CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

3 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Well I'm ecstatic to report that our refund for the cruise has arrived! Dated 1st May and posted to my credit card today, 6th May.

Still awaiting refund for pre paid flight seats and 2 excursions I couldn't cancel online amounting to £242.00. But due to a change in process by P&O, I didn't submit the claim for these via the online form until 2nd April.

Makes me feel a whole lot better!

• Like 2

and then there's the post.  I am finding things that I buy online that are coming by post can vary greatly in when they arrive.  One item took 9 days, another took 2 and I don't think it's the seller of the item either.  Our post is not arriving until about 2pm when it would normally arrive around 11.

14 hours ago, Confused.com said:

I don't recall seeing anything.

It's a very poor show that they can't even sent an acknowledgment email to the registered email address. P+O really haven't covered themselves in glory during this whole episode have they.

I'm tempted to just ring cc company and start a S75. I suspect if I ring them up they'll just palm me off saying we don't deal with cash refunds submitted online - we have a dedicated team for that etc etc.

I assume you have checked your Spam folder, I recently found a reply from P&O stuck in there.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, grapau27 said:

Sounds very similar.

Proof of health issue(heart attack) was asked and provided on March 18th by email to the customer relations rep.

On April 1st the same customer relations rep said our cancellation charges had been removed??

April 21st she emailed saying we would get a cheque direct.

This morning she emailed reaffirming the amount but as Cancellation charge was removed on April 1st it would take up to 60 days from that date.

Frustrated is putting it mildly.

Has your refund gone into your bank?

I'm pleased for you if it has.

Graham.

Graham

Yes, can advise that the refund has gone into my bank today 6th May

It's happening, it's just very slow.  Going by the aggravation we are getting on a daily basis from our customers, I am not surprised they are not able to just sit and do refunds, and they are probably not very organised.

I’m pleased to hear that we now know of 4 people who have received their refunds but, unless I am mistaken, it seems that those currently getting good news have (understandably) been chasing P&O. It will be interesting to learn when those who haven’t chased P&O at all start receiving refunds in great numbers. P&O will be making a rod for their own back if word gets around that they only pull their finger out when you chase them. 

Does the 60 days start from the date you apply online or the date P&O remove your Cruise from the cruise personaliser?

I'm assuming their Public Relations Manager has been furloughed because his silence on the refund process is deafening.

A few posts on when the clock starts tracking for refunds, it’s clear from the legislation that it starts from date when the company terminate the travel contract. To me that would be the day that P&O Announced cruises would be cancelled, the 14 days has already been missed, are they also trying to adjust the termination date by saying after you submit a request for refund. Another angle for CMA to look at. 

Refunds in the event of termination

14.—(1) The provisions of this regulation are implied as a term in every package travel contract.

(2) Following a termination under regulation 12(2), the organiser must reimburse any payments made by or on behalf of the traveller, having deducted any termination fee.

(3) Any—

(a)reimbursement required under paragraph (2), or

(b)refund required pursuant to—

(i)regulation 12(8), or

(ii)a termination under regulation 13(3),

must be made to the traveller without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the package travel contract is terminated.

Don't forget, you can either have an FCC for the cancelled cruise or apply for a refund.  So I would imagine it's from the date you apply for the refund, whether it's by the online form, or as I did by speaking to a person.

I have spoken to the cold house this morning as we have decided to take the FCC (rightly or wrongly, time will tell) for our recently cancelled cruise against a 2022 cruise. I called them to ask exactly how much FCC we have to be credited against the 2022 cruise and they said that it is 125% of the P&O price when we booked not of the money we paid them. I thought it would be 125% of what we paid the TA. They also said it will be weeks before this money is credited to the 2022 cruise as P&O are dealing with FCC's in the date order of the newly booked cruise so ours will be almost last. So it is not only refunds that are taking a long time to process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Just got my annual travel insurance refund today.  As my mother always taught me, "don't ask, don't get".  I didn't expect to get that back, but took it out last November and haven't travelled and won't be until next year, so that's good.  

Jean, if you have any holidays booked for next year, shouldn't you keep your insurance in place ?

• Like 1

No because this company doesn't renew exactly.  You have to do a new one each year especially when you have medical conditions.   Anyway,  I can't see myself cruising next year, will probably take FCCs for both of them.  Won't be cruising until there is a vaccine.

Edited by jeanlyon

1 hour ago, mercury7289 said:

Graham

Yes, can advise that the refund has gone into my bank today 6th May

Just as an update which may help. I have just phoned my TA regarding the refund as they do seem to be now appearing,even  if rather sporadic. I had been patiently waiting and had  not contacted them previously. So my travel agent confimed that my refund request for the Azura T/A (20/3/202) was verbally noted on 15/3/2020, however P.O only  sent the cruise cancellation invoice to travel agent on 23/3/2020 so the refund process date was taken as from  the latter date. P.O. have told the travel agent that they are working to complete all refunds for  mid March Cruises  by 15th May so  I should get a refund to the same card by that date, processed by P.O. Only if the card had expired or been cancelled for some reason would P.O process a cheque. I forgot to ask about the amount re agents commission, but will sort that part when the refund amount is known. Heres hoping 🤞

Edited by miniyorkie
amendment

Well I actually did some chasing . I messaged them on Facebook on Saturday giving the cruise number and my peninsular number.

Today I decided to phone them as they hadn’t replied, but I had a reply on the messenger this morning. Unfortunately all it said was they wanted all my details , so I’ve replied with that. (I thought my peninsular number would have given them all my information!)

My cruise number was B008 and I filled out the online form for full refund on 16th March. As my cruise was for 10th April it wouldn’t be on my personaliser now anyway.

6 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Well I'm ecstatic to report that our refund for the cruise has arrived! Dated 1st May and posted to my credit card today, 6th May.

Still awaiting refund for pre paid flight seats and 2 excursions I couldn't cancel online amounting to £242.00. But due to a change in process by P&O, I didn't submit the claim for these via the online form until 2nd April.

So pleased for you! What a relief.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I actually did some chasing . I messaged them on Facebook on Saturday giving the cruise number and my peninsular number.

Today I decided to phone them as they hadn’t replied, but I had a reply on the messenger this morning. Unfortunately all it said was they wanted all my details , so I’ve replied with that. (I thought my peninsular number would have given them all my information!)

My cruise number was B008 and I filled out the online form for full refund on 16th March. As my cruise was for 10th April it wouldn’t be on my personaliser now anyway.

They would need your details to confirm they were in contact with the correct person.  Just one piece of information your club number would not have been enough.

16 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

We haven't had any acknowledgement either, but confirmed by phone that it was received. 

As Jean say, there probably was a ' form submitted' notice but I don't remember seeing it. 

Andy 

I actually had the foresight to screenshot mine! I was quite chuffed with myself 😀 This has been handy as I can look at my photos and see the date I did it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

They would need your details to confirm they were in contact with the correct person.  Just one piece of information your club number would not have been enough.

Yes I think someone did post everything they wanted but unfortunately I’d already sent the message!

Just come off the phone from P & 0. Got through in about 5 minutes once the recorded stuff finished. I was told that my refund has gone through in two parts the first being the 4th of May and the second on the 5th. I don't know why it is in two parts unless the travel agent's commission is being shown separately. I use the well known Derbyshire travel agent that quite a lot of people use. I will be checking my credit card and if anyone is interested I will post on here when it comes through and how it is itemised.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Just come off the phone from P & 0. Got through in about 5 minutes once the recorded stuff finished. I was told that my refund has gone through in two parts the first being the 4th of May and the second on the 5th. I don't know why it is in two parts unless the travel agent's commission is being shown separately. I use the well known Derbyshire travel agent that quite a lot of people use. I will be checking my credit card and if anyone is interested I will post on here when it comes through and how it is itemised.

When did you make your claim, and for which cruise?

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

When did you make your claim, and for which cruise?

It is all explained in my previous post #893 The cruise was R011 23rd June. Balance paid and cruise cancelled  on the 11th March before the balance due date on 25th March.

12 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

It is all explained in my previous post #893 The cruise was R011 23rd June. Balance paid and cruise cancelled  on the 11th March before the balance due date on 25th March.

Sorry, there are so many posts here at the  moment, it is difficult to keep up.

To recap as there are a lot of posts on here. My cruise was cancelled in the latest batch and I requested a refund the following day via the web form. I have received no acknowledgement from P and O that they have received my request. My cruise is still on the cruise personaliser.

I have just phoned P and O and after all the recorded messages and pressing different numbers (nearly 5 minutes!), I got straight through! They confirmed that my refund request has been received. He didn't know if the 60 days would start from when I sent the request or when they started processing it.

The call taker (who was very polite) stated they have had lots of calls to ask the same question. I suggested that perhaps if P and O sent an automated email to state a refund request had been made then they wouldn't get so many phone calls asking the same thing. He said that P and O are learning as they go and that they thought the box that flashes up to say 'Thank you' for requesting a refund would be good enough for people to think that their request had been received.