CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

5 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I was looking at a page on FB yesterday called Cruise Refunds.  One person said over there she is waiting on a refund from Royal Caribbean and apparently 90 days is quite legal over there.  She is taking it up with her credit card company.

It might be legal but RCI have been refunding within 30 days (mine took 26 days) but have very recently extended to 45 days.

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just seen on another forum that a passenger has received an email from P&O today saying they will receive a BACS payment within 3 days for their cancelled March 28th cruise... 

Hopefully the start of some good news.. 

Andy 

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That sounds like it could be Britannia's TA.  Just worked that out. That's 

only 5 weeks. It can't be right surely? Not when we're being told 60 days. Maybe it's one of the hardship cases mentioned previously 

Avril 

Sounds like Britannia TA so hopefully ours will materialise (we were due to fly out on 27th March - B007). As this was cancelled by P&O on 16th March it will be 49 days since then by tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Sounds like Britannia TA so hopefully ours will materialise (we were due to fly out on 27th March - B007). As this was cancelled by P&O on 16th March it will be 49 days since then by tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for you Pete. 

Andy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That sounds like it could be Britannia's TA.  Just worked that out. That's 

only 5 weeks. It can't be right surely? Not when we're being told 60 days. Maybe it's one of the hardship cases mentioned previously 

Avril 

Those of us in the first batch were told 45 days and they are still quoting that on social media or at least some agents are and others are saying 60 days.

The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and both 45 and 60 days are quoted in the same feed!

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Those of us in the first batch were told 45 days and they are still quoting that on social media or at least some agents are and others are saying 60 days.

The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and both 45 and 60 days are quoted in the same feed!

51 days so far for us.

We were told 28,45 and now 60 days from P&O.

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

You were supposed to be on the same cruise as my friend then. When this first began she was going to take FCC but now because of all this she's told her TA she wants a full refund. I wonder how many others changed their minds because of all the issues over refunds.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

This can't be the same person as she said she booked direct. 

Andy 

I think whether or not they were the same person it sounded suspect as they were going to refund through bank transfer (probably asking for sort code and account number )whereas P and O seem to be refunding back onto the original card or by cheque

Our cruise was in the most recent batch cancelled by P and O. I used the online form to apply for a full refund the following day. However, I have not received an email of confirmation of this. The form states I would probably receive an incorrect cancellation email. But I have received nothing at all. No confirmation at all.

Is this the experience of others? Or has my refund request mysteriously "got lost" in their system?

Do you not all think that because Carnival PLC have been excluded from the USA Governments $3 Trillion bale out because they are registered offshore is the reason subsidiaries like P&O are hanging onto our cash?

Head Office calling the tune.

3 minutes ago, mickrory said:

Do you not all think that because Carnival PLC have been excluded from the USA Governments $3 Trillion bale out because they are registered offshore is the reason subsidiaries like P&O are hanging onto our cash?

Head Office calling the tune.

Possibly, it is not just P&O either. I can understand why they want to keep the money, who wouldn't?. They need to keep paying salaries to the people working and maintain their ships, I would imagine there is some very creative bean counting going on. However they should not take so long to give people their money back when requested as they are just annoying their customers. I do agree that companies that register offshore should not be able to get grants from countries they have not paid tax in. Maybe in the future they will consider this?

13 minutes ago, chh said:

Our cruise was in the most recent batch cancelled by P and O. I used the online form to apply for a full refund the following day. However, I have not received an email of confirmation of this. The form states I would probably receive an incorrect cancellation email. But I have received nothing at all. No confirmation at all.

Is this the experience of others? Or has my refund request mysteriously "got lost" in their system?

Most of us have had No confirmation and many have had their requests Lost and many have had their refund requests ignored and been put down as having FCC so these poor folk would be waiting a very long time for the refund that was never going to come . P&O are a shambles good luck

34 minutes ago, chh said:

I found my cancellation email by accident because it went in my junk email! I got two - one cancellation (saying a cancellation charge) and another saying ignore that no cancellation charge! Having said that still no actual refund yet

Thank you glittergal1 for your reply. It helps to know I'm not alone!

Is there a way to see if they have 'lost' my request and allocated me FCC? How have those you mention found out?

I don't want to take up their time by phoning them. Nor to be fair do I have the time to waste trying to phone them!

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just seen someone on Facebook say they’ve had a refund for a June cruise!! Took 38 days...

P&O June cruise?  Surely not.  Most are still waiting for March?!!

5 minutes ago, chh said:

Thank you glittergal1 for your reply. It helps to know I'm not alone!

Is there a way to see if they have 'lost' my request and allocated me FCC? How have those you mention found out?

I don't want to take up their time by phoning them. Nor to be fair do I have the time to waste trying to phone them!

Try messaging them on FB or Twitter it’s taking a few days for a reply but they get back to you eventually you need to put all your details on the message or they can’t answer any questions. Address, date of birth booking references etc.

48 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I think whether or not they were the same person it sounded suspect as they were going to refund through bank transfer (probably asking for sort code and account number )whereas P and O seem to be refunding back onto the original card or by cheque

It could be that Nigerian Prince. Didn't know he was a travel Agent as well.🤔

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

P&O June cruise?  Surely not.  Most are still waiting for March?!!

That’s what I bought! It was an Iona cruise so they weren’t even suppose to start til May 🤷‍♀️

43 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Most of us have had No confirmation and many have had their requests Lost and many have had their refund requests ignored and been put down as having FCC so these poor folk would be waiting a very long time for the refund that was never going to come . P&O are a shambles good luck

Do you have any hard evidence that ‘many’ (not just one or two on social media) have had their requests lost or ignored? I agree that at the moment P&O are a shambles but there is a very good reason why this is the case. The same reason that has forced them to cancel cruises in the first place. Making public allegations of incompetence or fraud is not going to help, even if you believe they are true.