June 11, 2020 -- New Royal start sail date

Technically the new start date is June 12th...not June 11th.   My doomed Grandeur June 11th cruise fell under that cancellation.  

And of course in reality...I am guessing another 30 day suspension announcement will come out a month from now...IMHO.  😮 

• Like 1

The only way for the cruise lines to keep the Ponzi scheme going is to keep waiting until the brink, then cancelling a relatively short session of cruises and posting another unicorn date for when cruises resume.

We all know that by early to mid-March, big businesses saw the cash crunch coming ... and their message to their vendors was "We're taking longer to pay. That's just how it is."  Everything they've been doing is to conserve cash; if they can keep an extra $30 million as "float" in their accounts by paying vendors in 90 days instead of 45, then that's what they'll do. 

The vendors - at least the captive ones -  go along because they can't afford to lose the business. 

But WE are not vendors. We're customers. And there's no rational reason for us to keep financing foreign cruise companies while our neighbors are suffering at home. You won't see me putting a deposit on a cruise anytime soon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

The only way for the cruise lines to keep the Ponzi scheme going is to keep waiting until the brink, then cancelling a relatively short session of cruises and posting another unicorn date for when cruises resume.

We all know that by early to mid-March, big businesses saw the cash crunch coming ... and their message to their vendors was "We're taking longer to pay. That's just how it is."  Everything they've been doing is to conserve cash; if they can keep an extra $30 million as "float" in their accounts by paying vendors in 90 days instead of 45, then that's what they'll do. 

The vendors - at least the captive ones -  go along because they can't afford to lose the business. 

But WE are not vendors. We're customers. And there's no rational reason for us to keep financing foreign cruise companies while our neighbors are suffering at home. You won't see me putting a deposit on a cruise anytime soon.

Would anyone like to create a bot to see how many times this guy says "Ponzi scheme"?  If not, I could probably throw something together.  Then we can start a new betting game.  Parlay it on how many different threads he says it too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

WOW, you have it all figured out, none else is as smart as you!!

<eye roll>

2 hours ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Would anyone like to create a bot to see how many times this guy says "Ponzi scheme"?  If not, I could probably throw something together.  Then we can start a new betting game.  Parlay it on how many different threads he says it too.

lol.

There are a few other posters that have come out of the woodwork that do the same thing. I see identical posts on half a dozen different threads.  Confuses the hell out of me, I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day.