Anyone have a guess when next batch of cruises will be cancelled?

Petoonya

Have a May 17 Alaska cruise from Seattle that I never wanted to go on in the first place. Was a family reunion and NCL is not my usual cruise line. I'm concerned that NCL is so cash shy the next step will be to offer the next round of cruises FCC only. Bleah. Or heck maybe they think they can roll out the barrel and cruise! 🙃

I do have independent insurance and put it on a credit card so have some recourse perhaps just in case FCC is the only option, but that's all a maybe.

Edited by Petoonya

I’d like to know too. I’m booked to sail out of Amsterdam on May 16. I don’t feel safe flying right now. I don’t understand why they canceled my March 2021 cruise in Asia a year ahead but haven’t cancelled a cruise next month yet. Makes no sense. I’m looking forward to booking a cruise I can drive to instead over the summer

29 minutes ago, GlamorousGirl said:

I’d like to know too. I’m booked to sail out of Amsterdam on May 16. I don’t feel safe flying right now. I don’t understand why they canceled my March 2021 cruise in Asia a year ahead but haven’t cancelled a cruise next month yet. Makes no sense. I’m looking forward to booking a cruise I can drive to instead over the summer

That's 100%going to be canceled. Just do everything you need to do as if it's cancelled. You just have to wait until NCL actually cancels the cruise

• Like 1

Have you read the CDC no sail policy for ships sailing to/from US ports with more than 250 pax? I read VP Pence had the CDC modify the no sail from 100 to 80 days. Anyone else read this?

That would bring sailings from US ports 100 (or 80) into the summer.

We have a  May 23rd 7 day Canada/NE NCL cruise. Canada has closed their ports until July 1. I then found that Bar Harbor is closed to ships. Bermuda is not an option as they are not accepting ships. So with the CDC NO SAIL, + no ports ready to accept ships (this would sail from NYC!), I wonder what is taking them so long to tell booked pax what is their plan. BTW- the cruise can still be booked from the NCL website and I receive emails to upgrade our state room. 

So, we are 1 month away from our cruise and have NO information from NCL.

Here is the link to the CDC original policy: 

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0409-modifications-extension-no-sail-ships.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Have you read the CDC no sail policy for ships sailing to/from US ports with more than 250 pax? I read VP Pence had the CDC modify the no sail from 100 to 80 days. Anyone else read this?

It's not true. The order as published states 100 days.  By the way the 100 days started on July 15, the date the order was published in the Federal Register.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0409-modifications-extension-no-sail-ships.html

This Order shall continue in operation until the earliest of three situations. First, the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency.  Second, the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations.  Or third, 100 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

Edited by njhorseman

We have not reached July 15th for publication in the Federal Register. Not sure where you are going there.

Here is the link again from the CDC where the date of publication in the Federal Register was April 15th.

I am not about to get into an exchange on interpretations of this order. I put the link so CC members could read for themselves.  

From the CDC website:

April 9, 2020 Update

On April 9, 2020, CDC renewed the No Sail Order and Other Measures Related to Operations Order signed by the CDC Director on March 14, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. The Order is published in the Federal Register and effective as of April 15, 2020 (https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2020-07930external icon). This Order shall continue in operation until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) 100 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register. See the attached order (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 9 pages] for the full requirements.

njhorseman-this is my last post on this. I am trying to make cc members aware of this CDC ruling-not to argue how to interpret.

• Like 1

That would bring sailings from US ports 100 (or 80) into the summer.

My understanding is the order was originally for 120 days which would’ve taken the delay until August 13. Shortly after it was posted, it was modified to the 100 days that is in the current order. The new order was filed in the Federal Register on April 15, so the end of the 100 day No Sail period would by July 24.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/04/13/coronavirus-cruise-ships-saw-red-flags-amid-chaotic-federal-response/2937001001/

Orders have a mandatory end date to be specified.  It means nothing, just a requirement, a number picked out of the air.  It can then be done again.  100 days wasn't picked because someone has a magic crystal ball as to when cruising will be safe again.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Loucat said:

We have not reached July 15th for publication in the Federal Register. Not sure where you are going there.

Here is the link again from the CDC where the date of publication in the Federal Register was April 15th.

I am not about to get into an exchange on interpretations of this order. I put the link so CC members could read for themselves.  

From the CDC website:

April 9, 2020 Update

On April 9, 2020, CDC renewed the No Sail Order and Other Measures Related to Operations Order signed by the CDC Director on March 14, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. The Order is published in the Federal Register and effective as of April 15, 2020 (https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2020-07930external icon). This Order shall continue in operation until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) 100 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register. See the attached order (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 9 pages] for the full requirements.

njhorseman-this is my last post on this. I am trying to make cc members aware of this CDC ruling-not to argue how to interpret.

When I wrote July 15 as the publication date it was a typo/brain freeze moment. Obviously I intended to say April 15. 

Orders have a mandatory end date to be specified.  It means nothing, just a requirement, a number picked out of the air.  It can then be done again.  100 days wasn't picked because someone has a magic crystal ball as to when cruising will be safe again.  

Yes, I agree and expect the No Sail order to be extended again past the current order as we get closer to that date.

22 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Have a May 17 Alaska cruise from Seattle that I never wanted to go on in the first place. Was a family reunion and NCL is not my usual cruise line. I'm concerned that NCL is so cash shy the next step will be to offer the next round of cruises FCC only. Bleah. Or heck maybe they think they can roll out the barrel and cruise! 🙃

I do have independent insurance and put it on a credit card so have some recourse perhaps just in case FCC is the only option, but that's all a maybe.

They will cancel it and probably soon. I had a May 11 cruise cancelled and was able to put in for a refund today.

Is this the cruise you didn't want to go on because of certain family members being included? If yes then problem solved without anyone's feelings being hurt.

Edited by Peachypooh

Thanks Peachy- feel encouraged. Didn't want to go partially because of family but mostly I'm not a big ship person- we always do Oceania. Seems like when NCL's cancels it's a Monday so was hoping for today. Thanks for your thoughtful words.

Edited by Petoonya

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

Princess cancelled their May and June cruises this week.  NCL should be announcing the same anytime now. 

i think they want to hang on for the june ones from southern ports, in case they can make it work with the cdc guidlines, if its out of ny/nj cali , alaska. canada , they should go ahead and do that already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

i think they want to hang on for the june ones from southern ports, in case they can make it work with the cdc guidlines, if its out of ny/nj cali , alaska. canada , they should go ahead and do that already. 

Hi Again this is not the case at all. NCL along with all other lines do not have the crew and because of the virus can not move crew around ships. NCL will not be sailing if the others are not. This is not a guess it is market knowledge as the price fell again today of the shares there is no good news to price in. If they ere going to sail they have a duty to advice the SEC as it is price sensitive information and they have not. I respect you that you want to see things moving again and stay optimistic but my view is now evidenced based. 

I hope I am wrong but  "The Company’s financial performance could be materially impacted if travel restrictions and COVID-19 concerns continue for an extended period of time"  taken from the companies own SEC filing is very worrying. We all forget the other brands of NCLH are also draining them of cash. They could not afford to restart earlier and have an outbreak on the ship it would be car crash and worst than our prince Andrew interview . I suggest it would finish them off!!

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

What they want to hang on to is your money, as long as possible!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mrdodgy said:

Hi Again this is not the case at all. NCL along with all other lines do not have the crew and because of the virus can not move crew around ships. NCL will not be sailing if the others are not. This is not a guess it is market knowledge as the price fell again today of the shares there is no good news to price in. If they ere going to sail they have a duty to advice the SEC as it is price sensitive information and they have not. I respect you that you want to see things moving again and stay optimistic but my view is now evidenced based. 

I hope I am wrong but  "The Company’s financial performance could be materially impacted if travel restrictions and COVID-19 concerns continue for an extended period of time"  taken from the companies own SEC filing is very worrying. We all forget the other brands of NCLH are also draining them of cash. They could not afford to restart earlier and have an outbreak on the ship it would be car crash and worst than our prince Andrew interview . I suggest it would finish them off!!

i disagree that they dont  have crew on some ships, also if they limit pax, they will not need a full crew for a few ships that start sailing this summer. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i disagree that they dont  have crew on some ships, also if they limit pax, they will not need a full crew for a few ships that start sailing this summer. 

IF they limit passengers that cost will be passed onto those taking the cruise. 

Well, my June Cruise Tour is not showing up on the site for booking. It was there Friday when I checked last. So it could be their site is screwed up or maybe they are actually getting ready to cancel.

• Haha 1