Now for something completely different

40 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Linda, this will be the second time we have been so close to an F1 race and not gone. We were in Belgium during race weekend but it would have cost about $2500.00 to attend because of the price of accommodation. The only room available was priced at $1300.00 for the 3 days (and you had to book all 3 days), normally that room would have been less than $400.00 for 3 days. This time we have to leave Melbourne the day of first practice. So near yet so far.

It’s the story of ages:  create a demand, and they will pay.

Just now, Mareblu said:

You really are an enthusiast.

Since I was a child. The races in Vancouver were a big deal for me. The noise, the smell the feel. Unfortunately Indy Car went through a big split and the quality of the show wasn't the same. I rarely watch an Indy Car race anymore, sadly. I watch Formula One all the time, although it has been very predictable lately and I'm not a fan of the wunderkind.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

What a tennis match!  Congratulations, Jannik, and ciao, Novak.  That’s the second time in recent years he’s left the Australian Open early😁

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap 😁.

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mareblu said:

What a tennis match!  Congratulations, Jannik, and ciao, Novak.  That’s the second time in recent years he’s left the Australian Open early😁

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap 😁.

Yep, it seems Steve Miller said it best

Cause he's a picker, he's a grinner, 

he's a lover, he's a Sinner,

he plays his tennis on the run

He beat the joker, who's a croaker, 

and can't play poker,

and he ain't having no fun.

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

The only room available was priced at $1300.00 for the 3 days (and you had to book all 3 days), normally that room would have been less than $400.00 for 3 days. This time we have to leave Melbourne the day of first practice. So near yet so far.

Ah price gouging, you'd never get that over here.  😉

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

There was a ride in an Audi R8, also a V8 super car. I thought about it briefly and then realized I had very little chance of even getting into either of those cars. It would be cool if someone was out doing hot laps.

Our daughter is a bit of a rev head so for her 30th birthday (16 years ago!) we bought her hot laps at a circuit in an industrial area of Perth.  It was clear from the moment the engine revved that she was born for this and had certainly missed her calling.

Good luck with the puzzle 😊 Not all jigsaw puzzles are created equal, yours looks okay - for the better made ones the pieces fit together in a definite "positive" way, with respect some cheaper-made puzzles can be more of a challenge. Having said that, you don't have much variety of colour so ... good luck  it looks to be a challenge 😂

• Like 1

I love doing jigsaws.

Have one on the go under my pergola, so relaxing to wind down after work or any time

I always do 1000 piece horizontal ones, and ones with busy picture, not sceneries with half sky and half grass types.

Take a few weeks each to complete.

this is the last one I did.

20231101_181203.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I did a puzzle the other day, it took me just over a day but the puzzle said it was for 3+ years.:classic_tongue:

Hahaha, I quite like challenging puzzles and often borrow them from the charity shop I volunteer at, to check all pieces are there. One of the workers brought this one to me, I don't think she realised how straightforward it would be - it took me about an hour, for age 6+ and just 100 pieces -

20240125_100738.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hahaha, I quite like challenging puzzles and often borrow them from the charity shop I volunteer at, to check all pieces are there. One of the workers brought this one to me, I don't think she realised how straightforward it would be - it took me about an hour, for age 6+ and just 100 pieces -

20240125_100738.jpg

Very impressive, both of you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Thanks

Good try, Mic, but that would be Kristelle and Jean 😂

And thanks for the Steve Miller adaptation earworm.  Been singing it all day😬

Very clever.

Edited by Mareblu
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Good try, Mic, but that would be Kristelle and Jean 😂

And thanks for the Steve Miller adaptation earworm.  Been singing it all day😬

Very clever.

Lol, I thought I would try.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I did a puzzle the other day, it took me just over a day but the puzzle said it was for 3+ years.:classic_tongue:

Good job....Very Impressive....It would have taken me a week.....😔

• Haha 2

we thought it would be fun to watch the Miss Fisher movie. So it's murder mystery and Tim Tams. I did try a Tim Tam slam and botched it, I'm not sure if I want to try again. Maybe if I have some hot chocolate I'll give it another go. I did learn one should be standing while attempting that evolution.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

we thought it would be fun to watch the Miss Fisher movie. So it's murder mystery and Tim Tams. I did try a Tim Tam slam and botched it, I'm not sure if I want to try again. Maybe if I have some hot chocolate I'll give it another go. I did learn one should be standing while attempting that evolution.

I don't like Tim Tams enough to ruin a good cup of tea or coffee doing the slam! 🤣

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I have heard of the TT slam but did not know exactly what was involved so I Googled it. It was what I imagined. I did it many years ago using Arnott's Chocolate Montes (Monties?).

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-the-Tim-Tam-Slam