CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Here is my latest message from P&O on FB

"Unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with access to the spreadsheets and so can't confirm this to you at this present time. As soon as the access is back up and running we will be to confirm this. "

Dear me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

"Unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with access to the spreadsheets and so can't confirm this to you at this present time. As soon as the access is back up and running we will be to confirm this. "

Dear me.

Don't you just love P&O IT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Good morning Andy.

We certainly are  finding out who the 'Fair-weather' P&O cruisers are. 

You are right.

We are Mediterranean loyalty and will stay loyal in the future.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Dear me.

I didn’t think they could possibly get any more unprofessional but they have just managed! 

Just a further update if you have cruise fare plus pre paid activities such as shore excursions, spa treatments, speciality dining, pre paid flight seats etc, these may not be refunded at the same time as your cruise fare. This is what I have received from Helen Lamb when I wrote to confirm that our cruise fare had been refunded but are still awaiting refunds for the rest as I was told initially that all elements on the same booking reference would be refunded at the same time. Just FYI

The refunds for the  shore excursions and Flight Seat Booker are managed in a different system to the cruise bookings and therefore will be processed separately. I am sorry that you were given different information at the time. Please rest assured that this will be returned to you over the coming days. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Just a further update if you have cruise fare plus pre paid activities such as shore excursions, spa treatments, speciality dining, pre paid flight seats etc, these may not be refunded at the same time as your cruise fare. This is what I have received from Helen Lamb when I wrote to confirm that our cruise fare had been refunded but are still awaiting refunds for the rest as I was told initially that all elements on the same booking reference would be refunded at the same time. Just FYI

The refunds for the  shore excursions and Flight Seat Booker are managed in a different system to the cruise bookings and therefore will be processed separately. I am sorry that you were given different information at the time. Please rest assured that this will be returned to you over the coming days. 

Thanks Pete. 

We were lucky, we managed to cancel our excursions etc when it first started looking unlikely, before the cruises started to be cancelled and got refunded straight away. 

Andy 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Not only that we were onboard when our cruise was curtailed and received an email saying our excursion would be refunded automatically to the method of payment used so didn’t take any further action when I enquired about it the guy said we had to fill in an online form to claim despite him being shown the email, he couldn’t give an answer to that apart from I’d fill in the form anyway🤷‍♂️ This dates back to 16 March 

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thanks Pete. 

We were lucky, we managed to cancel our excursions etc when it first started looking unlikely, before the cruises started to be cancelled and got refunded straight away. 

Andy 

P&O have done themselves no favours by withdrawing this facility. It was a fairly blatant way to keep hold of more money. The timing of the “IT” problem seems more and more suspect as they have had months to fix it and they have not.

13 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Not only that we were onboard when our cruise was curtailed and received an email saying our excursion would be refunded automatically to the method of payment used so didn’t take any further action when I enquired about it the guy said we had to fill in an online form to claim despite him being shown the email, he couldn’t give an answer to that apart from I’d fill in the form anyway🤷‍♂️ This dates back to 16 March 

Is that the Aurora cruise to Norway? I was on that, and am now concerned on two counts. First, though I had a form letter from the captain while still on board, like everyone else, promising a full refund, I never had an email. (And I stupidly didn't keep the letter, naively assuming that I didn't need to.) I also assumed that the refund would be automatic, and that there would be no need to fill in a refund form, so never filled one in.

The only good news is that the refunds for all the excursions I'd booked came through within a week. If they can do those speedily, why can't they do the refunds for the cruise itself with equal speed?

Edited by jh1809
add a bit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Seen on a P&O Group Facebook Page from someone who has got a refund, but posted this as well, if true could explain a lot.

“When I telephoned P&O they said they are all working from home and only two workers are able to do the refunds and last time he looked there were 30k refunds waiting to be processed.”

Whilst the incompetence of P&O knows no bounds, I’m afraid that’s yet another example of complete hog wash being given to customers. If only 2 people are able to process refunds and there is a backlog of 30k to process and growing (as more cruises will inevitably be cancelled) then there’s a good bet that a large number of customers will have died before their refunds are paid. I’ve said from day one that it’s all about cash flow but even the most cynical of us would struggle to convince people that the snail like pace of refunds is due to P&O relying on passenger mortality. Mind you, the amount of people who have actually received a refund so far could have been processed by one person in 15 minutes, so I guess you never know 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

You are right.

We are Mediterranean loyalty and will stay loyal in the future.

We are Mediterranean tier too.and have no intention of cruising with any other line.

Avril 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We are Mediterranean tier too.and have no intention of cruising with any other line.

Avril 

We like P&O and do at least 1 cruise a year with them.

We are higher loyalty on RCL and Princess and do most of our cruises with RCL as the loyalty benefits beat P&O by a million miles.

Used to be Baltic then stopped cruising with P&O so often so dropped down to Caribbean. Prefer to cruise with Cunard and Princess these days and only P&O if a very good price and right time of year.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We like P&O and do at least 1 cruise a year with them.

We are higher loyalty on RCL and Princess and do most of our cruises with RCL as the loyalty benefits beat P&O by a million miles.

We've only tried RCL once. It was on Independence and we didn't like it at all. The whole thing was much too O.T.T for us. P&O's Arcadia, Aurora even Oceana are more our comfort zone. We're all different. 

Avril 

• Like 2

Yes just like us Avril.  Tried Azura, hated her, too crowded, too noisy, didn't feel like a ship.  As you say, we are all different.  Loyalty benefits mean nothing to me, apart from perhaps being able to book early.  We don't go to the Caribbean lunch, that's not when I like to eat and drink alcohol.  We don't even go to the Captains party any more, not since they started the second one at 8.30.  We are usually in the bar at 7 and eating at 8.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:25 PM, bee-ess said:

I have spoken to the cold house this morning as we have decided to take the FCC (rightly or wrongly, time will tell) for our recently cancelled cruise against a 2022 cruise. I called them to ask exactly how much FCC we have to be credited against the 2022 cruise and they said that it is 125% of the P&O price when we booked not of the money we paid them. I thought it would be 125% of what we paid the TA. They also said it will be weeks before this money is credited to the 2022 cruise as P&O are dealing with FCC's in the date order of the newly booked cruise so ours will be almost last. So it is not only refunds that are taking a long time to process.

Thanks for that bee-ess. I have been trying for days to work out how they had arrived at the sum they had!

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

Is that the Aurora cruise to Norway? I was on that, and am now concerned on two counts. First, though I had a form letter from the captain while still on board, like everyone else, promising a full refund, I never had an email. (And I stupidly didn't keep the letter, naively assuming that I didn't need to.) I also assumed that the refund would be automatic, and that there would be no need to fill in a refund form, so never filled one in.

The only good news is that the refunds for all the excursions I'd booked came through within a week. If they can do those speedily, why can't they do the refunds for the cruise itself with equal speed?

No was Azura. We had to fly home as opposed to sail on the following TA cruise so they said we could claim any extra travel expenses because we flew to Manchester instead of sailing to Southampton so had to taxi Manchester to Liverpool then fly home  🇮🇲  Sent the claim via FB messenger they said claim of your insurance so showed them their own letter and told them we weren’t claiming of our insurance 2 days later email saying they were paying and got the cheque last week but nothing else on the horizon. Reading the posts on here I think you need to be hassling them to get anything back

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thanks Pete. 

Andy 

I managed to cancel anything where it was the only item on an ‘order’. Unfortunately one order had 3 excursions and due to the vagaries of P&O systems, it let me cancel 1 but not the other 2! Everything else (Epicurean, Sindhu, and 3 excursions cancelled on 15th March, refunds credited on 17th!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Whilst the incompetence of P&O knows no bounds, I’m afraid that’s yet another example of complete hog wash being given to customers. If only 2 people are able to process refunds and there is a backlog of 30k to process and growing (as more cruises will inevitably be cancelled) then there’s a good bet that a large number of customers will have died before their refunds are paid. I’ve said from day one that it’s all about cash flow but even the most cynical of us would struggle to convince people that the snail like pace of refunds is due to P&O relying on passenger mortality. Mind you, the amount of people who have actually received a refund so far could have been processed by one person in 15 minutes, so I guess you never know 😉

The Executors of the estate would be able to claim the refund as money owed to the estate of the deceased.