CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

I wonder if P&O have been “leaned on” by the CMA with a threat to name then unless they rapidly improve their refund process. TUI were publicly named and shamed by the CMA, guess P&O,wouldn’t want the same treatment.

As for P&O saying normal cancellation  terms apply for cruises booked before the criteria was published, given the material change to what was booked originally I suspect the CMA may get involved at some point if P&O don’t change this policy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

I wonder if P&O have been “leaned on” by the CMA with a threat to name then unless they rapidly improve their refund process. TUI were publicly named and shamed by the CMA, guess P&O,wouldn’t want the same treatment.

As for P&O saying normal cancellation  terms apply for cruises booked before the criteria was published, given the material change to what was booked originally I suspect the CMA may get involved at some point if P&O don’t change this policy. 

I think the key point will be what do the other UK cruise operators do, particularly TUI, Saga, and Fred Olsen.  I don't know where they are up to.

If all of these three offer a cancellation flexibility, then P&O will come under pressure to change course.  If via CLIA they have all agreed to treat customers the same (i.e. badly) then this will likely be the reality.  

I think that TUI were "leaned on" more for their land based package holidays.  At the moment, P&O are not quite positioned on the naughty step.

5 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

I think the key point will be what do the other UK cruise operators do, particularly TUI, Saga, and Fred Olsen.  I don't know where they are up to.

If all of these three offer a cancellation flexibility, then P&O will come under pressure to change course.  If via CLIA they have all agreed to treat customers the same (i.e. badly) then this will likely be the reality.  

I think that TUI were "leaned on" more for their land based package holidays.  At the moment, P&O are not quite positioned on the naughty step.

Marella cruises were named in the document, so not just landed based.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:21 PM, safathome said:

Not bad, 3 weeks after requesting deposit refund - just wait to see how long it takes to get back with us.

email -

Quote "Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience. We are sorry that the unprecedented nature of Covid-19 has meant we have been unable to contact you as soon as we would have liked and as we do normally. 
We are pleased to be a travel company which is able to offer refunds but the impact of Covid-19 upon our business and all of our lives has been devastating, and therefore the complexity and scale of this task has been unprecedented for us.
At P&O Cruises, we have had to adapt our ways of working very quickly as we set up new systems and all our colleagues began working from home.
We are pleased to confirm that your refund claim has now been processed. The money will be returned to the original payment card, please see details below:
Amount to be refunded: £XXXX (removed by me)
If you had submitted more than one claim, please bear with us as we continue to work through the outstanding requests. You will be notified of the outcome of your claim in due course. " unquote

I presume this e/m is the general reply .

still waiting on the big refund though of which we were asked to submit the form twice.

Steve 

Deposit back on the card, paid in on 8 Oct. Nice one. 2 to go.

Steve

• Like 2

We had our cruise cancelled in June let them assign the 125% fcc .Have now decided to ask for refund via web form .initially I think it said I had to end of October 2020 so I guess I will get it ? Anybody had second thoughts 

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

We had our cruise cancelled in June let them assign the 125% fcc .Have now decided to ask for refund via web form .initially I think it said I had to end of October 2020 so I guess I will get it ? Anybody had second thoughts 

If you haven't redeemed the FCC then you are entitled to the money back.  

I think a lot of people will be "cashing in" their FCC chips at this point instead of gambling on the new brochure, that's a personal choice for everyone of course.

Just an update on dep refund .Thought I would follow up with an email not thinking I would get a quick reply but got one this morning confirming that the refund would be sent as soon as possible in a cheque . So things looking up on their system response will see how long it takes 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Just an update on dep refund .Thought I would follow up with an email not thinking I would get a quick reply but got one this morning confirming that the refund would be sent as soon as possible in a cheque . So things looking up on their system response will see how long it takes 

Good luck👍

After nearly 7 months since the cruise was cancelled in late March and numerous emails with guest relations we have finally received a cheque for the last part of our refund. This was for the extras booked on the JET2 flights included with the cruise. What a carry on though. Only managed to resolve this last part by raising a complaint online as I could not get anyone to answer the phone line within 45 minutes on several occasions. Even then it was a long haul with 28 days being quoted (and at least that being used) each time for a reply. The biggest frustration was being told in late September after 3 months of emails that my cruise fare was refunded back in May which I of course was aware of but just highlighted how messed up they still are this far into the pandemic. By now I'd have thought things would have been simplified and improved.

All I can say is if you are still due parts of your holiday costs, keep at it, remind them every time they delay longer than they say and don't give up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mc_Cruiser said:

After nearly 7 months since the cruise was cancelled in late March and numerous emails with guest relations we have finally received a cheque for the last part of our refund. This was for the extras booked on the JET2 flights included with the cruise. What a carry on though. Only managed to resolve this last part by raising a complaint online as I could not get anyone to answer the phone line within 45 minutes on several occasions. Even then it was a long haul with 28 days being quoted (and at least that being used) each time for a reply. The biggest frustration was being told in late September after 3 months of emails that my cruise fare was refunded back in May which I of course was aware of but just highlighted how messed up they still are this far into the pandemic. By now I'd have thought things would have been simplified and improved.

All I can say is if you are still due parts of your holiday costs, keep at it, remind them every time they delay longer than they say and don't give up.

Thank you for sharing this.  Another example of the persistence needed and I know how frustrating they can be!

It's a useful reminder to anyone who says that the refund situation is sorted - it isn't. 

Also, a useful insight that there is seemingly no level of delay which P&O considers so unacceptable that any gesture of goodwill from them should be forthcoming.  This will benefit uncertain of booking in the 2022 brochure (possibly versus other companies).

Pleased that you are now back reimbursed 🤑👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mc_Cruiser said:

Pleased you are finally sorted.

Thought it was to good to be true decided to go for my £100 as a cash refund .used the Web form backed it up with separate email and 2 days later p and o replied confirming that they had received request and would get the money as a cheque sometime .I thought all was well and then blow me someone else sent another email 4 days later and said that the 2022 brouchure wasn't out yet and I should hang on to get the best value . I was told I cannot use fcc with a booking I want to move  from 2021 to 2022 .ie cannot use both, one or the other so plumt cash dep refund and move 2021 to 2022 when its out so don't know where I stand 

Had another reply from p and o again saying they were sorry for the late reply 48hrs !since I sent email .Again confirming claim for cash refund but this time stated upto 60 days so things not getting any faster . Will let you know how long it takes 

I’ve been following this thread and I’m pleased to see that a few people are now reporting refunds. I’m currently at day 118 after being told on 25 June that it would take ‘up to 90 days’.  
unless I’m misreading the posts, it seems some are receiving relatively quick refunds for cancellations well after mine. As we’d already paid in full when PandO cancelled the cruise we’re looking at a substantial amount of money

I’m glad I can say through all the trading difficulties of this year, we haven’t treated any of our own customers this way

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manx buoy said:

They say things come in threes won a lucky dip on Saturday, Euromillions on Tuesday and today a refund after only 5 weeks.  I’m in a state of shock what a great service from P&O 🤪

Wow ! Whilst you are on a roll ,maybe buy a happy meal to keep yourself in a good place .:classic_smile:

If you only got 2 numbers then you will have to make the price up.:classic_wink:

Nice one on the swift refund as well :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that P&O were given a dishonourable mention on Rip Off Britain on BBC. 

A lady had paid a substantial deposit (£1000 or so) on a cruise that was cancelled due to CV19.  Rather that a refund, she took a FCC, which she used against a cruise on Oceana. That cruise is obviously now not going ahead, and for personal reasons she no longer wishes to cruise. However,  because she took the FCC, she is unable to get her original deposit refunded.

That well known "rent a quote ", Simon Calder,  explained that by accepting FCC, the lady in question had opened a new contract with P&O,  and they were acting within the letter of the law. Under pressure from the BBC, P&O caved in, and returned the deposit to the lady in question.

I guess most of us probably knew that FCC comes with certain conditions, but I thought it might be worth relating this tale, in case anyone is considering between FCC and a refund.

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Wow ! Whilst you are on a roll ,maybe buy a happy meal to keep yourself in a good place .:classic_smile:

If you only got 2 numbers then you will have to make the price up.:classic_wink:

Nice one on the swift refund as well :classic_biggrin:

See a guy called Andy won £500k on GMB this morning.

I wonder if it is our Andy?😃

Just now, grapau27 said:

See a guy called Andy won £500k on GMB this morning.

I wonder if it is our Andy?😃

If it is, I still have a luxury ship & caravan for sale and some shares in a Greek yoghurt company ..

Should he wish to invest :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

• Haha 1