How many more times does RCCL suspends cruises before they say enough is enough for 2020 ?

Jimbo

4 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

That sounds right to me too but there is a lot of chatter that FCCs for those over 70 can be gifted or even sold now. I'd hope Vicki.....or someone at RCI.....clarifies that soon. 

I don't think it needs clarification until  they start sailing again and actually require it.  Hopefully that requirement will go away although I think it is doubtful 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

rimmit...agree.

Yes, I've followed your posts.

Yes, I was in denial.

My wife finally said: "Stop re-booking".

I got the final word: "Yes Dear".

Acceptance.

Note: If you've followed my posts, I'm hoping you can learn from my mistakes. Not sure when we'll ever see those refunds or FCC's.

Yes,  the refund and FCC game is painful.  I have over $6000 tied up in FCC, tour vouchers And flight vouchers and $10500 floating in refunds right now. 😞  I check my credit card everyday hoping I will see some of these refunds.

it was set to be a banner year for us on the travel front.  Starting Nov’ 19 did Ovation out of Sydney.  Feb went to Disney and Jackson hole for skiing.  March/April a 18 night Asia Disney trip. Late April was the Inca Trail.  June was an Alaskan cruise.  Summer was blocked off for summer camps.  Then Sept 2nd the Arctic crossing on the Brilliance that hit Greenland, Iceland, and Norway.  Then an 8 night Bahamas on Grandeur over thanksgiving and a NYE cruise on Celebrity Infinity to be capped off with an Antarctic drive by onCelebrity Silhouette Jan 2021.

Needless to say we got to Feb.... and it all fell apart.  It was falling apart end of Jan already when Corona was raging in Asia. and I was scrambling to fill in some gaps and change plans.  Either way, I was devastated,  but I have come to accept it for what it is.  We are now gonna use the money and put in a composite deck and maybe redo our siding as a consolation prize.   Siding.....   all our travel has now been converted into siding.  Sigh....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

That sounds right to me too but there is a lot of chatter that FCCs for those over 70 can be gifted or even sold now. I'd hope Vicki.....or someone at RCI.....clarifies that soon. 

Is it on other social media sites about them being gifted now?  I haven’t read anything on here that anyone has actually done it.  

I have a hard hard time believing that they would allow it now.  There could very well be no Drs note requirement  once sailing resumes.  Carnival has removed their requirement. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is no different than all the other cruise lines and will keep cancelling 30 -45 days out unless they know for absolute certainty that no sailings will happen.  This would only apply to specific geographic areas like they did with the Alaska sailings. Even then, Princess had not cancelled Alaska up to July until  a couple days ago. 

Sorry, I was confused by this earlier post from you when you said Princess had cancelled Alaska up to July until a couple a days ago.............when really it was the whole season except ships leaving from Seattle.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is it on other social media sites about them being gifted now?  I haven’t read anything on here that anyone has actually done it.  

I have a hard hard time believing that they would allow it now.  There could very well be no Drs note requirement  once sailing resumes.  Carnival has removed their requirement. 

All I'm reading is chatter about it and haven't heard of anyone that has tried to do it.  I think Vicki may have said that to ally fears that the FCC value could be lost and I agree that going forward it may not be required. Time will tell. 

20 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Yes,  the refund and FCC game is painful.  I have over $6000 tied up in FCC, tour vouchers And flight vouchers and $10500 floating in refunds right now. 😞  I check my credit card everyday hoping I will see some of these refunds.

it was set to be a banner year for us on the travel front.  Starting Nov’ 19 did Ovation out of Sydney.  Feb went to Disney and Jackson hole for skiing.  March/April a 18 night Asia Disney trip. Late April was the Inca Trail.  June was an Alaskan cruise.  Summer was blocked off for summer camps.  Then Sept 2nd the Arctic crossing on the Brilliance that hit Greenland, Iceland, and Norway.  Then an 8 night Bahamas on Grandeur over thanksgiving and a NYE cruise on Celebrity Infinity to be capped off with an Antarctic drive by onCelebrity Silhouette Jan 2021.

Needless to say we got to Feb.... and it all fell apart.  It was falling apart end of Jan already when Corona was raging in Asia. and I was scrambling to fill in some gaps and change plans.  Either way, I was devastated,  but I have come to accept it for what it is.  We are now gonna use the money and put in a composite deck and maybe redo our siding as a consolation prize.   Siding.....   all our travel has now been converted into siding.  Sigh....

Trek decks are nice.

Deck.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was announced by Vicki Freed on a TA webinar that they would allow people over 70 who cannot sail due to the Drs note requirement to transfer them to someone else. 

So the rules change and they expect people to happily give away thousands of dollars to family and friends? How presumptious of them to assume that people can afford to do this. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Trek decks are nice.

Deck.jpg

We are looking at Trex right now.   Have you been happy with it?

also looking at Royal Building Celect Siding.  Any experience with that?

25 minutes ago, cello56 said:

So the rules change and they expect people to happily give away thousands of dollars to family and friends? How presumptious of them to assume that people can afford to do this. 

Beats original policy that can never Transfer FCC, that one was always just lost money. Had couple FCC yrs ago, couldnt Cruise within  that yr(was Army Deployed) so lost it all... It's not Royal's over 70 rule. Though do feel for all those have to have the Dr Release thing, I'd bet it will be required in some form at least a yr

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

We are looking at Trex right now.   Have you been happy with it?

also looking at Royal Building Celect Siding.  Any experience with that?

Yes very happy with the Trex, get's little hot with bare feet though, power wash it about every 3 years and then looks like brand new again. No experience with that kind of siding here on the East Coast.

1 hour ago, cello56 said:

Sell it to someone going on a cruise? Ebay, Facebook etc?