CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

Strange how some are getting either full or part cruise refunds so quickly but there are many on P&Os Facebook page still complaining they have not received refunds from months ago.

For our March Azura TA refund we waited 66 days and another 4 days for the deposit so I was happy to get our deposit of £169 for Iona February 20th 2021 back this morning 13 days after getting our cancellation invoice and only 21 days after I filled in the online refund form.

Graham.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Maybe they should be taking more proactive measures after waiting that long.

Quite. It takes just a few minutes at most to make a S75 claim for a credit card payment (or a chargeback claim for a debit card) and it works.

Probably a lot less time than posting about it on internet forums!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Quite. It takes just a few minutes at most to make a S75 claim for a credit card payment (or a chargeback claim for a debit card) and it works.

Just about 2-3 month ago, almost every post was written in regard of some refund procedure or refund received. I guess this particular thread is solely about refunds and all other threads were merged together and put in here. This is how it looks 

Typical P&O:

My refund received this morning, apparently processed by them on the 6th...yippee!  So not what they said but...

After checking my refund, I received one of their corporate emails thanking me for my patience and advising that it was now going to be processed...after they had done it...🤔

Last dealings with them until Christmas Eve when the late March cruise is due 😃

Definitely ignoring the Summer 2022 P&O launch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Just a helpful steer for those following this route...

Timelines vary, but I was quoted 45 working days for the claim to be reviewed and processed by the CC company.

However it could all be submitted online

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Typical P&O:

My refund received this morning, apparently processed by them on the 6th...yippee!  So not what they said but...

After checking my refund, I received one of their corporate emails thanking me for my patience and advising that it was now going to be processed...after they had done it...🤔

Last dealings with them until Christmas Eve when the late March cruise is due 😃

Definitely ignoring the Summer 2022 P&O launch.

Great news you received your refund.

We got the same P&O email yesterday saying refund was on the way after it had gone back onto our card.

Online banking is good that you can check your account at any time but if you don't do it online you wouldn't know until you got your cc bill in weeks later so in that respect it is good that P&O let us know the refund is on its way.

Graham.

52 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Have now received my refund for G102.

I am still waiting for mine, however it was virtually fully paid after I switched our cancelled April cruise to it, but have not had the cancellation confirmation/Invoice from them either.

On September 19th, I found an email from P&O dated the 17th, saying our Caribbean cruise on the Azura Jan. 22nd 2021 had been cancelled, so I submitted a refund request for the deposit of £773.

I received a cheque in the post from Carnival today, 20 days later, which surprised me, as I expected it to go straight back to my account, but I am not complaining, and have already deposited said cheque with my bank this afternoon and hopefully it will go into my funds early next week. 

Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Edited by nellydean
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nellydean said:

On September 19th, I found an email from P&O dated the 17th, saying our Caribbean cruise on the Azura Jan. 22nd 2021 had been cancelled, so I submitted a refund request for the deposit of £773.

I received a cheque in the post from Carnival today, 20 days later, which surprised me, as I expected it to go straight back to my account, but I am not complaining, and have already deposited said cheque with my bank this afternoon and hopefully it will go into my funds early next week. 

Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Good to hear another successful refund.

Graham.

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I have received a refund of our cruise deposit by cheque- much quicker than last time.Hopefully it means that P and O have at last got a reasonable refund process in place

Great news Ann.

Maybe it's because it is only deposits but we got ours 21 days after requesting a refund and it was 13 days after they sent an email cancellation invoice.

Graham.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news Ann.

Maybe it's because it is only deposits but we got ours 21 days after requesting a refund and it was 13 days after they sent an email cancellation invoice.

Graham.

Maybe you have a point Graham  ours was almost fully paid and we have not even had the cancellation invoice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Maybe you have a point Graham  ours was almost fully paid and we have not even had the cancellation invoice.

Good luck John.

I got our cancellation invoice on September 25th 8 days after they cancelled our Iona cruise and I requested an online refund.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great news Ann.

Graham.

Maybe it’s not! We’re only waiting for a deposit refund requested at 1014 on the day of cancellations guess what nothing 😂😂😂 it’s just the same old lottery🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Maybe it’s not! We’re only waiting for a deposit refund requested at 1014 on the day of cancellations guess what nothing 😂😂😂 it’s just the same old lottery🤷‍♂️

This time we had booked direct with P&O in January 2020 for the cruise on Iona February 20th 2021.

I had hoped they were doing the right thing when we got our deposit refund quickly but obviously not.

• Like 1

Not bad, 3 weeks after requesting deposit refund - just wait to see how long it takes to get back with us.

email -

Quote "Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience. We are sorry that the unprecedented nature of Covid-19 has meant we have been unable to contact you as soon as we would have liked and as we do normally. 
We are pleased to be a travel company which is able to offer refunds but the impact of Covid-19 upon our business and all of our lives has been devastating, and therefore the complexity and scale of this task has been unprecedented for us.
At P&O Cruises, we have had to adapt our ways of working very quickly as we set up new systems and all our colleagues began working from home.
We are pleased to confirm that your refund claim has now been processed. The money will be returned to the original payment card, please see details below:
Amount to be refunded: £XXXX (removed by me)
If you had submitted more than one claim, please bear with us as we continue to work through the outstanding requests. You will be notified of the outcome of your claim in due course. " unquote

I presume this e/m is the general reply .

still waiting on the big refund though of which we were asked to submit the form twice.

Steve 

I understand that P&O have been kicked by Carnival Corp in Miami for not dealing with refunds quick enough.

I understand that there is still some issue surrounding certain March/April refunds.

There is also rumour that the Government will not consider changing their advice until all the UK cruise companies have sorted their refund backlog out (read P&O).

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I understand that P&O have been kicked by Carnival Corp in Miami for not dealing with refunds quick enough.

I understand that there is still some issue surrounding certain March/April refunds.

There is also rumour that the Government will not consider changing their advice until all the UK cruise companies have sorted their refund backlog out (read P&O).

This wouldn't surprise me and probably explains why there has been an improved effort in terms of the current cancellations.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a change in the leadership team quite soon.

There are some interesting references on the official Facebook page of passengers now taking out section 75 claims for goods and services not received, arising from the purported protocols for travel. 

It will be interesting to see if the passengers are successful and if the company continues the PR problems by resisting charge backs (reversals).

• Like 1