled airlines flatly refusing to provide refunds despite travel being booked in the UK and therefore subject to our legislation and should be refunding within 7 days for cancelled flights. These are not the ones in the headlines such as Ryanair, BA, Virgin Atlantic and easyJet. 

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

We are also booked on Arcadia 19 nighter in October, but I can't see us paying the balance in July.  I am not comfortable that it will actually go ahead, neither do we know if the Government are going to lift travel restrictions.

We are in a similar position with a September B2B, but the recent slow release from lockdown has encouraged us to think we might pay the balance, just in case cruising has restarted and travel restriction have been lifted.

I intend checking with P&O to ensure that if we are unlucky enough to be on lockdown due to Track and Trace, that we would get a full refund, and not restricted just to the current 48 hrs limit.