CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

5 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes but it's not as simple as just issuing a cheque.  Most of these have a TA involved who has commission.  All their commission rates can be different, so that has to be worked out.  I'm sure there are lots more things involved as well.

So what is the excuse and delay for direct bookings?

• Like 1

Maybe you were the only one of your group of refunds that posts on here.  Mine is the same cruise but maybe the cancellation was later and also it was through a TA.

I think it's good that you posted.  Let us know when you see it back on your card/bank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I wonder if also they are having to have things double checked in case of fraud ,ie.paying vast quantities of money into their friends bank accounts and splitting the difference ??? Just a thought. 

Very much so. I've said before that as no money flows out of the business on a FCC, contact centre staff can process and check between them start to finish.

With refunds, the contact centre do the initial admin but then the accounts team process the refund and either issue the repayment or cheque. There are also fraud checks that place in this process.

Carnival Corp & PLC report under US audit regulations - the most stringent in the world since such scandals as Enron. Not just can the business not afford fraud, it must show that it has been proactive in avoiding fraud. During audit, any individual transaction could be chosen as a sample and the full audit trail and anti-fraud checks must be present.

When a company such as Carnival cancel all cruises on say, Oriana, when they sold her, these processes can be instigated in advance as there are broad principles which apply to the refunds. With the current situation, a refund is the non-standard option therefore is performed on a one-by-one basic.

Maybe the solution would have been to refund everyone as usual, either direct or via a agent as appropriate. However the decision to offer FCC was cashflow driven. Cashflow at the expense of efficiency.

• Like 1

Can I ask,

My 23rd May cruise was cancelled by P+O recently via email sent to me. So I filled out the online web form for a cash refund request (I booked direct with P+O) and submitted the form. However, after I pressed submit I was a little surprised that there was no acknowledgment and since then (10 days now) I have not received any emails or any correspondence whatsoever confirming my request for a refund.

I'm beginning to wonder if the request has even been received. As I paid by Credit Card, I'm wondering if I should put in a s75 claim? I don't want to wait 2 months only to find that my claim was never received.

What do you guys advise? Were talking about £2828

Thanks 🙂

43 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Astonished, that there are no more reports of refunds today.

Makes me question if I should have reported mine.

Believe me it was done in good faith!

I like good luck stories and grateful you let us know you got your refund.

15 minutes ago, Confused.com said:

Can I ask,

My 23rd May cruise was cancelled by P+O recently via email sent to me. So I filled out the online web form for a cash refund request (I booked direct with P+O) and submitted the form. However, after I pressed submit I was a little surprised that there was no acknowledgment and since then (10 days now) I have not received any emails or any correspondence whatsoever confirming my request for a refund.

I'm beginning to wonder if the request has even been received. As I paid by Credit Card, I'm wondering if I should put in a s75 claim? I don't want to wait 2 months only to find that my claim was never received.

Thanks 🙂

Ring P&O at 9.15 am (opening time) and verify with them that your claim is being processed.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Ring P&O at 9.15 am (opening time) and verify with them that your claim is being processed.

Thanks for response.

I forgot to ask if anybody else had requested a cash refund via the web form. If you did, did you receive any acknowledgement either immediately or via email afterwards? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Confused.com said:

Can I ask,

Thanks 🙂

I have read on FB that a lot of folk said they didn't receive an acknowledgement, but you should have seen "form submitted" on the page?  Or something like that.

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

I have read on FB that a lot of folk said they didn't receive an acknowledgement, but you should have seen "form submitted" on the page?  Or something like that.

I don't recall seeing anything.

It's a very poor show that they can't even sent an acknowledgment email to the registered email address. P+O really haven't covered themselves in glory during this whole episode have they.

I'm tempted to just ring cc company and start a S75. I suspect if I ring them up they'll just palm me off saying we don't deal with cash refunds submitted online - we have a dedicated team for that etc etc.

6 minutes ago, Confused.com said:

Thanks for response.

I forgot to ask if anybody else had requested a cash refund via the web form. If you did, did you receive any acknowledgement either immediately or via email afterwards? 

We haven't had any acknowledgement either, but confirmed by phone that it was received. 

As Jean say, there probably was a ' form submitted' notice but I don't remember seeing it. 

Andy 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Just to cheer us all up, it's being widely reported, CNN etc, that NCL may not survive because of lack of liquidity and having to refund customers. Hold on to your hats.

Just saw that on CNN.  Not sure ABTA or ATOL will have enough to do all the refunds for the cruise industry!!

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

We haven't had any acknowledgement either, but confirmed by phone that it was received. 

As Jean say, there probably was a ' form submitted' notice but I don't remember seeing it. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy!

I'll bite the bullet and ring them tomorrow to check they've received it. Probably end up waiting on the phone for an hour but hey ho.

Confused.com

I phoned yesterday - I rang - 0800-052-3840 - Selected option 2 to book a new holiday and got through to somebody in minutes !!

Person on phone very helpful and didnt say she couldnt help me as I had rang the wrong number - Worth a shot - good luck !!

Cruisefan2012

• Like 1

Hi confused .com I am in the same situation I emailed helen.lamb@carnivalukgroup.com .last Thursday I got out of office email back but she  replyed this morning stating that my refund would be a cheque and would take upto 60 days  which is what it said on the form .She was very apologetic. I have tried the phone but no joy but listening to the recorded  messages on the phone  seems to say that they are trying not to send confirmation emails out but that doesn't put your mind at rest .

18 minutes ago, Confused.com said:

I don't recall seeing anything.

It's a very poor show that they can't even sent an acknowledgment email to the registered email address. P+O really haven't covered themselves in glory during this whole episode have they.

I got a pop up page saying

Thank you. Please note that due to the unprecedented demand on our Customer Contact Centre and wider business, refunds may take up to 60 days to be processed. In the meantime, please do not call us but rest assured we will be working through this process as quickly as we can.

I note though that it didn't have any date or booking information on the pop up. I saved a copy of the form I filled in, but again there is no date on the form.

8 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Hi confused .com I am in the same situation I emailed helen.lamb@carnivalukgroup.com .last Thursday I got out of office email back but she  replyed this morning stating that my refund would be a cheque and would take upto 60 days  which is what it said on the form .She was very apologetic. I have tried the phone but no joy but listening to the recorded  messages on the phone  seems to say that they are trying not to send confirmation emails out but that doesn't put your mind at rest .

That is exactly who I have been dealing with.  I found her very good.  She was the one who actually put my refund through and sent the cancellation invoice to my TA.  That was March 13th.  My TA confirms that's when he received it.

Edited by jeanlyon

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

Yep mine is still there do you think when they start on the refund process it will disappear 

From what others have said, you get a cancellation invoice. I think it will disappear then, but don't know if that 's when they start to process the refund. I think someone might have said earlier it took 14 days to get the invoice. If I got that right it should only be a few days now.

Jean, with regards to something you have mentioned a couple of times relating to the TA. On the refund asked if asked how much you have paid. My TA gave me a small discount. My invoice has the full price, less the discount and I put the discounted price on my refund form. So I shouldn't have to pay back any money to TA, is that correct. My payment statement says my money went directly to P&O.

2 hours ago, Confused.com said:

Can I ask,

Thanks 🙂

I did exactly the same, and have received nothing, which seems par for the course . My refund is a little higher than yours, but fortunately I can survive without it.

As Graham says, ring up if you want to. However, it won't get you  your refund any quicker, but may give you peace if mind that you are in the queue.