CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

That is really pathetic.  It needs to send an email confirmation.  It's not rocket science.  When I agreed my refund over the phone, I received absolutely nothing, so I guessed at the lady's email and then got a reply confirmation that she had processed my refund and it would take 45 days - now 60.  Apparently the person doing it, inputs a code.  They have lots of codes.  One code for 100% refund, another code for split FCC, another code for full FCC 125% and so on.

I am in the process of preparing my money claim on line as I intend to sue P and O and Carnival next Tuesday which will be 60 days after my claim. They had previously told me my claim had been escalated and should be 10 days, that was weeks ago.

If I get Judgment, assuming they don't pay me plus costs, I intend to proceed with a winding up order against Carnival.

30 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I am in the process of preparing my money claim on line as I intend to sue P and O and Carnival next Tuesday which will be 60 days after my claim. They had previously told me my claim had been escalated and should be 10 days, that was weeks ago.

If I get Judgment, assuming they don't pay me plus costs, I intend to proceed with a winding up order against Carnival.

That will be day 60 since we cancelled too.

41 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Your choice. The odds are you will receive your money before judgement and will be out of pocket.

• Like 1

Just now, bobstheboy said:

Your choice. The odds are you will receive your money before judgement and will be out of pocket.

No I won’t be because the costs of claim are added to the claim. If they pay before I get judgment they will still owe the costs and have to pay them if they want to satisfy the claim

10 minutes ago, staygulf said:

No I won’t be because the costs of claim are added to the claim. If they pay before I get judgment they will still owe the costs and have to pay them if they want to satisfy the claim

Surely,

if they pay before you get judgement, then there is no case to judge, so there is no costs to apportion?

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

Surely,

if they pay before you get judgement, then there is no case to judge, so there is no costs to apportion?

Once a claim as been made the amount owed increases to cover the costs. So when the court issues the summons for payment that is the substance of the claim. If they choose to pay the lesser amount they still owe the balance. 

19 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Just my opinion but with whats going off I would not fancy my chances either , my reason being what 

O'Leary said on TV ,he does not seem to phased and cleverly states he wants to pay .

I a few pages back . have a listen and make your own mind up ,how you would judge him .

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2745011-cruise-refund-received/?do=findComment&comment=59914263

Not advising ,just showing what people are up against .

Just now, staygulf said:

Once a claim as been made the amount owed increases to cover the costs. So when the court issues the summons for payment that is the substance of the claim. If they choose to pay the lesser amount they still owe the balance. 

Sorry,

You missed the point, which is, that if they pay before the case is heard, then there is no case to judge. The court cannot issue the summons for payment because it has already been settled

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just my opinion but with whats going off I would not fancy my chances either , my reason being what 

O'Leary said on TV ,he does not seem to phased and cleverly states he wants to pay .

I a few pages back . have a listen and make your own mind up ,how you would judge him .

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2745011-cruise-refund-received/?do=findComment&comment=59914263

Not advising ,just showing what people are up against .

I’ve watched that. No comparison with the amount of refunds P and O have to make. In any event it’s already been 2 months and they have broken an agreement we had when they escalated my claim. So I’m not bothered. Once a court claim is made they have to pay or face winding up. End of. 

10 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Sorry,

You missed the point, which is, that if they pay before the case is heard, then there is no case to judge. The court cannot issue the summons for payment because it has already been settled

I think you have missed the point. Once the court issues the summons for payment on Tuesday, including the increased amount, if they put in a defence to say they have paid, they will only have paid the lesser amount and the balance is still, as far as my understanding goes, claimable. 

1 minute ago, staygulf said:

I’ve watched that. No comparison with the amount of refunds P and O have to make. In any event it’s already been 2 months and they have broken an agreement we had when they escalated my claim. So I’m not bothered. Once a court claim is made they have to pay or face winding up. End of. 

Like I said just showing what he or P&O would be putting forward but hopefully your money will be paid soon 

and if not  ...Then good luck with your case . Which will be end of . 

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Like I said just showing what he or P&O would be putting forward but hopefully your money will be paid soon 

and if not  ...Then good luck with your case . Which will be end of . 

Oh, and if it does go to court somehow, I’ll be summoning Paul Ludlow to explain their refund policy. Princess paid me out within 16 days so there is no reason for their procrastination

I emailed P&O guest relations on Monday telling them that 60 days was in my opinion unacceptable to wait for my refund.  I have received a reply this evening  telling me that my refund request has been approved and asking how much I paid to the Eskimos, 

the account details that I would like my BACS payment sent to and proof of my payment to the Eskimos.  They have said that it could take up to 7 days for the refund to my account.

I will post again when I receive the money in my account which I will be keeping a close eye on.

• Like 1

Just now, staygulf said:

3 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I think you have missed the point. Once the court issues the summons for payment on Tuesday, including the increased amount, if they put in a defence to say they have paid, they will only have paid the lesser amount and the balance is still, as far as my understanding goes, claimable. 

No axe to grind so good luck!

I still think you are wrong!

Just my opinion

• Like 1

Just now, staygulf said:

Oh, and if it does go to court somehow, I’ll be summoning Paul Ludlow to explain their refund policy. Princess paid me out within 16 days so there is no reason for their procrastination

Good luck , you don't have to convince me ... just do it .:classic_smile: Final answer 

I

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I emailed P&O guest relations on Monday telling them that 60 days was in my opinion unacceptable to wait for my refund.  I have received a reply this evening  telling me that my refund request has been approved and asking how much I paid to the Eskimos, 

the account details that I would like my BACS payment sent to and proof of my payment to the Eskimos.  They have said that it could take up to 7 days for the refund to my account.

I will post again when I receive the money in my account which I will be keeping a close eye on.

I’m amazed that you managed to do that as every email I send them gets met with a standard delay response saying it may take 45 days to deal with my query.  

1 hour ago, staygulf said:

Best of luck with that one. I presume you have factored in the speed at which at which the law proceeds. I think you will find that the wheels of justice roll slower that those of P & O. As for the threat of a winding up order Carnival will no doubt be quaking in their shoes. Legitimate as your claim may be the legal system will be snowed under with all the claims, insolvencies, etc. I doubt that yours would be prioratised.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I’m amazed that you managed to do that as every email I send them gets met with a standard delay response saying it may take 45 days to deal with my query.  

Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Avril 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I was stunned to get such a fast reaction.  My initial response was from a young lady in

Guest relations saying :

We're sorry for the delay in our refund process. I have now forwarded your email over to one of our guest relations line managers. Though they are currently dealing with an unprecedented volume of incoming emails and the response will not be immediate; they will be in contact as soon as possible. 

i expected not to hear from them  again for a considerable time and resigned myself to waiting 60 days or more.

Edited by Josy1953
B****y predictive text

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Avril 

You may be right but there is no knowing with P&O.  I think that it depends on which guest relations person picks up your mail because some are more helpful than others.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

You may be right but there is no knowing with P&O.  I think that it depends on which guest relations person picks up your mail because some are more helpful than others.

So true. I've had to take a breath,  count to ten and remember my manners more than once when dealing with P&O. Not easy.

Avril 

7 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Best of luck with that one. I presume you have factored in the speed at which at which the law proceeds. I think you will find that the wheels of justice roll slower that those of P & O. As for the threat of a winding up order Carnival will no doubt be quaking in their shoes. Legitimate as your claim may be the legal system will be snowed under with all the claims, insolvencies, etc. I doubt that yours would be prioratised.

Too true.

We all want our refunds and, as stated before, some need them more than others. Not to book a future cruise sometime in the distant future, but just to help make ends meet in these difficult times.

Sadly P&O cannot know the personal circumstances that their guests find themselves in.

Others are in greater need to us and so I wont be chasing or taking any action. I'm sure we will get our refund in due course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Not to mention that everything has slowed down to a virtual halt at the moment. 

45 minutes ago, NoFlyGuy said:

Too true.

We all want our refunds and, as stated before, some need them more than others. Not to book a future cruise sometime in the distant future, but just to help make ends meet in these difficult times.

Sadly P&O cannot know the personal circumstances that their guests find themselves in.

Others are in greater need to us and so I wont be chasing or taking any action. I'm sure we will get our refund in due course.

Well said. Whilst I understand that some individuals are in dire need of refunds, those taking frivolous actions, in order to win some sort of macho w****y waving contest, are merely delaying repayment to us more realistic and tolerant individuals.

• Like 1