Now for something completely different

Oooh, a topic I know something about. :classic_tongue:

Everyone who is going to be near newborns is advised to have whooping cough vaccine, not shingles vaccine. 

Whooping cough vaccine does not come as a single vaccine, it is always in combination with tetanus and diptheria. Is not a bad injection going in but prone to dead arm feeling afterwards. Is the tetanus component doing that. 

Shingles as stated in post  above is a reactivation of chickenpox virus dormant in  your system since childhood illness.,

Zostavax has been available free in Australia to people between 70 and 80, for about 10 years. Single dose. But a live vaccine so not suitable for immunocompromised people.

Has recently been replaced by Shingrix, 2 dose schedule, 2 - 6 months apart. 

Free to all people over 65, aboriginal people over 50 and severely immu ocompromised people over 18. 

Not a live vaccine so can be given to immunocompromised people. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

Not a freebie for me yet either, but worth the price.

I thought I'd have to wait another 5 years but I turned 65 on the day the Govt announced they'd lowered the age for a freebie.  Yay for me! 

Was about the best birthday pressie I got actually, Grumpy and I've decided against giving each other gifts a couple of years ago.  Save our pennies for the grandies now.  Besides. all I really want is a bottle of Jamesons which I can buy myself when I want to and he just wants his Whistler or American Honey so ditto.  Or, to add to his ridiculous collection of Hawaiian shirts from Lowes - he has 29 now.  When he dies he wants everyone coming to his funeral to come and take a Hawaiian shirt and wear it, I said that's fine but where am I gonna find another 26 people who'll want to go to his funeral!  

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

I thought I'd have to wait another 5 years but I turned 65 on the day the Govt announced they'd lowered the age for a freebie.  Yay for me! 

Was about the best birthday pressie I got actually, Grumpy and I've decided against giving each other gifts a couple of years ago.  Save our pennies for the grandies now.  Besides. all I really want is a bottle of Jamesons which I can buy myself when I want to and he just wants his Whistler or American Honey so ditto.  Or, to add to his ridiculous collection of Hawaiian shirts from Lowes - he has 29 now.  When he dies he wants everyone coming to his funeral to come and take a Hawaiian shirt and wear it, I said that's fine but where am I gonna find another 26 people who'll want to go to his funeral!  

We can relate to a lot of that. I have some really special shirts, each trying to outdo the previous one on cruises around the Pacific. I did a clean out of clothes last month but didn't think to go through that storage tub. I have a few empty hangers to resurrect a few for upcoming cruises. 

I am sure I would have 26 people show at my funeral, if only to make sure it is true.

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, arxcards said:

We can relate to a lot of that. I have some really special shirts, each trying to outdo the previous one on cruises around the Pacific. I did a clean out of clothes last month but didn't think to go through that storage tub. I have a few empty hangers to resurrect a few for upcoming cruises. 

I am sure I would have 26 people show at my funeral, if only to make sure it is true.

Nice shirt for you Geoff, other pax would be wary, lol.

239428017_376489263842020_8944843152730290424_n.thumb.jpg.38e125d8c743214dc2916521475c5b81.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

And you will have to wash 27 shirts.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

And you will have to wash 27 shirts.

Nah not a problem anymore.  I bought one of these new fangled inventions, it's called a washing machine so no more wandering down to the river with the lye soap to beat the laundry on a rock and hang on the bushes.  Now all I need is for some smart man (an oxymoron 😉) to invent a machine that removes laundry from the washing machine and hangs it to dry.   

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Nah not a problem anymore.  I bought one of these new fangled inventions, it's called a washing machine so no more wandering down to the river with the lye soap to beat the laundry on a rock and hang on the bushes.  Now all I need is for some smart man (an oxymoron 😉) to invent a machine that removes laundry from the washing machine and hangs it to dry.   

I have got one of those machines that hangs the laundry out to dry - it is called a husband. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have got one of those machines that hangs the laundry out to dry - it is called a husband.

I must have gotten the earlier model, doesn't have all the same features.  Great at snoring on the couch though.

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Mine is an early model, but maybe it is a limited edition but it has some other negative features.🙂

I have an earlier model too, and since its retirement, has switched to automatic, with some fancy and useful add-ons.  It not only hangs out the washing, it loads the machine and turns it on beforehand.  It has claimed territorial rights to the floors, but it has no feature for bathrooms or dusting, so that's my domain.  This wondrous machine also cleans the kitchen after I've cooked, a function I will not surrender, but it has claimed the barbecue as its domain.  Tends to rev into overdrive sometimes, though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

I have an earlier model too, and since its retirement, has switched to automatic, with some fancy and useful add-ons.  It not only hangs out the washing, it loads the machine and turns it on beforehand.  It has claimed territorial rights to the floors, but it has no feature for bathrooms or dusting, so that's my domain.  This wondrous machine also cleans the kitchen after I've cooked, a function I will not surrender, but it has claimed the barbecue as its domain.  Tends to rev into overdrive sometimes, though.

Best of all - requires no fossil fuels to run apart from recharging the prod battery.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have got one of those machines that hangs the laundry out to dry - it is called a husband. 🙂

But does he shake the washing before hanging it out!   Problem …do you complain, it is not being done properly and are you glad it is just being done!

Eileen

35 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

But does he shake the washing before hanging it out!   Problem …do you complain, it is not being done properly and are you glad it is just being done!

Eileen

I am banned from hanging clothes. I do give them a shake, but I don't use matching pegs or I use the wrong colour. My robot uses matching & colour coordinated pegs.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am banned from hanging clothes. I do give them a shake, but I don't use matching pegs or I use the wrong colour. My robot uses matching & colour coordinated pegs.

Yes retirement takes some adjusting to.  I appreciate the washing of floors and vacuuming and I am now not allowed to fill the dishwasher.  All of a sudden he takes time to do these things but he forgets I used to have to do all the things mostly by myself.   You know how women are multi skilled.   Remember the days when we first got guys serving in the supermarkets!   

really things have improved for us all.   But still love cruising and getting all things done for us.

Eileen

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Yes retirement takes some adjusting to.  I appreciate the washing of floors and vacuuming and I am now not allowed to fill the dishwasher.  All of a sudden he takes time to do these things but he forgets I used to have to do all the things mostly by myself.   You know how women are multi skilled.   Remember the days when we first got guys serving in the supermarkets!   

really things have improved for us all.   But still love cruising and getting all things done for us.

Eileen

Couldn’t have expressed it better myself 👏

46 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Sounds like my Aunt, hung the washing out for her, when the machine was done, we did some of ours and hung that out as well. She came home for lunch, re hung everything as the pegs had to match the clothing items colour and each other.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds like my Aunt, hung the washing out for her, when the machine was done, we did some of ours and hung that out as well. She came home for lunch, re hung everything as the pegs had to match the clothing items colour and each other.

She’s right🥰