When and what was the last Princess cruise you took?

mek

January 2012 on the Crown with my grandchildren and their husband's.  Sewer smells in hallways and public areas as well as  norovirus.  Haven't been back since.

Edited by fudgbug
Added on the Crown
  • Haha 1

January 2020 46 days Indian Ocean & South Africa Odyssey on the Sun Princess, round trip from Fremantle Australia. It was a wonderful druise even though we were refused in 2 ports (Madagascar and Mauritius) because of the growing pandemic. The highlights for us were the ports in South Africa.

IMG_2994.JPG

• Like 1

Caribbean Princess in July 2014.  We have done RCL, NCL and CCL twice since then.  We were to be on the Royal Princess last month but we all know how that worked out. ☹️

Now looking ahead to March 2022 on Discovery Princess - going to try to replicate this year’s missed cruise.

Emerald Princess, 19Dec-2Jan,  Panama Canal FLL-LAX.  Perfect weather, great crew (with one exception as readers of my review might recall . .  ), and lovely ship. 

I was lucky enough to be on three ships in 2019:  the tail end of the Christmas/New Year's sailing to Hawaii which ended in January, a July cruise to Canada aboard the Caribbean, and then the Emerald for this past Christmas/New Years.  Clearly I got greedy, because look what's happened now.  Sigh.  Sorry, folks. 

Our last one was from January 21 to February 6, 2020 onboard the Coral Princess from Buenos Aires to Santiago (San Antonio) including Antartica. The seas were amazingly smooth and we experienced light rain only a couple times. It was such a wonderful voyage and one we will always cherish. It will serve us well as we aren’t able to sail again for some time during all of this craziness. 

• Like 1

Around Italy, Rome to Venice, on the beautiful Pacific Princess.  Unexpected treats were Malta, Montenegro, Croatia, and Slovenia, in addition to the Italy ports. What a trip!  My picture of arriving in Venice, below...  This was Oct. 2019.

image.thumb.jpeg.358b72ff36126c3b95fab18a36c0c17c.jpeg

Edited by Cruiserkenn
  • Like 1

Last October 2019 on the Royal Princess Coastal Cruise from LA. This was our first and maybe only cruise on a Royal Class ship. We were lucky enough to be chosen to do the Chef's Table Lumiere, which was an amazing experience.. Depending on the future of cruising, it may be that our first and last cruises were on Princess. First cruise was Alaska on the Coral in 2003. 

9 hours ago, gottagocit said:

Our last one was from January 21 to February 6, 2020 onboard the Coral Princess from Buenos Aires to Santiago (San Antonio) including Antartica. The seas were amazingly smooth and we experienced light rain only a couple times. It was such a wonderful voyage and one we will always cherish. It will serve us well as we aren’t able to sail again for some time during all of this craziness. 

I am sure that you realized that King Neptune smiled on you during your transits of the Drake Passage.  

My cruise in the opposite direction on Zaandam in 2019 was a travel experience that I won't forget, either.  

• Like 1

14 days on the Sky Jan 25th through February 8th.  Saw the Super Bowl during a beautiful night top deck!  We normally do not take this many in a row but enjoyed the Crown for 10 days in November and Emerald 7 days end of June.  We are very glad we did.  Had a wonderful time each and every cruise. 

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I am sure that you realized that King Neptune smiled on you during your transits of the Drake Passage.  

My cruise in the opposite direction on Zaandam in 2019 was a travel experience that I won't forget, either.  

Oh no doubt. The weather and seas could not have been better. Not one time did the seas or ice keep us from going into a bay or port. We were even able to be part of the largest ship and first Princess ship to sail into the huge caldera of deception island. We also saw several dozen whales. It was truly a dream trip into such an amazing place. It also allowed us to visit our 7th continent and 51st country.  

Edited by gottagocit

December 19, 2019 - January 3, 2020 - Hawaii from Los Angeles on the Star Princess.  Despite rough seas on our way to the islands, it has been one of our best Princess cruises ever.  Now that we're temporarily confined at home, we're drinking the last of our coffee from Hilo and playing our ukuleles as we dream of our happy holiday in Hawaii.  Wishing good health to everyone!

DSCF1166.JPG