I'm beginning to think cruises might resume much sooner than I expected.

mianmike

30 minutes ago, janerd said:

Here's a good link with facts about the flu shot.

You will find thousands of those articles defending the flu vaccine. They are likely financed by those who financially benefit from the millios of flu vaccines each year, and big pharma is only one. All or most those articles do admit that people get mild symptoms after taking the flu vaccine.

What I said is that if you catch a strain of the flu that was not included in the coctail you got vaccinated with, you are going to get sick anyway. You may also want to check all those other additives you take into your body with the flu shot. Mercury is only one.

I said that I have not taken the flu shot for many years and have gotten sick and here I am to tell you the tale. Finally I stated that I have seen elderly people die from complications after taking the flu shot. Don't think this is hard to understand.

By all means, take the flu shot every month if you want. No amount of articles you post will make me take one.

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

I've read here on CC somewhere that Korea has 91 cases where Covid-19 has returned to those cured.

The post I quoted and commented on was made in response to a post about the Korean cases, so you probably read it right on this thread .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cruisecriket said:

Where are you getting yours? Google what I said, is right there. Cases? Of course there will be cases, but that's far from an epidemic.

Like I said, some of us just want to get back to life.

well is not up to you or any of us. All of us want to get back to life but to make sure we have a healthy life to live in. We don't want to get back to life at the expense of getting others sick. don't need to google it, just with the fact you say FAR from an epidemic is all the response i need. Good luck to you

i think once the numbers start going down, and the cruiseline follows some guidelines, they will start slow with 1  or 2  select cruises.  people seem to think covid started spreading mostly on cruises , which is not the case. just so happens some did get effected , but its not like cruises are reason we have covid here. 
Covid didn't start on cruise ships, but cruise ships are a perfect vector for spreading. One infected passenger on a cruise can cause an outbreak not only in the close confines of the ship itself, but in various ports.

The CDC is going to need assurances, the ports are going to need assurances, passengers are going to need assurances. It will only take ONE outbreak on ONE ship to kill the industry, in my opinion. You get an outbreak that spreads to the Caribbean islands and that'll shut it down.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The post I quoted and commented on was made in response to a post about the Korean cases, so you probably read it right on this thread .

Dr. Fauci said yesterday that there are a number of factors that could be responsible for this and cautioned against jumping to premature conclusions.

1 minute ago, spanishguy1970 said:

well is not up to you or any of us. All of us want to get back to life but to make sure we have a healthy life to live in. We don't want to get back to life at the expense of getting others sick. don't need to google it, just with the fact you say FAR from an epidemic is all the response i need. Good luck to you

Thanks for the kind words until you yelled "far."

Just to make sure you understood, in your post you claim than in hot climates there are cases of the covid-19. I was referring to that when I agreed that there are gonna be cases in those climates,  just very difficult for an epidemic to occur. See, in that kind of heat the virus would 99% be transmitted from person to person and not by touching a contaminated surface. Too hot for virus to survive. 

That's good, ain't it? Don't you like some good news?

41 minutes ago, pinkie60 said:

So true, did everyone forget about the norovirus?

Nobody has forgotten about Noro .....  Can’t remember the last time I saw military build field hospitals and bring in naval hospitals  for Noro .... or have a city like New York digging holes with backhoes to fill up with unclaimed dead bodies. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, cruisecriket said:

Thanks for the kind words until you yelled "far."

Just to make sure you understood, in your post you claim than in hot climates there are cases of the covid-19. I was referring to that when I agreed that there are gonna be cases in those climates,  just very difficult for an epidemic to occur. See, in that kind of heat the virus would 99% be transmitted from person to person and not by touching a contaminated surface. Too hot for virus to survive. 

That's good, ain't it? Don't you like some good news?

Virus is raging in Florida. Pretty warm there. 

• Like 1

Just now, PortFees45 said:

Ohh boy. The only places the virus is "raging" is NY, NJ and Michigan. What do they have in common?

What part of Florida is summer yet? Unless you have sustained mid 90s is not summer yet. Pretty soon, but not yet. 

All I tried to say is that the heat of summer will act as a huge, yes huge, mitigating factor against the spread of this virus.

I was certain some would take that as a ray of sunshine in a cloudy day. Now I have my doubts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

I was thinking the same thing, I’m in GA and there really was few cases until lit turned to 85 last week now it’s raging. I’m not a religious person but the fact churches shut down (With exceptions ) in the south without much pushback is a pretty good indicator. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

It wasn't, IMO, until the massive influx (by air and land) of 'hotspot NY, NJ and CT "visitors" arrived. 

We, along with a massive caravan of Northern stater's, left three weeks ago tomorrow due to such. 

Everything 'changed (mid-east central coast, Stuart FL) when they did. 

Everything.

Even the Spring Breaker's prior to the above didn't have an impact on normal life.

In hindsight, the World is blaming China for not containing COVID 19 in Wuhan; yet even here in the US, where the airports were left open in our largest metropolitan areas, and the hotspots developed, nobody (NY, NJ or CT governors or mayors or the administration) did a darn thing to contain COVID 19 to those areas; kept the airports open even today and the highways to get out.

Result, it spread.  2nd homes, Long Island, Florida, etc.

Those who could 'left; by air or jam packed car or SUV.  Within ONE WEEK, shopping at Publix went from nothing different from any other year to a complete zoo.  The parking lots were full of the above-referenced states.

IMO.

So, although 'nothing was showing in Florida during our winter of great weather (warm), everything changed after the influx from the hotspots.

Note - If I lived in one of those hotspots, I'd have left also.

Just saying, everybody 'looked the other way.

Could be partially why NY infection and hospitalization rates are down; I don't know.

Could be partailly why NY minority community such rates are so high (they didn't have the resources to leave); I don't know.

IMO, the 'heat in FL didn't have a chance.

I love NY, NJ and have sailed out of both on RCCL and NCL many times and LOVED IT.  Loved interacting with the NY, NJ passengers.  Just saying.

• Like 1

Cruising will be back by Autumn. I expect it to be back by the end of May but in order to be on the safe side I would suggest staying away from those hot deals for Spring. They can simply get cancelled again and then you will have to wait for your refund for 90+ days.. why bother, just wait till summer and then book the cruise for Autumn 

32 minutes ago, cruisecriket said:

All I tried to say is that the heat of summer will act as a huge, yes huge, mitigating factor against the spread of this virus.

That's a perfectly charming sentiment to express. Unfortunately it's not supported by any scientific evidence whatsoever. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/health/coronavirus-summer-weather.html

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Could be partailly why NY minority community such rates are so high (they didn't have the resources to leave); I don't know.

That’s actually not an accurate statement 20% black 15% white but 63% choose not to identify. The headline an editor wrote doesn’t disclose that because of agenda. Before you ask for source it was on the news with Fauci so I can’t pull up an article but I’m sure you can get the graph somewhere.

3 minutes ago, ellasmomanddad said:

That’s actually not an accurate statement 20% black 15% white but 63% choose not to identify. The headline an editor wrote doesn’t disclose that because of agenda. Before you ask for source it was on the news with Fauci so I can’t pull up an article but I’m sure you can get the graph somewhere.

Even Trump's surgeon general stated the virus disproportionately impacts minority communities. Is he part of the same "agenda" you speak of?

Edited by PortFees45
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

That's a perfectly charming sentiment to express. Unfortunately it's not supported by any scientific evidence whatsoever. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/health/coronavirus-summer-weather.html

So, you post me to the NY times to a gloom and doom article in a gloom and doom state. And you expect me to take it serious?

I don't think there's any scientist who would say that a virus has the same potential to spread in the summer as in winter. You do know that the flu (a virus) season runs from Oct-March, right?

I thought I was done here. Do what you want. Stay in a perpetual state of lockdown. I will sail shortly after they open.

And, they are not going to let all the cruise lines go belly up. They didn't get bailed out because they, as slick they think they are, were all based in foreign ports. Read the initial post of this forum.

Sayonara.

• Like 2

I’m saying, the actual number says 63% chose not to identify race. I myself choose to sign every form prefer not to identify. I said on Wednesday with that graph cnn, msnbc, the times and the post would report that its disproportionate sure enough they did. Just like China reporting there cases if you don’t have the correct numbers it’s false reporting. How could you possibly no what race the other 63% not reporting are? I didn’t report my race when I tested. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisecriket said:

I don't think there's any scientist who would say that a virus has the same potential to spread in the summer as in winter. You do know that the flu (a virus) season runs from Oct-March, right?

Except the scientists quoted in the article? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellasmomanddad said:

I’m saying, the actual number says 63% chose not to identify race. I myself choose to sign every form prefer not to identify. I said on Wednesday with that graph cnn, msnbc, the times and the post would report that its disproportionate sure enough they did. Just like China reporting there cases if you don’t have the correct numbers it’s false reporting. How could you possibly no what race the other 63% not reporting are? I didn’t report my race when I tested. 

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/minority-communities-covid-19.html

You missed the second Sentence. 

A new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) analyzed data from a handful of states and found that among patients for whom information on race and ethnicity was available. 
     key words handful and available 

Edited by ellasmomanddad
  • Like 2