Philippines not letting ship dock

oskidunker

I haven't seen any news but here's what I do know:

The Majestic Princess, Sapphire Princess and Sun Princess are all anchored in Subic Bay. There are three other cruise ships anchored as well including the QE2. I note there's a port tender at one of the other ships.

Royal Princess is on her way there too but isn't due until May.

image.thumb.png.73d8723d8fbd8e938c6b44ec0ce6815b.png

2 hours ago, CruisenOne said:
  1. Philippines: Entry is denied if you’ve travelled from any country that has reported cases of local transmission of COVID-19. Expect additional health screening at entry points.

Since virtually every country has Covid, a shorter way to say that is just "Entry is denied".

• Like 3

Email from Crew Member at home now, wrote---   "After arrival, each ship must do their 14 days quarantine onboard at anchorage and get recheck and then are release and the Philippine Government then requires an additional 14 day quarantine in house, before cleared."  

Three ship from the west coast are heading for Manila and the East coast is going to use Crown and Island Princess to return all Filipino Crew from those 6 ships around the Bahamas.  Expecting to take 32 days transit home, going south/east, passing South Africa.  departure day not yet announced.  Barista friend on board now.  Long way to go home.  Thirty two days travel and another 28 days quarantine.  Two more months before they are really home. TOUGH ! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Not just entry denied. 'Police will shoot you dead if you violate coronavirus lockdown order' said the country president Duterta.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200402-shoot-them-dead-philippine-s-duterte-warns-coronavirus-lockdown-violators

This is just sad!!  They are human beings, after all.  

There are at least 10 cruise ships anchored - NOT docked - in Manila Bay off the port.

They are NOT at Subic Bay.

The crews are to do an additional 14 days quarantine on the ships before they will be allowed ashore.

I read on another thread that Ruby Princess is headed to Manilla to drop off crew members.  They are off coast of eastern Australia and left today for Manilla. 

Edited by AF-1

On 4/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, Gimer said:

Email from Crew Member at home now, wrote---   "After arrival, each ship must do their 14 days quarantine onboard at anchorage and get recheck and then are release and the Philippine Government then requires an additional 14 day quarantine in house, before cleared."  

Three ship from the west coast are heading for Manila and the East coast is going to use Crown and Island Princess to return all Filipino Crew from those 6 ships around the Bahamas.  Expecting to take 32 days transit home, going south/east, passing South Africa.  departure day not yet announced.  Barista friend on board now.  Long way to go home.  Thirty two days travel and another 28 days quarantine.  Two more months before they are really home. TOUGH ! 

Since there are so many crew members on board, are they letting the crew stay in passenger staterooms?  I hope they are letting them eat in the Horizon Court too!  😉

48 minutes ago, argenta01 said:

Since there are so many crew members on board, are they letting the crew stay in passenger staterooms?  I hope they are letting them eat in the Horizon Court too!  😉

I saw one video posted by a crew member who was clearly in a guest balcony cabin, and there was a plate of food from the HC (at least I assumed it was from the HC  based on the design of the "china").   If I were the chef, I'd think I'd rather be preparing food in the passenger galleys -- I'd imagine they're more spacious and why not use the "best" option available to you. 

I've been curious about how the crew is taken care of as well. In the past, one of the assistant cruise director's duties was to take care of the crew. Does anyone know if there's someone on board in charge of providing some kind of recreational activities?

On 4/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, beg3yrs said:

I've been curious about how the crew is taken care of as well. In the past, one of the assistant cruise director's duties was to take care of the crew. Does anyone know if there's someone on board in charge of providing some kind of recreational activities?

Captain Jonathan has mentioned recreational activities for the crew on Amsterdam.